SportsWrath

Who needs to go?

Sephiroth

Strahan's situation is lot like how Patrick Ewings' used to be. Strahan needs to be the second best guy on the defense (remember Don Nelson: Patrick needs to be the second best guy on this team for us to win a championship..." and they ran him out of town for this accurate assessment). Agree with you that his mouth can cause some real dissension at the wrong times (Tiki is a lot like that too IMO), but I would definitely keep him none the less.

I wouldn't get rid of him either, at this point it would be a shitty thing to do. But it would be nice to give him some aversion therapy towards all things media--like getting tased every time he sees a microphone.

Strahan's situation is lot like how Patrick Ewings' used to be. Strahan needs to be the second best guy on the defense (remember Don Nelson: Patrick needs to be the second best guy on this team for us to win a championship..." and they ran him out of town for this accurate assessment). Agree with you that his mouth can cause some real dissension at the wrong times (Tiki is a lot like that too IMO), but I would definitely keep him none the less.

Don Nelson didn't need to make "accurate assessments". he needed to coach the team and not piss off his best player for no reason. As you can see Don Nelson worked wonders after he left the Knicks including underachieving with a very talented Mavericks team.

Strahan is the best guy on defense, and needs to be, just like Ewing, and everyone needs to step up to the plate with him.

Entire coaching staff

Strahan too much money for a cheerleader, and he's not even a good cheerleader.

Tiki- since he already admitted he felt nothing for big rivalries.

Burress since he's a quitter

Whitfield no brainer

Willie Jo

Madison

Emmons

Bench Webster.

I wouldn't get rid of him either, at this point it would be a shitty thing to do. But it would be nice to give him some aversion therapy towards all things media--like getting tased every time he sees a microphone.
Would it not be better to tase every scumbag media person who asks questions designed to cause trouble in the team and only asks these questions so that they can get a by-line in their article for their paper? Maybe then, they would stop trying to enhance their own reputations by starting trouble. :TU:

Would it not be better to tase every scumbag media person who asks questions designed to cause trouble in the team and only asks these questions so that they can get a by-line in their article for their paper? Maybe then, they would stop trying to enhance their own reputations by starting trouble. :TU:

If Strahan had any sort of self-discipline in this regard, no one would need to be tased. He's a 34 year-old man, he should know by now he doesn't have to answer every question thrown at him.

Oh did you notice that after telling the reporter Sunday that he went to Coughlin and asked to play and was turned down; that on Monday he was saying that the coach "made the right decision?" :doh:

That's the stupidity I'm railing about, not his on-field ability, which is beyond question. If you agree with the decision, why bring the other thing up in the press? How did it help matters, other than give the impression that Strahan wanted to play through the injury, when even he thought it was a dumb idea?

Yeah right, blame the media. They bait all players with the same incindiary questions, but not all players take the bait. Do they?

Yeah right, blame the media. They bait all players with the same incindiary questions, but not all players take the bait. Do they?

True...true, but why give the same boring ass answers when your team is losing 4 in a row? I am so done with the SAME lame ass answers when a player is interviewed.

*Well we just gotta get back to the drawing board and win some games*

*Well all of us are frustrated and we need to review some things...*

*I played poorly and I feel that I need to get better*

*Offensively we weren't sharp...we couldn't establish then run...*

Blah-Blah-blah effin' BLAH!

I like Strahan, he keeps it real. Tiki keeps it real! If you get asked the SAME questions 57 times a week...the WORLD needs to hear the truth. I.E. *we got outcoached* - *Plax quit on that play* - *Playoffs? Are u kidding me...?*

Don Nelson didn't need to make "accurate assessments". he needed to coach the team and not piss off his best player for no reason. As you can see Don Nelson worked wonders after he left the Knicks including underachieving with a very talented Mavericks team.

Strahan is the best guy on defense, and needs to be, just like Ewing, and everyone needs to step up to the plate with him.

