SportsWrath

Who needs to go?

Sephiroth

Here's my list.

1. Ernie Accorsi - he's on his way out anyway, but who at this point can realistically argue that the Manning trade was worth it? Put your hand down, Archie.

2. The entire coaching staff - Couglin has lost it, as he won't take playcalling duties away from both of this incompetent assistants... for a guy who's supposed to be no-nonsense, he sure stands by his coaches no matter how badly they suck. And Jerry Palmieri as strength and conditioning coach? Everywhere he goes, half the team ends up on IR... just ask New Orleans, where seven players went down with assorted muscle pulls and sprains in the course of one quarter of play.

3. Plaxico Burress - tired of seeing him give up on plays. I don't care how many he shows up for; he has just as many half-assed, boneheaded plays as great ones. Get what you can for him and move on.

4. Will Demps - he sucks. Can't cover, read an offense, or tackle. Enough said.

5. Carlos Emmons - the slowest 'backer in the league. Time to hang it up, Carlos.

6. Chad Morton - way to cut RIGHT INTO a player on a punt return last night. Could get caught from behind by Carlos Emmons. No speed or acceleration whatsoever. Man, I miss Willie Ponder.

7. Jim Finn - why do we have a pass-catching fullback when we only throw to the fullback twice each year? Can we PLEASE get a fullback who will knock someone on thier ass?

That's all I've got. How about all of you?

Here's my list.

1. Ernie Accorsi - he's on his way out anyway, but who at this point can realistically argue that the Manning trade was worth it? Put your hand down, Archie. :clap:

.....I miss Willie Ponder.

Ahhh man! I am soooo tired of defending this Giants team. I am sooooo tired of discussing this sorry ass team. And funny thing is these Giants are still alive wildcard wise.

LMAO to your #1 on your list.... :LMAO:

Ahhh man! I am soooo tired of defending this Giants team. I am sooooo tired of discussing this sorry ass team. And funny thing is these Giants are still alive wildcard wise.

LMAO to your #1 on your list.... :LMAO:

I feel the same way I could care less what they do from here on out I mean, don't get me wrong I always want them to win but realistically they wont win them all and with the mind set some have and the coaches we have now we cant even win the "give me" games. The fans have more heart then the team does .

Shockey is the only one I see out there every play that is playing with heart .

but back to the wild card whats funny is .... remember the years when we would bite our nails of at a chance to get to a wild card spot. watching other teams and hoping this one would lose and this one would win and so on .. now its like if we cant at LEAST have the division then we dont want them in the playoffs.

beacuse if we get a wild card thats just proof we are mediocre. we want them to go into a play off by being more commanding and confident .

we wont see it this year. got a feeling we wont see it next year either cause I bet you dollars to donuts Mara will give Caughlin an extention

I feel the same way I could care less what they do from here on out I mean, don't get me wrong I always want them to win but realistically they wont win them all and with the mind set some have and the coaches we have now we cant even win the "give me" games. The fans have more heart then the team does .

Shockey is the only one I see out there every play that is playing with heart .

but back to the wild card whats funny is .... remember the years when we would bite our nails of at a chance to get to a wild card spot. watching other teams and hoping this one would lose and this one would win and so on .. now its like if we cant at LEAST have the division then we dont want them in the playoffs.

beacuse if we get a wild card thats just proof we are mediocre. we want them to go into a play off by being more commanding and confident .

we wont see it this year. got a feeling we wont see it next year either cause I bet you dollars to donuts Mara will give Caughlin an extention

Let's say Shockey, Pierce and YOU have the MOST heart of any Giants out there. :rolleyes: And defending these Giants is like defending Rap Music. Sounds good until you actually hear the lyrics...then it's all bullshit!

*But we got Tiki, and Big Jacobs?*

*Shockey plays with sooo much spirit...*

*Kiwi is sho' nuff a surprise...*

*Eli is getting better I suppose...those INT's weren't his fault...Plax and Tiki gave up*

WE HAVE TO STOP KIDDING OURSELVES AND FACE THE FACT THAT THIS TEAM SUCKS!

