SportsWrath

goodbye tom

Herc

If you think how a defense is defined is by the way they play in the first quarter and their overall 3rd down conversions I suggest you take a history lesson in what constitutes a good defensive performance. The teams offense gave the team a chance, you cannot under ANY circumstances let the ball be pounded down your throat with 5 minutes to go in a tie game. Just as they did at 22-21 at home 3 weeks ago, they let Westbrook get 12 yards on first down. Good defense just do not do that.

dude i gave up on calling this a "good defense" a while ago. Once strahan went down, we were in trouble. We've lost too much. Lavar could have been a key guy to have too. Emmons is an old piece of crap. It was nice to see Blackburn finally get in there. But they played good enough to win this game. Will Demps just likes ot hit people, he's not a smart player. We're not a "good defense."

Our offense is supposed to be elite. We cant get the ball at the 50 three times and not score once.

Jeff's a good choice...silk purse out of sow's ear is one way to describe what he does with his teams.

Yeah when he sat Volek, I thought he'd lost his mind. But damn if they didn't fuck a lot of good teams.

Another reason Tom needs to go IMO is some of the shit Tom pulled with the offensive line the last 2 weeks, aka Bob Whitfield not playing.

Now you can say what you want, Whitfield may look like he can see both sides of the road at the same time and has the brain of a child, but he's played 15 years and although he made some bonehead plays, that was his natural position and he was brought in as a reserve just to do that. It would seem that Whitfield was punished these last 2 weeks and Tom's way of doing this was to once again move David Diehl out to that side. And Seubert takes Diehl's slot. And look what happens today, Diehl's getting false start penalties and furthermore, the idea of having Seubert coming in as a special blocker is gone. Like it or not, Whitfield should have been playing and let Diehl play his normal position. Tinkering with the offensive line this late in the season is a bad thing to pull.

The way we started, you could say we under acheived by a lot. But, with the injuries, the lack of a difference maker at QB, the terrible secondary, and unimaginative play calling, I think 8-8 is pretty much all we could hope for. As I said before, we didn't beat anyone besides Dallas and the Eagles (both prior to injuries) who ended up with a better record than us.

Now, I think Coughlin's field presence sucks and I don't think anyone talks to him during the games but I agree with x, unless we are assured of someone better, i'm not in favor of change for the sake of change.

Another reason Tom needs to go IMO is some of the shit Tom pulled with the offensive line the last 2 weeks, aka Bob Whitfield not playing.

Now you can say what you want, Whitfield may look like he can see both sides of the road at the same time and has the brain of a child, but he's played 15 years and although he made some bonehead plays, that was his natural position and he was brought in as a reserve just to do that. It would seem that Whitfield was punished these last 2 weeks and Tom's way of doing this was to once again move David Diehl out to that side. And Seubert takes Diehl's slot. And look what happens today, Diehl's getting false start penalties and furthermore, the idea of having Seubert coming in as a special blocker is gone. Like it or not, Whitfield should have been playing and let Diehl play his normal position. Tinkering with the offensive line this late in the season is a bad thing to pull.

Thank you. I've been saying that since WAS game. It worked for us then, but it was still a dumb move.

Like it or not, Whitfield was the best option at LT.

Boneheads :brooding: