SportsWrath

Pro Bowl Selections

Virginia Giant

I like when Shockey mouths off. He tells it like it is, but as far as him dominating the NFC TE's, who the hell is there this year? He should be killing them this season, but thanks to Huffnuts he wasnt used for a few games. The last few seasons he didnt exactly deserve to be there either, but hype helps.

Dont like what I say, to bad.

Go ahead homers, unleash hell on me.

Are you calling the people who stick up for Shockey "homers"?. Just curious.

I like when Shockey mouths off. He tells it like it is, but as far as him dominating the NFC TE's, who the hell is there this year? He should be killing them this season, but thanks to Huffnuts he wasnt used for a few games. The last few seasons he didnt exactly deserve to be there either, but hype helps.

Well, for starters, there's Desmond Clark, who has 36 less yards, 1 TD less, and 22 fewer receptions than Jeremy for a whopping 14 yds/rec.

Granted, he's having a career season; but considering he's sharing passes with Muhammed and Berrian, and has Rex Grossman throwing towards him, he really should have gotten the nod. Wrong market, wrong name, no press.

Since Shockey is in the Pro Bowl, he has Pro Bowl numbers, but his season hasn't been that great, and certainly not up to the lofty standard he set last year.

So who's more deserving? And why?

And for the Clarck argument, Shockey's sharing receptions with Plax, a pro bowl caliber WR, and Tiki a pro bowl RB and was sharing them with Amani. Fact is, Shockey is open more than te other TE's. All year people say how he isn't being utilized correctly yet he still manages to be at or among the leaders in every important catagory, and you say he gets in on hype?

Thats just stupid man.

You really want to be pissed....Rivers, Keating, and Merrimen all made the AFC team....now...what link do all of those Pro Bowlers have to the NYG's? Hmmmm

C. Wagon

Doesn't much matter...the Pro Bowl is a joke. They should just call it what it is "The Popularity Bowl". Puzzles me how they select "Pro Bowlers" with two games left in the regular season.

What's really gonna be the pisser is IF the Chargers make it to the Superbowl because of the three players linked to the Manning trade.

So who's more deserving? And why?

And for the Clarck argument, Shockey's sharing receptions with Plax, a pro bowl caliber WR, and Tiki a pro bowl RB and was sharing them with Amani. Fact is, Shockey is open more than te other TE's. All year people say how he isn't being utilized correctly yet he still manages to be at or among the leaders in every important catagory, and you say he gets in on hype?

Thats just stupid man.

How can you possibly know that Shockey gets open more than other TEs?

I'm saying that yds/catch indicates impact a little more than yardage and TDs. TDs can be a stat that skews value--for instance, in 2004 Shockey was stopped how many times on the 1 yd line? Brandon Jacobs has more TDs than Tiki Barber, but due to usage and yds/carry, Tiki has a higher impact.

Yardage alone isn't an indicator because you could get 100 yds rushing on 50 2-yard gains.

Desmond Clark has similar numbers to Shockey in both yardage and TDs. And he did it with 22 less touches. That implies that he has had a higher impact on the game when he has the ball. 14 yards/reception compared to 9.8 yds. That's huge. To me, that would tell me he was more worthy of the pro bowl this season than Shockey. That does not mean Desmond Clark is a better tight end.

Jeez, there's a world of difference between what I'm saying here and "Jeremy Shockey sucks." I just don't think he had a pro bowl worthy season this year, and had a much better year last year.

Doesn't much matter...the Pro Bowl is a joke. They should just call it what it is "The Popularity Bowl". Puzzles me how they select "Pro Bowlers" with two games left in the regular season.

What's really gonna be the pisser is IF the Chargers make it to the Superbowl because of the three players linked to the Manning trade.

I know Randoff....but the three guys we traded for are more popular then the one guy we got in return...and its killing me.

C. Wagon

rivers shouldn't be there over brady, merriman's a cheater and i can live with their kicker being better than ours

I agree Midas, Merriman should not get picked after getting suspended, now whatever pay he lost through suspension, he'll get back in bonus money. Terrible message being sent.

I agree Midas, Merriman should not get picked after getting suspended, now whatever pay he lost through suspension, he'll get back in bonus money. Terrible message being sent.

Agreed. The NFL is a joke when it comes to discipline. If they subscribed to World Doping Organisation rules he would have been out for a year, which is what he deserves. Instead he's beening rewarded. He's potentially still benefitting from the steroids at this stage.

I know Randoff....but the three guys we traded for are more popular then the one guy we got in return...and its killing me.

C. Wagon

Quarterbacks are a hit and miss deal. I for one would never swap more to get a QB. Either trade QB for QB or no deal!

P.S. it's ok...seems like 85% of the fans think Eli is it!!! (future wise). I am part of the 15% that says Eli has 'plateaud' in this Giants Offensive system. 4 years later when he goes to another team a la Green Bay, Tampa Bay or Miami) Eli will shine!

Quarterbacks are a hit and miss deal. I for one would never swap more to get a QB. Either trade QB for QB or no deal!

P.S. it's ok...seems like 85% of the fans think Eli is it!!! (future wise). I am part of the 15% that says Eli has 'plateaud' in this Giants Offensive system. 4 years later when he goes to another team a la Green Bay, Tampa Bay or Miami) Eli will shine!

i agree with you about him not getting any better in this system. that's why we need a new coach with a new system.

i agree with you about him not getting any better in this system. that's why we need a new coach with a new system.

Yea...

IMO I think this is the best of Eli you will see. Streaky QB play, more 'chuck and pray' passes and a 50-52% completion percentage. Sad!

Funny thing is IF the Giants was 9-5 right now and Dallas was 7-7...would Eli be in the pro bowl over Romo-sexual??? :mellow::huh:

I think if you put him into a west coast offense he would prosper...not saying he is Peyton but what type of offense do the Colts run?

Another Tarkington.....I've thought the same thing. How a guy can be the son of Arhie Manning and not have a big arm, good to great wheels, a freelessness bordering on recklessness and (at a minimum) a red ass attitude is beyond me.

Didn't he have some of that in college?

C. Wagon

Another Tarkington.....I've thought the same thing. How a guy can be the son of Arhie Manning and not have a big arm, good to great wheels, a freelessness bordering on recklessness and (at a minimum) a red ass attitude is beyond me.

Didn't he have some of that in college?

C. Wagon

I sure miss Simms. There was a period (an era) where I felt comfortable watching Simms manage the game. A point where I just knew Simms would hardly ever fuck up a game. And when he did, the Giants D was good enough to punish the other team.

Dave Brown

Danny Kanell

Kent Graham

Tommy Maddox

Kerry Collins

Kurt Warner

Eli Manning

THAT right there is too much 'worrying' for me to take.