SportsWrath

On the bright side

mickeef2

Looking back, Fassel is a better coach than Coughlin ever was. Fassel didn't have half the talent we have on this team. I think Midas summed up all the drafts/FAs given to Fassel vs those given to TC. Day and night.

I'll take my chances with Charli Weis. At least we know TC sucks.

I wouldn't say he was a better coach, they are obviously very different-minded coaches in their approach to the game.

But TC clearly has to go. He has lost the teams confidence in his ability to get them prepared for a game, has lost the fans respect for him as the coach, and most importantly his number one attribute that he was supposed to deliver, dicipline, has been a total no-show. Whitfield headbutts a player twice in three games and he isn't yanked off the field? Yeah that is dicipline right there.

I don’t know about firing Coughlin. We might get another Fassel, and that would really suck. We could use another defensive scheme, though, and better utilization of our bench. (Where the hell are Dockery and Blackburn? These kids looked promising, yet are rarely seen on the field.)

No, I’m not blaming that loss on the D. If the offense would carry themselves just a little bit, we’d win some of these games.

yeah, going to the superbowl and to the playoffs every other year would really suck. it's way worse than having a team that's supposed to go to the superbowl go 7-9 and break their own penalty record year after year

coughlin vs fassel isn't a debate at this point.

and i dont root against this team either, but when it's the 4th quarter and im sitting there watching a blowout i know that coughlin being that much closer to being fired is a nice silver lining

Uh oh, here we go again with the revisionist history on Jim Fassel. Don't let Coughlin's ineptitude cloud your memory of Fassel's ineptitude, folks. Fassel was a shlub who got lucky one year. Red Miller made it to a Super Bowl, too (he also got embarrassed). That in itself didn't make him any better than, say, Marty Schottenheimer.

hilarious. making the playoffs every other year in today's NFL is suddenly not good enough. this argument is so ridiculous at this point that i can't even do it one more time. by all means, continue to prefer ineptitude and underperformance with superbowl caliber rosters

hilarious. making the playoffs every other year in today's NFL is suddenly not good enough. this argument is so ridiculous at this point that i can't even do it one more time. by all means, continue to prefer ineptitude and underperformance with superbowl caliber rosters

At this point, I agree with you on Coughlin.

But that doesn't elevate Fassel to a paragon of consistency, either. And if these players are breaking records in penalties, they're breaking the records they set under Fassel.

We're arguing what flavor of mediocrity tastes better.

At this point, I agree with you on Coughlin.

But that doesn't elevate Fassel to a paragon of consistency, either. And if these players are breaking records in penalties, they're breaking the records they set under Fassel.

We're arguing what flavor of mediocrity tastes better.

yes we are. i never said otherwise. fassel > coughlin. not "fassel is awesome" or "fassel is a great coach" just "coughlin > fassel" it's the argument i've been making all along around here.

On the contrary. The difference between a professional and an amature is that professionals have discipline. You're supposed to do what you're paid to do without the need for a boot up your ass. In basica training, DS had to yell and scream to get their points across. As a soldier, you're supposed to know what to do even when no one is watching.

The problem is we have a coach who doesn't know how to treat his players and some players who lack character.

:confused:

Which is what I'm saying...In a perfect world, every person who is labeled as a 'professional' would show discipline in every aspect of their work. This is not the case here...Here's TC, who has taken the role as the disciplinarian, has shown on several occasions that he is not a leader and he himself is unprepare for game.

Coughlin and his goons are the following :-

Fucking idiots who claim to be disciplinarians and consistently make this team more undisciplined week after week. DrZ when he described the Giants in his previous Power Rankings amused me more than it should have saddened me because he was a 100% correct.

Bloody morons who are devoid of any shred of intelligence, natural or artificial, who do not know what the word 'adjustment' means, would not know an effective game plan if it was wrapped around a dildo and hit them in the face, and are absolutely clueless about studying the opponent and playing to our strengths.

Tiki running under 15 times in a game, in multiple games? That warrants execution. They should be slowly tortured to death.

They have no idea on talent development. Or players confidence. What Coughlin can do very very effectively is have a massive fucking dog-house and put in all the people he wants in there thereby depriving this team of much needed talent. Willie Ponder being release because the fucktard Coughlin was a pussy-bitch and whined about having a problem with him is apt example to how big an idiot Coughlin is.

Coughlin, Hufnagel and Lewis have reached unfathomed levels of stupidity. Their idiocy and stubborness is so magnificently large that I am unable to describe it in words that suit it.

My want: Their execution. Soon. I dont care if we win next week and we go in, these cocksucking bastards need to be shot. Fucking asswipes.

I hope they read this board.

Do not leave out Gilbride AKA "GilFuck"....not that Opie Cookie Puss is the Second Coming or anything but he has shown enough flashes of talent to indicate that he has some of the intangibles of a good QB, but who has definitely regressed under GilFuck's coaching. Remember this is the same cat who could not get one decent game out of Whining Ryan Leaf. Another #1 with high expectations. OCP needs help ....if nothing more than his confidence and GilFuck is not the one to give it.