SportsWrath

Who needs to go?

Sephiroth

First off the Eli versus Rivers comparisons are tiring. Eli was a better QB in college and had better pedigree, it doesn't matter what pans out, at the time Eli was better and it was smarter to get him. A dumb draft choice is mario Williams over Bush.

Secondly, if we get into the playoffs you can forget Coughlin leaving, the Giants will try the old 'get rid of assistants trick first'. So of the players:

Shiancoe: underachieved since he got here. We were told he had potential, he has no potential, and it's nuts to have a tight end and then use offensive lineman as eligible receivers as much as we do. A veteren tight end should be a priority in the off season.

Carter: Okay, he played better yesterday, but overall he's a major bust. Let the Sinorice Moss era begin now.

derrick Ward: because we need a veteran running back to help jacobs and that back isn't Ward. Again, veteran help is needed in this position, plus perhaps a scatback in the later rounds.

Frank Walker: A total waste of space. We should never have gotten rid of Deloatch for this clown.

Jared Lorenzen: Sorry, if this fat fuck takes the field ever, we'll be a laughing stock even more than we are. there are plenty of decent backups out there next year, hell I'd even take a flyer and see if Kerry would come back.

carlos emmons: Major disappointment overall, too many injuries, need to draft a linebacker early and move Carlos back to Philly. Another position where veteran help wouldn't go amiss.

boohyah, I agree with you on every point here except the one about Jared Lorenzen. I don't understand what prompted you to call him a "fat fuck". I like the kid. His throws looked great and I trust him as a back up.

We're not the laughing stock of the NFL, the Raiders, the Texans, and Redskins, the Lions... and the list goes on and on and on before we get to our team which has had its share of drama. There are a few things we need to do in the offseaon to right this ship but to slander one of our players who's done nothing bad to this point and who's shown great potential is uncalled for.

I stated before that I look at players who wear the Giants blue as family. I personally feel insulted you took that shot at J-Load.

boohyah, I agree with you on every point here except the one about Jared Lorenzen. I don't understand what prompted you to call him a "fat fuck". I like the kid. His throws looked great and I trust him as a back up.

We're not the laughing stock of the NFL, the Raiders, the Texans, and Redskins, the Lions... and the list goes on and on and on before we get to our team which has had its share of drama. There are a few things we need to do in the offseaon to right this ship but to slander one of our players who's done nothing bad to this point and who's shown great potential is uncalled for.

I stated before that I look at players who wear the Giants blue as family. I personally feel insulted you took that shot at J-Load.

Nas, no QB should be 270 -270 lbs unless he's 8 ft tall. I have a copy of the team photo at work and he's friggin huge, but it's too huge.

Sorry if calling him a fat fuck bothers you Nas, maybe a little strong, so you shouldn't go back and read my thoughts on Frank Walker!

Shiancoe: underachieved since he got here. We were told he had potential, he has no potential, and it's nuts to have a tight end and then use offensive lineman as eligible receivers as much as we do. A veteren tight end should be a priority in the off season.

Remember him saying he was as good as Shockey? :mellow:

I want to keep Lorenzen because maybe he does have something in him as a backup. The only thing that may tell us that is his arm strength and his ability to stay up after he gets hit (he does have that ability right? I'm just basing that off his size).

I want to keep Lorenzen because maybe he does have something in him as a backup. The only thing that may tell us that is his arm strength and his ability to stay up after he gets hit (he does have that ability right? I'm just basing that off his size).

He also has his own weather cycles.

Nas, no QB should be 270 -270 lbs unless he's 8 ft tall. I have a copy of the team photo at work and he's friggin huge, but it's too huge.

Sorry if calling him a fat fuck bothers you Nas, maybe a little strong, so you shouldn't go back and read my thoughts on Frank Walker!

270 to 270 huh Boohyah?? :doh:

Secondly, if we get into the playoffs you can forget Coughlin leaving, the Giants will try the old 'get rid of assistants trick first'. So of the players:

Considering the level of play we're at, playoffs aren't exactly something that should be taken for granted. Personally, I don't think we go. In fact, I'd rather we didn't.