What was real funny was that everyone except Ewing in Knicks land agreed with Don Nelson. Ewing's main problem was that he was a ball hog especially in his middle years and would pout if he were not the 1st option on just about every play. He never really lobbied to get a superstar scorer to help him out. And the Knicks management never went all out to get a consistent offensive superstar to play alongside him. Nelson was not being critical of Ewing, rather he was being critical about how the Knicks were set up...just look at the Bulls, Pistons, Lakers, Celtics of the same era...it was more than one guy on each team that was an offensive superstar. Lastly he concentrated far too much on offense and which impacted his defensive game. Ewing was a great player and so is Strahan but that does not mean that they cannot be selfish and/or destructive to team spirit or morale.

What was real funny was that everyone except Ewing in Knicks land agreed with Don Nelson. Ewing's main problem was that he was a ball hog especially in his middle years and would pout if he were not the 1st option on just about every play. He never really lobbied to get a superstar scorer to help him out. And the Knicks management never went all out to get a consistent offensive superstar to play alongside him. Nelson was not being critical of Ewing, rather he was being critical about how the Knicks were set up...just look at the Bulls, Pistons, Lakers, Celtics of the same era...it was more than one guy on each team that was an offensive superstar. Lastly he concentrated far too much on offense and which impacted his defensive game. Ewing was a great player and so is Strahan but that does not mean that they cannot be selfish and/or destructive to team spirit or morale.

No it doesn't, but in the case of Ewing, he was always considered a person who wanted tobe the focus, but face facts here, as much as I loved the late 80's early 90's Knicks, they had John Starks as the other focal point of the offense. If Ewing had Barkley or Pippen or someone like that playing with him, he would have deferred no doubt.

No it doesn't, but in the case of Ewing, he was always considered a person who wanted tobe the focus, but face facts here, as much as I loved the late 80's early 90's Knicks, they had John Starks as the other focal point of the offense. If Ewing had Barkley or Pippen or someone like that playing with him, he would have deferred no doubt.

Not to mention that Alan Houston never turned out to be what he was supposed to be. Patrick deserved better, but we did get robbed when they didn't call that foul when Starks shot that 3 pointer against the Rockets. Patrick should have had one.... grr..

I. Thomas should be shot on site for what he has done to the Knicks....

As should Coughlin this year...

My point is Eli's best days are ahead of him.

Initially I was against it and my reason was simple Ben Roethlisberger. I belive we could have traded down and taken Big Ben plus kept all the picks we gave up. Now I have since become a believer that Eli can become a very fine QB, but I don't know about with the coaches we have. Demps is terrible.

I'm not giving up on Eli. A QB is as good as the guys who protect him and how catch the ball for him. Besides, our problem isn't our offense as much as it's our D ... or lack thereof.

I'm no statistitian but I believe Eli's stats already surpassed any QB we've havd in the past 2 or 3 decades. It's amazing with a few adjustments will do for a man's career. Get him a receiver who will go all out on every play. Get him a QB coach to correct his mechanics and his INTs will go down tremendously.

I'm not giving up on Eli. A QB is as good as the guys who protect him and how catch the ball for him. Besides, our problem isn't our offense as much as it's our D ... or lack thereof.

I'm no statistitian but I believe Eli's stats already surpassed any QB we've havd in the past 2 or 3 decades. It's amazing with a few adjustments will do for a man's career. Get him a receiver who will go all out on every play. Get him a QB coach to correct his mechanics and his INTs will go down tremendously.

Nas, no offense, Eli doesn't need a QB coach, he just needs to outside into the backyard with his family!. I mean Peyton/Eli and Archie run a QB school for crying out loud.

And ease up on the stats thing. Simms wasn't a stat QB, and Eli has a ways to go before he's on Simms level.

Eli doesn't need a QB coach, he just needs to go outside into the backyard with his family!. I mean Peyton/Eli and Archie run a QB school for crying out loud.

Eli has a ways to go before he's on Simms level.

I can never for the life of me see why Eli is such a mechanical mess with a Dad as an ex-QB and a brother who's a star QB. Like you said did anything rub off on Eli when he was in the 'backyard'? Guess not.

