SportsWrath

Pro Bowl Selections

Virginia Giant

Doesn't much matter...the Pro Bowl is a joke. They should just call it what it is "The Popularity Bowl". Puzzles me how they select "Pro Bowlers" with two games left in the regular season.

What's really gonna be the pisser is IF the Chargers make it to the Superbowl because of the three players linked to the Manning trade.

I think that's what's going to happen, but it will be more because of Tomlinson than anyone else.

Anyway, it really will suck if they win it the year after Roethlisberger won it. Talk about pressure... Eli will have to hear about that for the rest of his career.

I think that's what's going to happen, but it will be more because of Tomlinson than anyone else.

Anyway, it really will suck if they win it the year after Roethlisberger won it. Talk about pressure... Eli will have to hear about that for the rest of his career.

True, true! Tomlinson is the main factor but we cannot overlook the excellent choices made by San Diego thanks to OUR trade. :brooding: :TD:

And I can take the Rothilsberger winning it all last yr because we chose ONE QB over another. QB picks are hit or miss. But to give up more picks AND a QB just for one QB....not cool. Like I said before, you either swap QB for QB...other than that, NO DEAL!

I sure miss Simms. There was a period (an era) where I felt comfortable watching Simms manage the game. A point where I just knew Simms would hardly ever fuck up a game. And when he did, the Giants D was good enough to punish the other team.

Dave Brown

Danny Kanell

Kent Graham

Tommy Maddox

Kerry Collins

Kurt Warner

Eli Manning

THAT right there is too much 'worrying' for me to take.

Me too...plus...he was tough (abit frail early in his career) and lead....nice list there Randoff. ...scary..do you have great memory or is it one of those deals where you remember every detail of a car crash?

Me too...plus...he was tough (abit frail early in his career) and lead....nice list there Randoff. ...scary..do you have great memory or is it one of those deals where you remember every detail of a car crash?

Nah, memory is average BUT as a fan, pain and suffering is easy to remember. Especially when this franchise hasn't had a decent QB since Simms.

There were two moments in Simms' career that stood out to be GREAT (IMO). The time when he and Bill Parcells was arguing during a game over a pass Simms threw. You read Parcells lips 'Why the eff did u throw that?"

Simms: "Get the fuck off my back!!!!".

MNF Giants vs. 49ers. Giants lose 7-3 (That season the Giants did not score a TD vs the 49ers including that famous playoff game). Game was over and Simms and Lott was jawing facemask to facemask. I'm sure Simms was asking Lott what was he gonna do after the game... :P

But with all of the press coverage and all of the cameras in the stadium...not ONCE have you seen Eli, Kerry or Dave Brown show ANY fire! Esp Eli...Eli is too busy tryna be cool. Maybe NYC is too much for him. :confused:

Everyone talks about how Peyton can read a defense....now Mr. Phil Simms could read a defense. After a certain point he even stopped all of that fake audible shit and would just say block the OLB or watch for the safety. I remember one play (was it in their first SuperBowl run?) whatever...he had the WR come in motion (Johnson?) and just stand next to him so that he could chip a blitzing LB or a DL on a stunt. It was brilliant the WR chips the guy and Phil fires a seam pass right down the middle to the TE. Sheer brilliance. I also remember Madden commenting on the same thing " did you just here Simms say "hey block that guy". The most profound thing The Prostitute ever said was how much Giants fans would miss him (Phil not The Prostitute) once he was gone. :cwy:

You know, the more I think about it, I wonder what Tyree has not done this year that he did last year and last year he got in?. I think he's been the same level both years.

The blocked kick on the box scores from last year helped him out.

Or maybe his competition improved.

You know, the more I think about it, I wonder what Tyree has not done this year that he did last year and last year he got in?. I think he's been the same level both years.

I think he had about three games in a row, right around Pro Bowl selection time, where he stopped punts from going in the endzone with some pretty athletic plays. He got a lot of praise from the commentators at the right time.