Here's my list.

1. Ernie Accorsi - he's on his way out anyway, but who at this point can realistically argue that the Manning trade was worth it? Put your hand down, Archie.

2. The entire coaching staff - Couglin has lost it, as he won't take playcalling duties away from both of this incompetent assistants... for a guy who's supposed to be no-nonsense, he sure stands by his coaches no matter how badly they suck. And Jerry Palmieri as strength and conditioning coach? Everywhere he goes, half the team ends up on IR... just ask New Orleans, where seven players went down with assorted muscle pulls and sprains in the course of one quarter of play.

3. Plaxico Burress - tired of seeing him give up on plays. I don't care how many he shows up for; he has just as many half-assed, boneheaded plays as great ones. Get what you can for him and move on.

Aggreed

4. Will Demps - he sucks. Can't cover, read an offense, or tackle. Enough said.

You are giving up on him too quickly, he left an attackin Defense for a coach that would rather play two had touch

5. Carlos Emmons - the slowest 'backer in the league. Time to hang it up, Carlos.

6. Chad Morton - way to cut RIGHT INTO a player on a punt return last night. Could get caught from behind by Carlos Emmons. No speed or acceleration whatsoever. Man, I miss Willie Ponder.

These were both good/great players pre-Giants. I think Mort should be gone, but who will replace Emmons?

7. Jim Finn - why do we have a pass-catching fullback when we only throw to the fullback twice each year? Can we PLEASE get a fullback who will knock someone on thier ass?

This is off base, Finn is an excellent blocker he gets Tiki to the second level more often then not. Same will come with him and BJ. I think he is one of the players that should absoultly stay on this team.

Here's my list.

1. LOL :LMAO:

7. been saying it for years....we need a better FB.

Here's my list.

yea but look at the bright side of it, although Manning sucks compared to Rivers at least SD had to settle for Merriman with the extra first round pick we threw them.

how do you spell "BUFOON"

yea but look at the bright side of it, although Manning sucks compared to Rivers at least SD had to settle for Merriman with the extra first round pick we threw them.

how do you spell "BUFOON"

I laughed my ass off when they got Nate Kaeding with our 5th round pick. :cwy:

You are giving up on him too quickly, he left an attackin Defense for a coach that would rather play two had touch

Attacking D or not, the guy wiffs more tackles than anyone on the team...and that's a lot! Cut the bum!

This is off base, Finn is an excellent blocker he gets Tiki to the second level more often then not. Same will come with him and BJ. I think he is one of the players that should absoultly stay on this team.

That I agree with. Finn's role in our offense is really under-appreciated.

About the Eli trade, I don't think any of us here were against it. On the contrary pretty much everyone here was excited, including myself. For God's sake we were picking between getting Robert Gallery and Eli. And besides who of us ever heard of Rivers? The Top QBs were Rothlisberger and Eli no?

My point is Eli's best days are ahead of him.

Coaches have got to go. Emmons and Plax have got to go. I'm still undecided with Demps.

About the Eli trade, I don't think any of us here were against it. On the contrary pretty much everyone here was excited, including myself. For God's sake we were picking between getting Robert Gallery and Eli. And besides who of us ever heard of Rivers? The Top QBs were Rothlisberger and Eli no?

My point is Eli's best days are ahead of him.

Coaches have got to go. Emmons and Plax have got to go. I'm still undecided with Demps.