Name a QB (besides Eli) who throw(or chucks) balls up and turns his back instead of following thru? Name a number 1 pick (QB) that constantly throws off his back foot? And the game vs. the Eagles, Eli took the cake! A pass to a SIX FOOT Linemans helmet???? :huh::confused:

I am baffled...Eli is a mess and has plateaud in this Giants system (IMO), and that's sad.

Right on Boohyah...they never got the second go to guy.

Not to mention that Alan Houston never turned out to be what he was supposed to be. Patrick deserved better, but we did get robbed when they didn't call that foul when Starks shot that 3 pointer against the Rockets. Patrick should have had one.... grr..

I. Thomas should be shot on site for what he has done to the Knicks....

As should Coughlin this year...

Yeah Starks was going to hit that shot...should have been a foul...and Knicks would have had their modern championship. And we are not crying about Starks going nut and taking impossible shots from all over the place. :furious:

True...true, but why give the same boring ass answers when your team is losing 4 in a row? I am so done with the SAME lame ass answers when a player is interviewed.

*Well we just gotta get back to the drawing board and win some games*

*Well all of us are frustrated and we need to review some things...*

*I played poorly and I feel that I need to get better*

*Offensively we weren't sharp...we couldn't establish then run...*

Blah-Blah-blah effin' BLAH!

I like Strahan, he keeps it real. Tiki keeps it real! If you get asked the SAME questions 57 times a week...the WORLD needs to hear the truth. I.E. *we got outcoached* - *Plax quit on that play* - *Playoffs? Are u kidding me...?*

You do it because problems are fixed from within, not through the media. When did the media ever make a team's problems go away or get better?

You do it because you respect your teammates. You do it because the problems of the team are the teams alone and shouldn't be media fodder. If anyone says 'we got outcoached' or 'someone quit on a play' it should be the coach. That's the ultimate problem with NFL and other pro sports. We pay the players much more than the coaches, so the players feel entitled to open their mouths every time a microphone is stuck in front of it, for good or bad.

Think about it Randoff, it's the media that asks the incindiary questions. And it's the same media that says "oooh did you hear Tiki's comments on the coaches" when they're given incindiary answers.

It's a tool of the media and a trap for a player and the team. It helps no one but the guy who needs a story for the nightly sports news.

You do it because problems are fixed from within, not through the media. When did the media ever make a team's problems go away or get better?

If anyone says 'we got outcoached' or 'someone quit on a play' it should be the coach. That's the ultimate problem with NFL and other pro sports. We pay the players much more than the coaches, so the players feel entitled to open their mouths every time a microphone is stuck in front of it, for good or bad.

Think about it Randoff, it's the media that asks the incindiary questions. And it's the same media that says "oooh did you hear Tiki's comments on the coaches" when they're given incindiary answers.

It's a tool of the media and a trap for a player and the team. It helps no one but the guy who needs a story for the nightly sports news.

I'm not talking about 'fixing problems' thru the media...but I am a fan that knows truth from fiction. I am just glad to hear guys tell it like it really is when asked. It's not to 'fix it' thru media but it's Realness. And as a sport fan and a subscriber to the Directv, ESPN, NFL Network...I (and most of the world) want REAL answers. It's why the MEDIA asks those questions. Plus players are human beings...not robots who are only allowed to give corny one line answers to every question. If TC sucks, why is it wrong for Tiki to say it? Tiki's been on this suck ass Giants team long enough. If Larry Johnson isn't happy...why should he fake it when asked by a media person? Shit, those guys (media) spend more time in the players faces than their loved ones do. If I had a job as a media guy, and I VISIBLY saw that Tiki was upset....I will ask him why....eventually the truth will come out.

Let's be real...we ALL watch Sports news to hear the latest B-S on T.O. (hoping he says something that let's us know that Dallas is doomed for picking him). We all watch the Sporting news to hear what's what in Giants camp....or How the players are dealing with a losing streak...or when is TC gonna get fired...

