SportsWrath

goodbye tom

Herc

Kevin Gilbride is a former HC, so that theory doesn't always work, and no I wouldn't give him a year with his own playbook, he's not been a good coach in general.

Gilbride had tremndous success as a OC with the Oilers, Jags teams of 96 and 97 and the Bills teams with Bledsoe, he was an awful HC. Like morningweg with the Eagles, sometimes the best OC and Dc are lousy HC's, see Norv Turner, Dom Capers, Mike Mularkey, Dick Lebeau, etc. but when they go back to their coordinator roles they are better.

what happened to screens to tiki or jacobs?

what happened to jacobs in goal line situations?

what happened to going no huddle?

what happened to the jump ball for plax in the end zone?

what happened to passing on first down to give eli a chance?

Oh wait i forgot, we have to run tiki off tackle every first down.

Everything that worked for us we forgot to use these past few weeks.

We became way too predictable.

Outcoached, once again.

You lost me kid who exactly is coughlins, er....umm... head coach? :LMAO:

Look back to 2003. That defined losing a team. Losing 27-7 to the Vickless Falcons, getting our asses kicked against the Saints on national t.v., losing to Tim Hasselbeck's Redskins at home.

Coughlin didn't lose us. He just doesn't know how to coach us.

You know whats funny, if Tim Lewis' defense could have made a stop when Philly got the ball with 5 and change left and we got the ball back and went down and scored a FG no one would say a word.

This team stopped NO ONE all year in a big spot, not in the home games vs the Eagles and Boys, not today, not all year. No matter what happens with the HC, I want this defense fixed and I want a Giants team like I grew up watching, one where if you give them a lead, or are tied in the 4th quarter the other team will not complete every 3rd down and march down the field time and time again.

Look back to 2003. That defined losing a team. Losing 27-7 to the Vickless Falcons, getting our asses kicked against the Saints on national t.v., losing to Tim Hasselbeck's Redskins at home.

Coughlin didn't lose us. He just doesn't know how to coach us.

this is what you said

I don't think it's that Coughlin has lost the team, I think it's just that he's poorly coached.

so who is coughlins coach again?

i dont want a bad coach either, but as mangini and peyton have proven this season the hot coordinator isn't always a bad idea. i, too would feel much better with an established successful head coach buti'd rather give a cam cameron a shot than give coughlin another season.

back to coughlin, this game epitomized his tenure. ridiculous penalties and a bunch of players on the IR and not playing--the two problems he addressed and vowed to fix at his hiring press conference

I nor anyone else for that matter knows a thing about Cam Cameron other than he knows how to utilize Ladanian Tomlinson. I have no idea how he would handle the pressure and media bubble of NY, I have no idea how he would hadle the egos of players, nothing. He very well could be the next frigging Shula, who the hell knows. All I know is that with this team and the talent, the egos that go with that talent and the media all around it the next HC better be well equipped for that, because unlike other spots that plays a huge role in it all.

I just think the way that this team is constructed a veteran, established HC would be better suited than an up and comer.

You know whats funny, if Tim Lewis' defense could have made a stop when Philly got the ball with 5 and change left and we got the ball back and went down and scored a FG no one would say a word.

This team stopped NO ONE all year in a big spot, not in the home games vs the Eagles and Boys, not today, not all year. No matter what happens with the HC, I want this defense fixed and I want a Giants team like I grew up watching, one where if you give them a lead, or are tied in the 4th quarter the other team will not complete every 3rd down and march down the field time and time again.

Absolutely. This defense is gutless. It started last year at home against Minny. Played a perfect defensive game, Eli tied up the game, then we gave up a 45 yard drive to Minny out of nowhere and they won.

When we tied up the game against Dallas on the road last year we immediately gave up a GW field goal in overtime.

This defense has always been gutless under Tim Lewis. It's sickening.

i agree that lewis has to go, but he was hired and endorsed by coughlin. hufnagel and lewis are reflections of coughlin

he was choisce#2, Gregg Williams was the guy he wanted, but the SKins paid him 2 million a year to be a DC and put a clause in his contract that he is assistant HC and he cannot take another job until Gibbs leaves and he is not offered to be his replacement.

he was choisce#2, Gregg Williams was the guy he wanted, but the SKins paid him 2 million a year to be a DC and put a clause in his contract that he is assistant HC and he cannot take another job until Gibbs leaves and he is not offered to be his replacement.

He's not doing any better then Lewis down there anyway. They forced 11 turnovers this year right?

yes i know, but that doesn't change the fact that coughlin had enough faith in this guy to hire him. same goes for hufnagel.

as for your earlier post, i pretty much agree that an established HC is a better fit for our team, but a lot of the stuff you said in the beginning could've been said about mangini and peyton this time last season

He's not doing any better then Lewis down there anyway. They forced 11 turnovers this year right?

his defense was ravaged by injuries and poor personnel choices(archuleta), Williams is a spendid DC, but like many great DC and OC was an awful HC.

what happened to screens to tiki or jacobs?

what happened to jacobs in goal line situations?

what happened to going no huddle?

what happened to the jump ball for plax in the end zone?

what happened to passing on first down to give eli a chance?

