SportsWrath

For all the Superstitious fans

jranieli

How do you stop a streak like this? Do you wear a different jersey, different hat, different cloths? This may seem dumb but I am going back to wearing my steel toes for the Dallas game. Ever since I have been wearing my sneakers, we have been playing bad. First game I wore them were against the Texans. Time for a change. Again, maybe I sound dumb but I know some of you do the same sort of thing.

This is what you do: Play 60 minutes of mistake free football. And thats how you turn it around. Have Eli throw the ball 5-8 yards over the middle for Jeremy. run the footbll on 2nd down. Estabish a run game to open up the pass, not vice versa. Then if you do that it will setup play action pass to throw the ball 45 yards downfeild to Plax. :flex: Well God Damn it, somebody get me a headset and a clipboard, i think I'm ready to take Huff's job. :doh:

I try not to be superstitous, but when it comes to the Giants I am for some reason extremely superstition.

I didn't wear a jersey for the Colts game and the first half of the Eagles game because i didn't want to start this kinda of superstition this year. But at half time of the Eagles game I put on my Tiki jersey and we came back and won. For some reason i decided to wear my white Eli authentic for the Hawks game. The next game, I went back to my Tiki jersey and wore it each game of our winning streak. The bears game I didn't wear a jersey because i just forgot. The Jags game I wore the Tiki jersey and we lost. Last week I helped my dad and didn't get home until the end of the first half. didn't think about putting on the Tiki jersey till the 4th and when i did the Titans scored their second TD I think so i took it back off. we know what heppened next.

So basically, my Tiki jersey is 6-1, I've actually been debating going to another jersey. I was thinking about going to my Amani Toomer jersey so the WR's will step up, either that or a shockey jersey. It'd be difficult not to wear the tiki jersey though.

If you've been wearing the same jersey all along, then a change is in order.

How do you stop a streak like this? Do you wear a different jersey, different hat, different cloths? This may seem dumb but I am going back to wearing my steel toes for the Dallas game. Ever since I have been wearing my sneakers, we have been playing bad. First game I wore them were against the Texans. Time for a change. Again, maybe I sound dumb but I know some of you do the same sort of thing.

Whenver I started the Official game thread, the Giants won... That was the reason I was up at 2 am sunday starting those threads. sadly that came to a crashing halt last week when we blew it against the Titans.

Now, I'm thinking of moving my TV out to a different room. We'll see.

I am extremely superstitious with the G-Men only. I do the jersey thing also. Started the season with my blue pierce jersey, then switched to white eli jersey. Then the 5 game winning streak came on with my old white strahan jersey, until the bears game (which wasn't a 1 o'clock game btw, the time of the game bugs me also). I put the strahan jersey on because the d was playing terrible and my twisted mind thinks that wearing a defensive jersey helped. Jags game i went back to the white eli, thinking he would come out of his funk....no dice. Last week i wore red tiki jersey cuz we weren't using the run game. I was happy with that until the 4th.

I also have a full sized stuffed football that a girl at work gave me. That has to sit at the foot of the couch in a certain spot and no one can touch it. Last week my girlfriends little sister looks at me 2 min. into the 4th quarter and says - "you just touched the football." ugh, i hate when crap like that happens. :brooding: :doh::furious:

Back to the question at hand. This week i'm going blue pierce jersey with the ripped jeans that worked last season. :TU:

I only have one jersey... a white Umenyiora one.

I wore it for the Colts... we lost. I took it off halfway through the Eagles game to go hiking... we won.

I wore it for the Seahawks game... as soon as I took it off, we started to come back. There was no denying the curse of the white Umenyiora.

But I put it back on for the Falcons game, which we won... and I had to go to the bar to see that one. I continued to wear it for the next three games, cuz the curse was broken. Then I still wore it at the Bears game, and we lost. I've worn it the last two weeks, and we lost both games.

The bottom line: The jersey was cursed, was uncursed by wearing it in the bar, but wearing it to the stadium cursed it again. There can be no denying this.

And sorry I lost all those games for everyone. I'm not gonna wear it this weekend, I promise.

I only have one jersey... a white Umenyiora one.

I wore it for the Colts... we lost. I took it off halfway through the Eagles game to go hiking... we won.

I wore it for the Seahawks game... as soon as I took it off, we started to come back. There was no denying the curse of the white Umenyiora.

But I put it back on for the Falcons game, which we won... and I had to go to the bar to see that one. I continued to wear it for the next three games, cuz the curse was broken. Then I still wore it at the Bears game, and we lost. I've worn it the last two weeks, and we lost both games.

The bottom line: The jersey was cursed, was uncursed by wearing it in the bar, but wearing it to the stadium cursed it again. There can be no denying this.

And sorry I lost all those games for everyone. I'm not gonna wear it this weekend, I promise.

it could have been something else like jeans, undershirt, socks, thongs, shoes or sneakers. Anything

BTW, one thing that lately I have been superstitious about is a certain 2 men saying "DOOMED" during the games, seems like they have been saying that alot during our losses. <_>

I am aware of this phrase of which you speak. That term was also used during the 5 game winning streak and has been since the beginning of the season. Another member joined in using it around week 3 I believe, and it has been done ever since. So, now, what would you like these 2 men to do about it? Stop using the term? Or keep using the term til the end of the season? I've always believed if a fan does something during a game, they should do that something for every game of the season.

I am aware of this phrase of which you speak. That term was also used during the 5 game winning streak and has been since the beginning of the season. Another member joined in using it around week 3 I believe, and it has been done ever since. So, now, what would you like these 2 men to do about it? Stop using the term? Or keep using the term til the end of the season? I've always believed if a fan does something during a game, they should do that something for every game of the season.

Oh boy, we're doomed! <_<