Yeah clueless actually had him blitzing yesterday and he was actually in position to make a pretty good interception for a change. However I have seen him attempt too many whiff style arm tackles including one in the 1st Half that could have held up a 1st down.

if we dont make the eli trade, keep collins or draft ben/rivers who knows what our record is in 2004 and who knows where our draft position is for the 2005 draft. pics 7-20 that year were (in order):

troy williamson

antrel rolle

carlos rogers

mike williams

demarcus ware

merriman

jammal brown

thomas davis

derick johnson

travis johnson

david pollack

erasmus james

alex barron

marcus spears

plenty of busts and question marks there, guys. who knows who we would've been targeting (assuming we were in that range with collins/rivers/ben/warner as qb). we didn't draft merriman and trade him, we traded his draft pick a year before he came out.

anyway, i wanted sean taylor and wasn't thrilled about the eli deal, but we've made our bed with him and he's (surprise) been up and down his first two full years as a starter. in most sports players experience their breakout year in their third full season as a starter so as far as im concerned the jury is still out on eli. and rivers isn't all-world either, the guy didn't exactly light the fearsome chiefs defense on fire yesterday and he gets to hand off and throw to the best player in football who has like 10 more TD's then any other team in the league.

also, IMO EA does a good job drafting in later rounds. in the first round? not so much. i think the odds are we wouldn't have picked ware or merriman and probably would've shit the bed on that pick if you go by EA's history of first round draft picks

Yeah clueless actually had him blitzing yesterday and he was actually in position to make a pretty good interception for a change. However I have seen him attempt too many whiff style arm tackles including one in the 1st Half that could have held up a 1st down.

That INT is what us Cricket fans would call a "sitter", as in he could have taken it sitting down. It was thrown straight at him. His lateral to McQuarters on the runback was just plain idiotic. Lucky we didn't hand it straight back. Every week I hate that guy more.

That INT is what us Cricket fans would call a "sitter", as in he could have taken it sitting down. It was thrown straight at him. His lateral to McQuarters on the runback was just plain idiotic. Lucky we didn't hand it straight back. Every week I hate that guy more.

My understanding is Demps doesn't make superstar salary like Plax and Emmons, right?

If that's the case, we got what we paid for. I can't say the same about Emmons and Plax. I view every Giants fan as family. I don't know.. typical Fan player/team bond. For some crazy reason I can't get Plax and Emmons to that level. They're like illigitimate children of ours.

My understanding is Demps doesn't make superstar salary like Plax and Emmons, right?

If that's the case, we got what we paid for. I can't say the same about Emmons and Plax. I view every Giants fan as family. I don't know.. typical Fan player/team bond. For some crazy reason I can't get Plax and Emmons to that level. They're like illigitimate children of ours.

I'm one of the few guys who's actually happy with Plax. I've seen him give up on one play only, and I think he's played decently most of the season. I don't like him as a person, but I'm glad he's on the team.

I'm one of the few guys who's actually happy with Plax. I've seen him give up on one play only, and I think he's played decently most of the season. I don't like him as a person, but I'm glad he's on the team.

Fine, I'll compromise. You get rid of Emmons and I will keep Plax.

First off the Eli versus Rivers comparisons are tiring. Eli was a better QB in college and had better pedigree, it doesn't matter what pans out, at the time Eli was better and it was smarter to get him. A dumb draft choice is mario Williams over Bush.

Secondly, if we get into the playoffs you can forget Coughlin leaving, the Giants will try the old 'get rid of assistants trick first'. So of the players:

Shiancoe: underachieved since he got here. We were told he had potential, he has no potential, and it's nuts to have a tight end and then use offensive lineman as eligible receivers as much as we do. A veteren tight end should be a priority in the off season.

Carter: Okay, he played better yesterday, but overall he's a major bust. Let the Sinorice Moss era begin now.

derrick Ward: because we need a veteran running back to help jacobs and that back isn't Ward. Again, veteran help is needed in this position, plus perhaps a scatback in the later rounds.

Frank Walker: A total waste of space. We should never have gotten rid of Deloatch for this clown.

Jared Lorenzen: Sorry, if this fat fuck takes the field ever, we'll be a laughing stock even more than we are. there are plenty of decent backups out there next year, hell I'd even take a flyer and see if Kerry would come back.

carlos emmons: Major disappointment overall, too many injuries, need to draft a linebacker early and move Carlos back to Philly. Another position where veteran help wouldn't go amiss.