SportsWrath

HITLER AND TOM!!

boohyah

The guy has taken more shit in the last few months than a toilet at a Taco Bell. So I can understand the feeling.

But can anyone with that franchise talk to the press without looking like a complete jackass? Tastefully done, Tom.

He's done enough talking and defending himself. Do your fucking job, that's all!. The result speaks for itself, you did a bad job last year, do a better job this year.

I don't think he said anything terrible.
On the other hand, he did not say anything intelligent either. Bringing Adolf up is ironic because Coughlin's main problem is that he cannot inspire others because he is a dictator who thinks he knows everything and actually knows very little. For example, he could not and still can't attract assistant coaches with good abilities. He has pro-bowl players call him out in public because of his failures. You don't see those events happening to head coaches like the ones with the Steelers, Patriots, Colts because these coaches know how to coach.

I remember writing on the GMB that our team was turning into a soap opera shortly after we drafted Manning and got TC, then again after we got Burress.

Looks like I was right.

Name 1 NY team except hockey that isn't a soap opera every year?

The Mets are far from a soap opera these days... FINALLY!!

I disagree. The media can and will always find something.

Lo Duca cheating on his wife

Piazza gay

Benson's wife (Still!)

What will it be this year?

It may not last all year but right behind it will something to take it's place and so on and so on.

First off Gary Myers hates Coughlin, has always hated him. Now with Tiki gone(Myers former YES network Tv partner on TWIF)you will see less hateful annonymous quotes in Myers bandwagon jumping columns each week. Tom answered a question in a relaxed setting in terms of things that Hanlon told him, maybe it stems from this Adollf Coughlin.

In all reality I could care less, but lets be honest, this is football and PFT calls him the soup nazi and you can see the bangcartoon, its not like this unecessary and offensive topic has not been tossed out there.

The Scene: After losing in the first round of the playoffs for the third consecutive year....The DarkLord formerly known as Reese confers with Cheerleader, Gilpunk, Spagster and Palmjob.

Cheerleader: Lord Dark....as you can see we have made tremendous progress this year.....OCP only overthrows his receivers every third play....and General Spagster has the defense killing the opposition......

The DarkLord: YOU HAVE FAILED ME ....FOR THE LAST TIME CHEERLEADER!

Cheerleader: But ...but ... I have the blessings of the Mara/Tisch Empire....

The DarkLord: You are as clumsy as you are stupid, your very existence befouls me....GENERAL SPAGSTER!

Spagster: SIR!

The DarkLord: Gather the troops for an announcement; I will alert the networks......YOU ARE IN COMMAND NOW....COACH SPAGSTER!

Spagster: Thankyou sir.

Cheerleader: But ....he is not Irish and neither are you......*choke*..*choke*...(Cheerleader falls to the floor).

The DarkLord: (He gestures to Palmjob and Gilpunk) Remove this carrion from my sight...and then go to your offices....I am altering the terms of your contracts....PRAY THAT I DO NOT ALTER THEM FURTHER!

Spagster: My Lord...we have insufficient talent to win out next year....

The DarkLord: Leave that to me.....I will provide you with the talent necessary to lay waste to the cursed NFL. I have sent forth my minions to scour the very depths of the college ranks and possible free agents. We shall build the Giants into the New National Dynasty.

Spagster: As thou wishest my Lord!

The DarkLord: Everything is proceeding as I have forseen.....hahahhaaahhaa.

Coughlin and Hitler, nice correlation Tom you fucking numbskull...... equate yourself to a guy who tried to wipe out an entire group of people. So much for making friends and influencing people.

When will people learn that you cannot use Hitler as anything other than the ultimate negative short of a certain fallen angel. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

i dont even care about thehitler reference, as stupid as it is. the dude's fucking soft and this quote proves it. how does he expect any players to run through a wall for him when he can't even take some well-deserved criticism.

another thing, mike and the maddog were in the minority when we were wondering if coughlin was going to get fired. they actually came out and supported him and said he shouldn't be fired. now it's very obvious why, as maddog and coughlin share an agent, but instead of thanking these guys what does coughlin do? he cancels his weekly monday spot with them and says he'll only do thursday and will only do previews of the upcoming game and not answer questions about the previous one. he's a fucking little girl, period. reese knows it too, that's why he's giving him no players and just saving up the cap room for a real coach. im loving reese already, the guy obviously knows football

i dont even care about thehitler reference, as stupid as it is. the dude's fucking soft and this quote proves it. how does he expect any players to run through a wall for him when he can't even take some well-deserved criticism.

another thing, mike and the maddog were in the minority when we were wondering if coughlin was going to get fired. they actually came out and supported him and said he shouldn't be fired. now it's very obvious why, as maddog and coughlin share an agent, but instead of thanking these guys what does coughlin do? he cancels his weekly monday spot with them and says he'll only do thursday and will only do previews of the upcoming game and not answer questions about the previous one. he's a fucking little girl, period. reese knows it too, that's why he's giving him no players and just saving up the cap room for a real coach. im loving reese already, the guy obviously knows football

And it works both ways for Reese....because if Cheerleader somehow benefits from a miracle and actually goes deep into the playoffs....Reese can then stock up with the the free agents of his choice the following year. Also he looks like the good company man by not rocking the boat and demanding his own man up front. Hopefully Cheerleader will self-destruct before the season begins.

If Jerry Reese wanted Coughlin gone this year, he could force the Giants org, to buy him out, since they are not spending the money on players anyway. It's just a contract, it can be reversed if the dollars are right.

