SportsWrath

On the bright side

mickeef2

Talk is that his job is safe, but they've gotta have serious concerns with the season ending like this. I don't see us playing any better next week, either.

Why should his job be safe? Never in my life have I seen a coaching staff directly responsible for so many losses. He and his entire regime need to go.

Or he could be asked to get new assistants...which imo is a more likely scenario.

Him and his entire coaching staff needs to go. We also need to get rid of fools like Whitfield...who is a walking personal foul. I hope that fat slob finds himself in jail after he retires.

Or he could be asked to get new assistants...which imo is a more likely scenario.

The players don't respond to him. No one likes to be treated like a child and he does that with his players. Fuck him.. that drill seargent mentality doesn't work here.

The players don't respond to him. No one likes to be treated like a child and he does that with his players. Fuck him.. that drill seargent mentality doesn't work here.

And it is a fake drill sergeant attitude at that. Because a real drill sergeant would have used the boot early on in the season even when they were winning. If he keeps his job...then all of us should be given life time employment at our current jobs no matter how we perform.

And it is a fake drill sergeant attitude at that. Because a real drill sergeant would have used the boot early on in the season even when they were winning. If he keeps his job...then all of us should be given life time employment at our current jobs no matter how we perform.

I would loathe that.

No doubt the coaching staff has been spotty, but at some point we have to admit that maybe this team is just not that good. They lack a leader on the offensive side of the ball and defensively they stop no one.

Every team has weaknesses. This team looked good on paper and looked good the first half of the season. We have the talent but we don't have the coaches who put together a solid game plan on both sides of the ball.

Never have what we need to do to right this ship been so clear... New coaches, unload deadbeats like Plax (Trade him for Randy Moss), unload Emmons, execute whitfield. Get players with DIGNITY.

Every team has weaknesses. This team looked good on paper and looked good the first half of the season. We have the talent but we don't have the coaches who put together a solid game plan on both sides of the ball.

Never have what we need to do to right this ship been so clear... New coaches, unload deadbeats like Plax (Trade him for Randy Moss), unload Emmons, execute whitfield. Get players with DIGNITY.

Line Whitless up against a wall...and if he asks for a cigarette tell him to go fuck himself.

Here we go "Coach Cheerleader: that one really hurts.....obviously I thought we would do better". Wow how insightful you are Coach Cheerleader. Shit now I know how Jets fans felt under Kotite. The amount of sheer stupidity is just beyond all belief.

Not true at all. Everyone needs some form of discipline in their lives...Its human nature. But when you take the disciplinian role, you have to know what you're doing. If you don't, then you're nothing more than whinning bitch. And that's what TC is, a little bitch.

DId anyone notice Tiki look at the sidelines when a play early in the game was sent into the huddle and say "what are we doing?" and then they ran a useless run into the line?

Coughlin is done

Yes I saw it, and it's a damn shame, there should have been a timeout called, and Eli & tiki should have gone to the sidelines and said, look you crazy bastard that want work, it has not worked all game we are going to try something different like it or not.

anyone who wnats to win next week and is still hoping for the playoffs isn't thinking long term. if coughlin gets an extension we're goignto end up regretting the carolina win.

I don't regret any win, but like you said in the long term, if we go 8-8 the Giants may go assistant hunting and Coughlin gets his last year. And that's our worst scenario right now.

Midas, i think now is a good time for a Fassel/Coughlin debate. :P

The day that I stop rooting for the Giants no matter what the circumstances are is the day that I am no longer a fan. I cannot think about down the road now, when no matter what there is a chance now. We could bring in a person(lets say Weis) that everyone agrees is a better HC in 2007 and have high expectations based on the percieved talent level(which is just that percieved) and our QB could blow out his knee in training camp and we go on to a 6-10 season. I just cannot think about what will be. I was at the Panthers/Giant game in DEC 03, Fassel was on his way out and I still rooted for the Giants. I am sorry I cannot root against them.

With that being said, do I think we deserve a playoff spot? No of course not. Do I want at least a 17th game of the season to take us into January? Yeah why the hell not.

I will be much happier on January 7th 8th watching a playoff game then I will be debating if and when the organization fires the head coach. Call me crazy I simply like my team.

The day that I stop rooting for the Giants no matter what the circumstances are is the day that I am no longer a fan. I cannot think about down the road now, when no matter what there is a chance now. We could bring in a person(lets say Weis) that everyone agrees is a better HC in 2007 and have high expectations based on the percieved talent level(which is just that percieved) and our QB could blow out his knee in training camp and we go on to a 6-10 season. I just cannot think about what will be. I was at the Panthers/Giant game in DEC 03, Fassel was on his way out and I still rooted for the Giants. I am sorry I cannot root against them.

With that being said, do I think we deserve a playoff spot? No of course not. Do I want at least a 17th game of the season to take us into January? Yeah why the hell not.

I will be much happier on January 7th 8th watching a playoff game then I will be debating if and when the organization fires the head coach. Call me crazy I simply like my team.

I agree. I hate for the season to be over, eventhough it's been a disaster.

I don’t know about firing Coughlin. We might get another Fassel, and that would really suck. We could use another defensive scheme, though, and better utilization of our bench. (Where the hell are Dockery and Blackburn? These kids looked promising, yet are rarely seen on the field.)

No, I’m not blaming that loss on the D. If the offense would carry themselves just a little bit, we’d win some of these games.

Not true at all. Everyone needs some form of discipline in their lives...Its human nature. But when you take the disciplinian role, you have to know what you're doing. If you don't, then you're nothing more than whinning bitch. And that's what TC is, a little bitch.

On the contrary. The difference between a professional and an amature is that professionals have discipline. You're supposed to do what you're paid to do without the need for a boot up your ass. In basica training, DS had to yell and scream to get their points across. As a soldier, you're supposed to know what to do even when no one is watching.

The problem is we have a coach who doesn't know how to treat his players and some players who lack character.

I don’t know about firing Coughlin. We might get another Fassel, and that would really suck. We could use another defensive scheme, though, and better utilization of our bench. (Where the hell are Dockery and Blackburn? These kids looked promising, yet are rarely seen on the field.)

No, I’m not blaming that loss on the D. If the offense would carry themselves just a little bit, we’d win some of these games.

Looking back, Fassel is a better coach than Coughlin ever was. Fassel didn't have half the talent we have on this team. I think Midas summed up all the drafts/FAs given to Fassel vs those given to TC. Day and night.

I'll take my chances with Charli Weis. At least we know TC sucks.