SportsWrath

goodbye tom

Herc

that has nothing to do with the ownership structure of this team

I remember reading somewhere that the Mara family owns 51% of the New York Giants and that they did it that way to retain control over the franchise. Let's be honest how often have you seen or heard from the Tisch family?

I would love to see Tom get the hook but if you are a true Giants fan, you know how the organization thinks.

yes, they think about their last home game, and what happened? seats empty and people chanting for coughlin to get fired and a huge blowout.

remember reading somewhere that the Mara family owns 51% of the New York Giants and that they did it that way to retain control over the franchise. Let's be honest how often have you seen or heard from the Tisch family?

I believe the Tisch family owns 50 percent of the team, in 1990 Mr. Bob Tisch bought a

controlling intrest in th team. AA, you`d know more about that though.

I remember reading somewhere that the Mara family owns 51% of the New York Giants and that they did it that way to retain control over the franchise. Let's be honest how often have you seen or heard from the Tisch family?

I heard on WFAN that the Mara's handle the football aspect of the franchise, while the Tisches have more to do with the business side... or something.

John K. Mara, Esq., President and Chief Executive Officer

John K. Mara, the Giants’ President and Chief Executive Officer, is in his fifteenth season with the franchise. In his present position, Mara, who joined the Giants in 1991, is responsible for all administrative, legal and financial aspects of the organization.

Mara also serves on the influential NFL Competition Committee, which studies all aspects of the game and recommends rules and policy changes to NFL clubs, as well as the league’s Employee Benefits Committee.

(Bio from GMB)

I listened to the post game on WFAN and have come to the conclusion, someone is lying. Either the media(who has hated Tom since day 1) or the players. The things that were being said were things like this from SHockey "all the negativity focusd on this team by the media has drawn us closer", or this little nugget by Plaxico, "its not my place to say who coaches the team, all I know is we let this coach down and I want the chance to redeem myself on that". I was SHOCKED! Where is this stuff coming from? Are the supposed malcontents that big of liars that they tell the same media that they give their annonymous quotes to these supportive quotes, with a straight face nonetheless?

This idea that he lost this team is assinine. This is not the 2003 Giants, who on a Sunday night in New Orleans late in the year showed the world that a night on Bourbon Street was more important than what was a meaningless football game for a lame duck coach. They played hard today and played hard all year. Aside from that NO game where it looked like they gave up, when in actuality it appears NO did to them what they have been doing of late, beating up on teams(see Cowboys).

IF TC gets fired I have to know that there is a better, more accomplished coach. I do not want a coordinator from somewhere else(Morningweg, Whisenhunt, Cameron you can keep em) and I am not sure that the guys any of us want, Weis, Belichick, Parcells, Cowher are availabe or even want the job.

f Tc stays what I think needs to be done is a better support system. He needs an established DC, preferably one with HC experience. You can see how Morningwegs experience has helped the Eagles, guy sucks ass as a HC, but his experience helps assist his very accomplished HC.

Me too.

This weekend wasn't a total loss. The Cowboys lost in the best way imaginable and the Jets got beat down.

Why do you care about the Jets? They have no bearing on what we do and in reality probably ovrachieved when they reached win #7.

Me too.

This weekend wasn't a total loss. The Cowboys lost in the best way imaginable and the Jets got beat down.

Yeah, it defintely wasn't. Giants played hard, Eli was much better than his first postseason game. Cowboys were totally heartbroken. Not bad.

I was wrong!

In February, 1991, less than a month after winning their second Super Bowl, it was announced that after 66 years of ownership by the Mara family, a 50% interest in the club had been sold to Preston Robert Tisch by Tim Mara. A native of New York City and a lifelong Giants fan, Tisch is one of the country's most successful businessmen.

John K. Mara, Esq., President and Chief Executive Officer

John K. Mara, the Giants’ President and Chief Executive Officer, is in his fifteenth season with the franchise. In his present position, Mara, who joined the Giants in 1991, is responsible for all administrative, legal and financial aspects of the organization.

Mara also serves on the influential NFL Competition Committee, which studies all aspects of the game and recommends rules and policy changes to NFL clubs, as well as the league’s Employee Benefits Committee.

(Bio from GMB)

lol OWNERSHIP structure, not management structure. spend less time taking passive aggressive digs about how true a fan i am and more time reading the dictionary

Why do you care about the Jets? They have no bearing on what we do and in reality probably ovrachieved when they reached win #7.

Because I'm a big time Jet hater.

If you don't know why, then let me introduce you to my cousin, uncle, and grandfather.

I listened to the post game on WFAN and have come to the conclusion, someone is lying. Either the media(who has hated Tom since day 1) or the players. The things that were being said were things like this from SHockey "all the negativity focusd on this team by the media has drawn us closer", or this little nugget by Plaxico, "its not my place to say who coaches the team, all I know is we let this coach down and I want the chance to redeem myself on that". I was SHOCKED! Where is this stuff coming from? Are the supposed malcontents that big of liars that they tell the same media that they give their annonymous quotes to these supportive quotes, with a straight face nonetheless?

This idea that he lost this team is assinine. This is not the 2003 Giants, who on a Sunday night in New Orleans late in the year showed the world that a night on Bourbon Street was more important than what was a meaningless football game for a lame duck coach. They played hard today and played hard all year. Aside from that NO game where it looked like they gave up, when in actuality it appears NO did to them what they have been doing of late, beating up on teams(see Cowboys).

IF TC gets fired I have to know that there is a better, more accomplished coach. I do not want a coordinator from somewhere else(Morningweg, Whisenhunt, Cameron you can keep em) and I am not sure that the guys any of us want, Weis, Belichick, Parcells, Cowher are availabe or even want the job.

f Tc stays what I think needs to be done is a better support system. He needs an established DC, preferably one with HC experience. You can see how Morningwegs experience has helped the Eagles, guy sucks ass as a HC, but his experience helps assist his very accomplished HC.

Excellent post X.... But TC has lost the majority of this team.

the giants did everything they could to quit on their coach and get him fired. the proof is in the pudding, just watch the 2nd half of this season. we were a delhomme injury and a tiki barber send off game away from going 0-8 to end the season. so they unintentionally back into the playoffs and yeah, they played hard cuz it's the playoffs--doesn't change the way they played the 2nd half though

I don't think it's that Coughlin has lost the team, I think it's just that he's poorly coached.

If bringing Coughlin back meant us getting Cowher in 08, then I'll happily do that. But we just don't know at this point.