Plus, I don't get how people keep saying we're not trying to put a team together and we are saving our money for next year. That's silly to be honest. First off there are players on this team who just can't waste a year, Strahan, Toomer, Feagles for example. Secondly, regarding next years free agency class, do we have first dibs on these players or something that we are just going to buy a bunch of free agents and everything will be fine. Does anybody think about the possibility that maybe they won't come here??.

Furthermore, when you think about it, the Giants have been quiet in free agency but they have tried to make almost as many moves this year as last year, they just haven't worked out. Mc Gahee, Al wilson, Vonta Leach, we reached out to Leonard Davis, Dominic Rhodes, Cato June. There was an effort made here.

Giants simply think that regardless how we feel about Tom, (i said he should have left also), he deserves another chance based on his 11-5 record from 2005. And Reese as a first time GM has to respect that.

and he does respect that, but he's not going to break the bank for those free agents he went after--and if he doesn't have faith inhis coach that's all the more reason to be fiscally responsible with these free agents. there are roster spots to fill and these are multi-year contracts that those FAs would've theoretically signed, so of course hes going to try and make moves

and he does respect that, but he's not going to break the bank for those free agents he went after--and if he doesn't have faith inhis coach that's all the more reason to be fiscally responsible with these free agents. there are roster spots to fill and these are multi-year contracts that those FAs would've theoretically signed, so of course hes going to try and make moves

Yes Midas, but the fact is that if you do not have faith in your coach, you shouldn't keep him, and you should make a strong enough push to get your own guy in house. I'm saying that despite the fact that he's the GM, I don't believe Reese is sitting there going "one more year and he's gone". IMO the Giants have said, if he can do it once (11-5), he can do it again and let's tweak the coaching staff, which was the easiest thing to do. I firmly believe that they want him to succeed, they like Coughlin, have always liked him and they don't want to look silly. Reese is on board with that as far as I'm concerned, Reese was on board when they hired him.

Fact is, if he does a slighty better job coaching and the players play to their potential (mainly Eli), this team should be 10-6/11-5 at least. The talent is there.

By the way, I think Reese has done fine job this off season, not great but a decent job. None of these guys we missed out were worth the money they got, and signing a starting linebacker for virtually nothing and getting a backup running back for a scrub wideout were pretty good moves. Plus the O'hara deal will pay off.

Yes Midas, but the fact is that if you do not have faith in your coach, you shouldn't keep him, and you should make a strong enough push to get your own guy in house. I'm saying that despite the fact that he's the GM, I don't believe Reese is sitting there going "one more year and he's gone". IMO the Giants have said, if he can do it once (11-5), he can do it again and let's tweak the coaching staff, which was the easiest thing to do. I firmly believe that they want him to succeed, they like Coughlin, have always liked him and they don't want to look silly. Reese is on board with that as far as I'm concerned, Reese was on board when they hired him.

Fact is, if he does a slighty better job coaching and the players play to their potential (mainly Eli), this team should be 10-6/11-5 at least. The talent is there.

By the way, I think Reese has done fine job this off season, not great but a decent job. None of these guys we missed out were worth the money they got, and signing a starting linebacker for virtually nothing and getting a backup running back for a scrub wideout were pretty good moves. Plus the O'hara deal will pay off.

well ownership had it's opportunity to fire the coach and give reese a fresh start with his own brand new coach. they didn't do that which basically means that reese doesn't have a say in who was coaching the giants THIS year, as evidenced by the fact that coughlin was retained before reese was hired.

i don't think that reese hates coughlin, but i dont think he has a ton of faith in him either. obviously he wants things with coughlin to work cuz it's his ass that's out there as well, but that doesn't mean that in the back of his mind he isn't thinking that coughlin is not the best fit for the job. i agree that these free agents are not worth what they're being paid but at the same time i think we're giong to begin the season WAY under the cap and that that money will be spent next year when, hopefully, we have a new competant coach

No offense Midas, but I think your opinions of Coughlin will fail to see anything but one side of the coin because you hate him so much and thats not a bad thing, but this is really a silly topic. Everyone knows he is not media savvy or smart with the media for that matter. As far as I am concerned he has to coach his ass off this year and prove himself to his naysayers. My guess is there are people that will never like him and thats ok. I agree he has to be less tempermental, but in reality who cares what he says in March. Go coach and prove yourself and shut the fuck up is my answer to him. In fact my answer to the entire Giants organization outside Reese and ownership is to shut the fuck up and play.

like i said, i dont care about the hitler reference. i care that he's that freaking sensitive. this is supposed to be a tough guy correct? i dont see how toughness is going to resonate down to the rest of the team if he's whining about media criticism--which by the way could've been much worse in this town. yes, i dont like him, and his childish attitude is one of the reasons why

sports are a funny thing, his defense gets 2 stops this year one each in the Titans and Eagle game at home and he has 10 wins and the media would be all over his "21 wins in 2 years". Nonetheless I think it shows that ANYONE is senistive to constant beatings. My guess is ifhe were a media friendly guy that people would focus on the positives more than the negatives. What I love is when a writer(like sniveling Gary Myers)talks about how the Giants and the media/fans overestimated the teams talent level, then dismiss 2 straight years of playoffs.

I do not particularly like him either, but if he wins I could care less. I do think he is a decent coach when he has people that buy into his act. What remains to be seen is if his act can continue.