Meh, he was drafted as a backup tight end, and that's exactly what we got from him. He's not really a blocking tight end, so I can understand using Seubert the way we have most of the season (actually, that's probably the best thing the OC did all year). I don't care about him either way, and his contract is up anyway.

Carter: Okay, he played better yesterday, but overall he's a major bust. Let the Sinorice Moss era begin now.

Agreed. A complete waste of time that should never have been re-signed.

derrick Ward: because we need a veteran running back to help jacobs and that back isn't Ward. Again, veteran help is needed in this position, plus perhaps a scatback in the later rounds.

Ward is OK, he would be all right to spell Jacobs. Decent kickoff returner, too. Rather keep him and ditch Morton.

Frank Walker: A total waste of space. We should never have gotten rid of Deloatch for this clown.

Deloatch managed to go from starter to cut, so that's not the guy I would have kept. But "Frank Walker, PI" over Charlie Peprah? Come on, now...

Jared Lorenzen: Sorry, if this fat fuck takes the field ever, we'll be a laughing stock even more than we are. there are plenty of decent backups out there next year, hell I'd even take a flyer and see if Kerry would come back.

He did ok in preseason, and never got into a regular game. We do need a real backup though, but I'd rather see Hasselbeck gone. Please, no Kerry.

carlos emmons: Major disappointment overall, too many injuries, need to draft a linebacker early and move Carlos back to Philly. Another position where veteran help wouldn't go amiss.

What a class of freeagents that was: Hand, Emmons, Green, Stokes, Bromell, and Steele. I know Stokes never played a regular season game for us, maybe Steele as well--I know none of the others ever played a 14 week season. All of them wound up on IR in 2004, if I remember correctly. Maybe Emmons didn't, but he was out more than on the field. Money well spent. At least we got Robbins and O'Hara that year.

Emmons should have never made it out of preseason. He isn't terrible on the field, but not as good as he was pre-injury, and he's certainly not on the field enough to justify him staying.

Other players I'd like to see gone after a couple years:

William Joseph: Way too hot and cold. Mostly cold. At least he's on his first contract, so he's not too expensive and is tolerable as a backup. Don't renew.

Reggie Torbor: For the amount of regular season games he's played thanks to Emmons, he still looks lost. He doesn't have it.

Jonas Seawright: Way to live up to the hype!

Lavar Arrington: Sorry, wasn't too keen on this guy to begin with. I didn't understand getting him as a solution to having an injury-depleted linebacking corp. We had to nurse him before the season began and he broke down by mid-season. Pierce should lose bonus money for pushing this guy. The only positive I can think of is that he doesn't cost as much as his name would imply.

Pettigout: Was having a great season this year, but has back problems, and one half-season doesn't really make up for the last two. I'm even cutting him some slack for 2003. Another old-guard attitude problem.

Burress: Lots of talent, but the bullshit:joy ratio is way out of whack. He's just as likely to screw you up as help you on the field.

Coaches: You know, I started this season thinking that Coughlin just needed new assistants. (Defensive ends belong in coverage on passing downs. They'll never expect a pass on 3rd and 2 in the fourth quarter when we're ahead by 21 points.) He's made me look like a moron.

Now for the ones that are going to get people upset.

Strahan: Yes, a HOF'er. A sack master, and one of the best DEs in the league against the run. And he can't shut the fuck up. Even worse, he has a knack for doing all the wrong things at precisely the wrong time to stir up internal strife. Yeah, Mike, point the scoreboard out to Owens, then disappear in the second half. Start that ballin' thing when you guys have a couple of good games, because there's nothing more fun for the fans than to have every team you lose against throw it back in your face. Tell us all about what you're going to say to Plax before you talk to him. Brilliant. One of those guys that were around for both Fassel and Coughlin, and still kept the shitty attitude. If this team has any chance for real team leadership, he needs to go. Retire.

