SportsWrath

HITLER AND TOM!!

boohyah

well this story kind of touched on a nerve with me because his biggest disappointment to me is that he hasn't been this tough disciplinarian type that he was advertised to be when we hired him. that quality alone is why i was totally fine with hiring him, but the discipline is obviously not there and now he's just showing himself to be very thin-skinned. kind of like a-rod to be honest with you. look at mangini, the ny press was all over him last training camp cuz he didn't show his hand and wasn't very accessible to the press but he stuck to his guns and didn't get upset over the criticism. the biggest reason why the jets improved was because mangini's attitude and personality resonated down to the rest of the team because he's a consistent guy.

i do think coughlin can win with this team, but im worried the team wont respond to him and i felt a fresh face would work well with this group. i hope he proves me wrong because i didn't like losing faith in my team for a whole half a season and i hope it doesn't happen again

sports are a funny thing, his defense gets 2 stops this year one each in the Titans and Eagle game at home and he has 10 wins and the media would be all over his "21 wins in 2 years". Nonetheless I think it shows that ANYONE is senistive to constant beatings. My guess is ifhe were a media friendly guy that people would focus on the positives more than the negatives. What I love is when a writer(like sniveling Gary Myers)talks about how the Giants and the media/fans overestimated the teams talent level, then dismiss 2 straight years of playoffs.

I do not particularly like him either, but if he wins I could care less. I do think he is a decent coach when he has people that buy into his act. What remains to be seen is if his act can continue.

He is a good coach, that has been proven. however, he is not an elite coach, and will more than likely never be. my problem with coughlin is that i don't see him ever taking us deep into the playoffs. the giants had the chance to fire him, but they didn't. i think it was a smart move, as i didn't really see any candidates who were a must get and would have dramatically improved this team. i'd rather wait til next year and make a real effort to bring cowher here. i don't know if he wants to deal with all the publicity, but in my mind, he is the perfect fit for this franchise. he is defensive minded, and likes to run the football. that's what we need to get back to. i feel like i'm beating a dead horse, but until we resort to that style of play, i can't see this team going anywhere.