Oh wait i forgot, we have to run tiki off tackle every first down.

Everything that worked for us we forgot to use these past few weeks.

We became way too predictable.

Outcoached, once again.

Here it was our D who fucked up. They couldn't stop the Eagles on that last drive and that did it.

yes i know, but that doesn't change the fact that coughlin had enough faith in this guy to hire him. same goes for hufnagel.

as for your earlier post, i pretty much agree that an established HC is a better fit for our team, but a lot of the stuff you said in the beginning could've been said about mangini and peyton this time last season

know what Hufnagel had on his resume, he was the QB coach of Payton Manning and Tom Brady, Tom should have said "hmm you were lucky enough to work for Tom Moore and Charlie Weis"

not really though on payton, he was taking over a team with a new QB, a new RB and a team that went 3-13 the personnel turnover was termendous, as for Mangini, he did inherit a team that when healthy 2 years ago was in the playoffs, he reshaped the o line and and changed the defensive format. I give Mangini all the credit in the world, but my gut tells me that even herm Edwards wins 9-10 games with that schedule they had.

I think I try and make a play for the big boys, there is that Belichick rumor and I feel where there is smoke there is fire. If we cannot get one of the big guys, I guess we have to explore the DC oC thing. Bobby Petrino is taking the Falcons job so there is a college candidiate gone.

you guys can keep talking smack about the defense, but I thought they played fine today. Yeah they couldn't stop the run at the end, but the Eagles were 4/13 on 3rd down conversions. They were making the big stops when needed. I dont think they gave up a first down in the 1st quarter. The offense got the ball back at midfield 3 times during the beginning of the game and got nothing out of it. They played better than I expected. They kept us in that game. They could have folded when it was 17-10 and didn't.

What really killed me was the offensive play calling (escpecially in the red zone) and also the special teams play. I know we dont have anybody else, but Moss running back kicks is just awful. You could see it a few weeks ago. I dont see why jacobs couldn't do it. THEN I REMEMBERED HOW WE HAD WILLIE PONDER BUT COUGHLIN BENCHED HIM BECAUSE HE FUMBLED THE BALL ONCE. WHO CARES THAT HE WAS LEADING THE LEAGUE IN RETURN AVERAGE? WHICH IS ANOTHER REASON WHY I HATE COUGHLIN. SINCE THEN WE HAVENT HAD A GOOD KICK RETURNER.

COUGHLIN DOESN'T HAVE A FEEL FOR THE GAME OR HIS PLAYERS. HE'S CLUELESS.

GOODBYE TOM, YOU'RE AN ASS HOLE. A BIG FUCKING ASS HOLE.

know what Hufnagel had on his resume, he was the QB coach of Payton Manning and Tom Brady, Tom should have said "hmm you were lucky enough to work for Tom Moore and Charlie Weis"

not really though on payton, he was taking over a team with a new QB, a new RB and a team that went 3-13 the personnel turnover was termendous, as for Mangini, he did inherit a team that when healthy 2 years ago was in the playoffs, he reshaped the o line and and changed the defensive format. I give Mangini all the credit in the world, but my gut tells me that even herm Edwards wins 9-10 games with that schedule they had.

I think I try and make a play for the big boys, there is that Belichick rumor and I feel where there is smoke there is fire. If we cannot get one of the big guys, I guess we have to explore the DC oC thing. Bobby Petrino is taking the Falcons job so there is a college candidiate gone.

Jets had a ridiculosuly easy schedule but Mangini did a hell of a job with that team. No question.

you guys can keep talking smack about the defense, but I thought they played fine today. Yeah they couldn't stop the run at the end, but the Eagles were 4/13 on 3rd down conversions. They were making the big stops when needed. I dont think they gave up a first down in the 1st quarter. The offense got the ball back at midfield 3 times during the beginning of the game and got nothing out of it. They played better than I expected. They kept us in that game. They could have folded when it was 17-10 and didn't.

What really killed me was the offensive play calling (escpecially in the red zone) and also the special teams play. I know we dont have anybody else, but Moss running back kicks is just awful. You could see it a few weeks ago. I dont see why jacobs couldn't do it. THEN I REMEMBERED HOW WE HAD WILLIE PONDER BUT COUGHLIN BENCHED HIM BECAUSE HE FUMBLED THE BALL ONCE. WHO CARES THAT HE WAS LEADING THE LEAGUE IN RETURN AVERAGE? WHICH IS ANOTHER REASON WHY I HATE COUGHLIN. SINCE THEN WE HAVENT HAD A GOOD KICK RETURNER.

COUGHLIN DOESN'T HAVE A FEEL FOR THE GAME OR HIS PLAYERS. HE'S CLUELESS.

GOODBYE TOM, YOU'RE AN ASS HOLE. A BIG FUCKING ASS HOLE.

If you think how a defense is defined is by the way they play in the first quarter and their overall 3rd down conversions I suggest you take a history lesson in what constitutes a good defensive performance. The teams offense gave the team a chance, you cannot under ANY circumstances let the ball be pounded down your throat with 5 minutes to go in a tie game. Just as they did at 22-21 at home 3 weeks ago, they let Westbrook get 12 yards on first down. Good defense just do not do that.