....we wait to hear 'it' from ALL personell involved, not just a COACH. And when the players and coaches address the media the media reports it and WE LOVE IT!!!!!

I can never for the life of me see why Eli is such a mechanical mess with a Dad as an ex-QB and a brother who's a star QB. Like you said did anything rub off on Eli when he was in the 'backyard'? Guess not.

Name a QB (besides Eli) who throw(or chucks) balls up and turns his back instead of following thru? Name a number 1 pick (QB) that constantly throws off his back foot? And the game vs. the Eagles, Eli took the cake! A pass to a SIX FOOT Linemans helmet???? :huh::confused:

I am baffled...Eli is a mess and has plateaud in this Giants system (IMO), and that's sad.

:LMAO:

That was bad. However, I think that was Eli's only black spot on that game. I know he threw the pick late, but he was nailed. Coughlin says he should have seen the blitz. I say, maybe someone should have picked it up.

I'm not talking about 'fixing problems' thru the media...but I am a fan that knows truth from fiction. I am just glad to hear guys tell it like it really is when asked. It's not to 'fix it' thru media but it's Realness. And as a sport fan and a subscriber to the Directv, ESPN, NFL Network...I (and most of the world) want REAL answers. It's why the MEDIA asks those questions. Plus players are human beings...not robots who are only allowed to give corny one line answers to every question. If TC sucks, why is it wrong for Tiki to say it? Tiki's been on this suck ass Giants team long enough. If Larry Johnson isn't happy...why should he fake it when asked by a media person? Shit, those guys (media) spend more time in the players faces than their loved ones do. If I had a job as a media guy, and I VISIBLY saw that Tiki was upset....I will ask him why....eventually the truth will come out.

Let's be real...we ALL watch Sports news to hear the latest B-S on T.O. (hoping he says something that let's us know that Dallas is doomed for picking him). We all watch the Sporting news to hear what's what in Giants camp....or How the players are dealing with a losing streak...or when is TC gonna get fired...

....we wait to hear 'it' from ALL personell involved, not just a COACH. And when the players and coaches address the media the media reports it and WE LOVE IT!!!!!

You're not talking about helping the team, you're talking about hurting the team. Which is exactly what talking about team problems to the media does.

Hey don't get me wrong, I want TC fired as much as the next guy, but the point is players don't have the right to say such a thing. The media wants them to, because that makes a great story. And as a fan, you may want to hear it, because it's a great story. But the bottom line is it's the coach's team. He has every right to decide what is said to the media.

You're not talking about helping the team, you're talking about hurting the team. Which is exactly what talking about team problems to the media does.

Hey don't get me wrong, I want TC fired as much as the next guy, but the point is players don't have the right to say such a thing. The media wants them to, because that makes a great story. And as a fan, you may want to hear it, because it's a great story. But the bottom line is it's the coach's team. He has every right to decide what is said to the media.

All I'm saying is WE fans want to hear what's on a players mind at times. Deep down we watch all of those NFL shows, read the news and surf the internet for juicy stories comin' out those lockerrooms. You even said it yourself...It makes a GREAT story. You have a point there, it's the coaches team....but the players play.

And I am one to believe IF a player has said something to the media to quote-unquote 'hurt his team' the team was ALREADY hurt. Know what I'm sayin'? I don't fall for that corny line that just because Tiki said "We were outcoached" divided the team instantly. The Giants were ALREADY divided. Case in point; Nobody really said shit in 1999-2001 but the TEAM quit on Fassell and ran him out. So in essence I don't believe that the Giants was this STRONG unit this year BUT two comments by Tiki and Strahan just tore this team apart. The Giants went from a together unit to a torn up franchise (lockerroom wise) when Tiki, Shockey and Stray said what they said??? NO! It was fucked up BEFORE they said shit.

And if Plax wants to keep playing like he's the shit and quitting on plays...Strahan SHOULD bust him out thru the media. It's eveident that it's been going on for 18 games with this Plax. So called 'Private' meetings didn't help Plax BUT he woke the fuck up when Stray busted his lazy ass in a press question/answer session.