Shockey: His heart is in the right place on the field, but if he were any stupider, he'd have to stop walking to take a breath. I've never seen so many truly boneheaded plays by a pro-bowler. Between the in-game arm waving, the whining about having to stay in to block, the Miami training sessions, and the constant shit-talking about the coach (justified or not), this is the epitome of a "team player?" I know he's not going anywhere. But I understand why fans of other teams hate him. He's a jackass.

I didn't mention anybody in the secondary because we are playing just as badly with a new secondary coach, and 4 different starters as we did last year, and the year before that. Even the same pattern during the course of the season. hmmmm...

Wow. :unsure: I sound like the FAB4 with this one. But between the big talk and small play, I really can't stand this season's team. That Titan's loss was too much for me. Next year, I guess.

Considering the level of play we're at, playoffs aren't exactly something that should be taken for granted. Personally, I don't think we go. In fact, I'd rather we didn't.

Meh, he was drafted as a backup tight end, and that's exactly what we got from him. He's not really a blocking tight end, so I can understand using Seubert the way we have most of the season (actually, that's probably the best thing the OC did all year). I don't care about him either way, and his contract is up anyway.

Ward is OK, he would be all right to spell Jacobs. Decent kickoff returner, too. Rather keep him and ditch Morton.

Deloatch managed to go from starter to cut, so that's not the guy I would have kept. But "Frank Walker, PI" over Charlie Peprah? Come on, now...

He did ok in preseason, and never got into a regular game. We do need a real backup though, but I'd rather see Hasselbeck gone. Please, no Kerry.

What a class of freeagents that was: Hand, Emmons, Green, Stokes, Bromell, and Steele. I know Stokes never played a regular season game for us, maybe Steele as well--I know none of the others ever played a 14 week season. All of them wound up on IR in 2004, if I remember correctly. Maybe Emmons didn't, but he was out more than on the field. Money well spent. At least we got Robbins and O'Hara that year.

Emmons should have never made it out of preseason. He isn't terrible on the field, but not as good as he was pre-injury, and he's certainly not on the field enough to justify him staying.

William Joseph: Way too hot and cold. Mostly cold. At least he's on his first contract, so he's not too expensive and is tolerable as a backup. Don't renew.

Reggie Torbor: For the amount of regular season games he's played thanks to Emmons, he still looks lost. He doesn't have it.

Lavar Arrington: Sorry, wasn't too keen on this guy to begin with. I didn't understand getting him as a solution to having an injury-depleted linebacking corp. We had to nurse him before the season began and he broke down by mid-season. Pierce should lose bonus money for pushing this guy. The only positive I can think of is that he doesn't cost as much as his name would imply.

Pettigout: Was having a great season this year, but has back problems, and one half-season doesn't really make up for the last two. I'm even cutting him some slack for 2003. Another old-guard attitude problem.

Burress: Lots of talent, but the bullshit:joy ratio is way out of whack. He's just as likely to screw you up as help you on the field.

Coaches: You know, I started this season thinking that Coughlin just needed new assistants. (Defensive ends belong in coverage on passing downs. They'll never expect a pass on 3rd and 2 in the fourth quarter when we're ahead by 21 points.) He's made me look like a moron.

Strahan: Yes, a HOF'er. A sack master, and one of the best DEs in the league against the run. And he can't shut the fuck up. Even worse, he has a knack for doing all the wrong things at precisely the wrong time to stir up internal strife. Yeah, Mike, point the scoreboard out to Owens, then disappear in the second half. Start that ballin' thing when you guys have a couple of good games, because there's nothing more fun for the fans than to have every team you lose against throw it back in your face. Tell us all about what you're going to say to Plax before you talk to him. Brilliant. One of those guys that were around for both Fassel and Coughlin, and still kept the shitty attitude. If this team has any chance for real team leadership, he needs to go. Retire.

Shockey: His heart is in the right place on the field, but if he were any stupider, he'd have to stop walking to take a breath. I've never seen so many truly boneheaded plays by a pro-bowler. Between the in-game arm waving, the whining about having to stay in to block, the Miami training sessions, and the constant shit-talking about the coach (justified or not), this is the epitome of a "team player?" I know he's not going anywhere. But I understand why fans of other teams hate him. He's a jackass.

I didn't mention anybody in the secondary because we are playing just as badly with a new secondary coach, and 4 different starters as we did last year, and the year before that. Even the same pattern during the course of the season. hmmmm...

Wow. :unsure: I sound like the FAB4 with this one. But between the big talk and small play, I really can't stand this season's team. That Titan's loss was too much for me. Next year, I guess.

I don't know what Deloatch did or did not do to get cut. All I know is that Frank Walker blows big time and if Deloatch had some experience starting and could have been held as a backup.

If the Giants get rid of those guys you listed above (except for Seawright) and, you might as well not play next season. Like it or not, they give us our best chance to win. We're already losing half our offense with Tiki. By the way, most other teams fans may hate Shockey, until he plays for them, then they'd love him I guarentee you. He's played pro bowl level all season.

I can't see the Giants keeping Joseph, I believe his contract is up. But I think he's done a decent job this year and if they did resign him, I'd have no issue with that.

Fishgut, anyone you want to see back? :brooding:

Toomer, Manning, the rest of our OLine, the rest of our linebackers, Robbins (and I didn't feel that way at the beginning of the season), Cofield, the rest of our DE's, our young WRs. So yeah, there's plenty I want back. But considering that these "stars" have tossed away a good first half of a football season again, I'm not really too interested in sugar-coating their megalomania.

Seriously, how many years are you willing to listen to the same BS from the same people? If we have to deal with this hot/cold crap, we could be doing it with younger players that are willing to form a team. :brooding:

I will always feel that our lives would be much better if we drafted around Kerry Collins and took our lumps while cultivating talent (like a Romo)instead we annointed the kid and now we have to tolerate the huge expense that is a sacred cow. All the while, we'll have to hear that "it takes time!" and we'll suffer a few more years until Eli's destiny is revealed:

he's going to be a Ty Detmer.

If the Giants get rid of those guys you listed above (except for Seawright) and, you might as well not play next season. Like it or not, they give us our best chance to win. We're already losing half our offense with Tiki. By the way, most other teams fans may hate Shockey, until he plays for them, then they'd love him I guarentee you. He's played pro bowl level all season.

No, you obviously couldn't do that over a single season. I did mention it in the post that this would be over seasons, but considering how long-winded the thing was, I could understand missing it.

Booyah, Shockey is nowhere near pro-bowl level this season. That's not entirely his fault, but that's the reality of it. This has to be his worst healthy year as a pro.

As I said, he's not going anywhere, but he's really pissed me off this season.

No, you obviously couldn't do that over a single season. I did mention it in the post that this would be over seasons, but considering how long-winded the thing was, I could understand missing it.

Booyah, Shockey is nowhere near pro-bowl level this season. That's not entirely his fault, but that's the reality of it. This has to be his worst healthy year as a pro.

Pro Bowl level or not, he's been our most consistant player after Tiki in the last three years. Stats

Fish, they didn't throw him the ball worth a damn the first half of the season. You can't paly if you don't have the ball. I think he should go to the pro bowl and I think any team aside from say KC/Ravens or San Diego would love to have him on their team. He's a guy who makes the team better when he's involved. You can't deny it( not saying you are).

Pro Bowl level or not, he's been our most consistant player after Tiki in the last three years. Stats

OK, he has a similar number of receptions and TDs. Did you notice the dropoff in yards per catch? He's not having the same impact over the course of the game.

He's on his way to having a year like he did in 2004--which in 2006 probably won't get you to the pro-bowl. And, 2004 was his worst year when he's played at least 15 games. So where is the big error in my thinking here?

That's even more upsetting considering how well he played last year.

Again, that's not all on him. What is on him is shooting his mouth off in front of the press 2-3 times, and some of the stupid penalties he's made over the course of the season. Not to mention the weekly drama on the field and on the sideline.

You know, I actually thought about putting these two guys in my list, too?

Strahan: plays big until you really need him to (check 49er game from a few years back, Panthers game last year, etc.), and gets a sack on third and three once per game to keep his stats up. He'll always be a monster against the run, but as a "team leader," why do the teams he leads always come up short in the big spot? Man, the Kiwanuka drafting looks better and better each day (until he whiffs on 4th and ten to hand us another loss... ugh).

Shockey: You could probably get a third rounder for him. Another "team leader" that doesn't know how to lead. I can understand him getting pissed that he doesn't get the ball, but I've had just about enough of his antics. If he got the ball more, he'd cry more when Eli overthrows him.

This team is not playoff bound for another three years, at best. And no, if we make it at 8-8, that doesn't count.

About the Eli trade, I don't think any of us here were against it. On the contrary pretty much everyone here was excited, including myself. For God's sake we were picking between getting Robert Gallery and Eli. And besides who of us ever heard of Rivers? The Top QBs were Rothlisberger and Eli no?

Coaches have got to go. Emmons and Plax have got to go. I'm still undecided with Demps.

My point is Eli's best days are ahead of him.

Initially I was against it and my reason was simple Ben Roethlisberger. I belive we could have traded down and taken Big Ben plus kept all the picks we gave up. Now I have since become a believer that Eli can become a very fine QB, but I don't know about with the coaches we have. Demps is terrible.

Hahahahaha! :LMAO: The Shockey comment is funny. And so true! Shockey has flashes of goodness (not Greatness as many on this board annoited him the best TE) but Shockey is a jackass. I was afraid to say that the Giants need to part ways with him because of the Shockey love but enough is enough! Shockey is this 'new' generation crazy guy that supposedly epitomizes toughness. Me, I'm used to Bavaro and Zeke Mowatt.

That INT is what us Cricket fans would call a "sitter", as in he could have taken it sitting down. It was thrown straight at him. His lateral to McQuarters on the runback was just plain idiotic. Lucky we didn't hand it straight back. Every week I hate that guy more.

You see Treehugger I agree with you on the type of intercept that he got...but in a decent zone defense those are exactly the kind of plays your free safety is supposed to make because the QB in a rush often does not account for the FS. So for once ClueLess called the right defense and Demps was where he was supposed to be. But you are right if he does not catch that one...then he is trying to outrun 75,000 irate fans.

Fine, I'll compromise. You get rid of Emmons and I will keep Plax.

The Human Pectoral Tear MUST GO! Plax can join him for company. Old man Whitfield. Lets see maybe keep McQuarters or Madison (one must go)...give up on Webster, keep Dockery..Dump Demps unless he turns into Ronnie Lott and its time to reduce Gibril Wilson to backup status. Oh I almost forgot unload Fat Joe.

Remember him saying he was as good as Shockey? :mellow:

I remember that....flames should have shot out of his throat. Did you see the reaction on the sideline to his latest fuck up. People ignored him like they do when a kicker misses an easy expected clutch field goal.

Strahan's situation is lot like how Patrick Ewings' used to be. Strahan needs to be the second best guy on the defense (remember Don Nelson: Patrick needs to be the second best guy on this team for us to win a championship..." and they ran him out of town for this accurate assessment). Agree with you that his mouth can cause some real dissension at the wrong times (Tiki is a lot like that too IMO), but I would definitely keep him none the less.

Big Bump. Shit for brains Fishgut needs to go to a place where stupidity and lack of football knowledge is respected. Then, he can post his nonsense and he won't be missed on this mb. :clap:

Say...is this an invite to your place, USP? Well, thanks big fella, but I'm kind of busy right now, with the holiday preparations. Maybe sometime next year, though. :clap: