SportsWrath

Enjoy the rest of the season, everyone

mickeef2

Manny being Manny > Plax being Plax

At least Manny has gotten the job done before... and talked shit when he knew he could back it up.

How can you compare Manny to Plax? I'm not a Sox fan nor a heavy supporter of Baseball....but Plax isn't even the best reciever on HIS team before Toomer went down. Manny has been clutch in his sport way more than Plax has been for the Giants. 5 T.D. catches in the end zone and one winning T.D. vs the Eagles doesn't make u a star Plax...you still got a fucked up attitude and carrying the ball like a loaf of bread. Plax u ain't alladat!

I'm fill like breaking my computer.

Seriously, I really feel like I need to stop watching this team for the good of my health. I totally thought I was going to burst a blood vessel on the Kiwi play. Not only that, my wife was furious with me for the way I acted during this game and she packs a pretty powerful punch. :(

The way I feel about this team is kinda how I eventually got to feeling about the Knicks with Starks, Oakley, Ewing, Mason, etc. I couldn't even be haappy about them winning because they were such a group of unlikeable guys. I was embarrassed to be a fan. I swear I'm not quitting on this team because they're not winning games. I just can't root for some of the dopes we put on the field anymore.

Whatever. It's one thing to lose games because the players just aren't good enough. It's another when supposedly good players quit during games. Why waste my time watching this garbage when the team cares less than I do?

As a clarification, are we talking about the same sort of quitting the Red Sox demonstrated after they lost a bunch of starters? I merely ask. :)

Yes this was a choke job, but we've seen worse as Giants fans. Wouldn't the 49er playoff game a few years ago be a lot worse than this. Speaking of Titans, what happened the Oilers in the playoffs against Buffalo I wouldn't wish on the Cowboys.

we'll all get over this. Right now it sucks.

Seriously, I really feel like I need to stop watching this team for the good of my health. I totally thought I was going to burst a blood vessel on the Kiwi play. Not only that, my wife was furious with me for the way I acted during this game and she packs a pretty powerful punch. :(

The way I feel about this team is kinda how I eventually got to feeling about the Knicks with Starks, Oakley, Ewing, Mason, etc. I couldn't even be haappy about them winning because they were such a group of unlikeable guys. I was embarrassed to be a fan. I swear I'm not quitting on this team because they're not winning games. I just can't root for some of the dopes we put on the field anymore.

I feel your pain. My wife just leaves the room and watches the other t.v. And this game today was the straw that broke my back. It pains me to see Eli make the same mistakes over and over...It pains me to see stupid play calling...It pains me to see this Plaxico Burress who is probably the 3rd best reciever on HIS team (Toomer, Shockey #1,#2) thinkin' he's a league star, droppin' passes and givin' up on plays. It pains me to think that Tiki won't be here next yr and the Giants will overpay for a washed up RB like Cory Dillon. And it pains me since 1999 that these Giants blow it year after year.

And it shouldn't have come to a missed Kiwi sack when we were up 21-0. Young showed heart and killed the Giants secondary with runs and passes. We flat out sucked in the second half all the way around.

So that being said...no more Giant support from me. I will re-evaluate next season when the draft comes.

Yes this was a choke job, but we've seen worse as Giants fans. Wouldn't the 49er playoff game a few years ago be a lot worse than this. Speaking of Titans, what happened the Oilers in the playoffs against Buffalo I wouldn't wish on the Cowboys.

Heya Booyah,

It's funny that you mention that 2002 game, I think that's the last time I got this steamed over a Giants loss.

No actually, this is worse. The 49er's were a playoff team, at least. This was supposed to be one of the season's "gimmies."

I am just like you....the Knicks of the ninties are just like these bastards...good enough to bring you to the show at times ....but gutless chokers who could/can never finish it off. They are always missing that last piece of the puzzle.

....the Knicks of the ninties are just like these bastards...good enough to bring you to the show at times ....but gutless chokers who could/can never finish it off. They are always missing that last piece of the puzzle.

Wow!!!! The 90's Knicks.... Starks had me on the ledge back in the day in game 7....I was gonna jump...

Anybody got the number to the suicide hotline. It took me 4 years to get over the Knicks of the 90's. I disowned them after they lost to the Spurs in 5 (2001). Per doctors orders!

No actually, this is worse. The 49er's were a playoff team, at least. This was supposed to be one of the season's "gimmies."

God no Fish, I can't agree with that. After giving up the lead we still had a chance to go down the field and win and we blew a fucking short field goal on a botched snap!!. That's bad!! :furious:

Wanna have some false optimistm? We lost a heartbreaker at home to the Titans in 2002 following a horrible loss to Houston the previous week. We were up by 15 in the forth and McNair tore us apart and tied it up with a QB draw on a 2 point conversion. We were 6-6 heading into December and ran the table afterwards.

Like that's gonna happen :LMAO:

just like i said weeks ago while we were in the midst of our 5 game winning streak--this team would quit on coughlin much faster than they quit on fassel as soon as the injuries piled up or things started to go south.

tom's fate was sealed by this game. goodbye, mr. coughlin

just like i said weeks ago while we were in the midst of our 5 game winning streak--this team would quit on coughlin much faster than they quit on fassel as soon as the injuries piled up or things started to go south.

5 years faster than Fassel too.

We could've had Lovie Smith... :(

and im taking this a step further and hoping we lose out. it's better for us long term if we dont win out, make the playoffs, get embarrassed in the first round and then see coughlin get an extension

I'd rather win out and have Eli play awesome then lose out and have him suck.

I don't want 9 months of contemplating if he's the guy.

Where the fuck do they find these coaches? Tiki is retiring and they still can't find a reason to play? Next time Plax is laughing and smiling after a loss TC or Shockey should smack the shit out of him. Also Plax has obviously given up on Opie.

I'd rather win out and have Eli play awesome then lose out and have him suck.

I don't want 9 months of contemplating if he's the guy.

im not worried about eli, i've seen enough flashes of brilliance from him to know he can play. opposiing defenses only need to watch video of us to figure out our gameplan and the 5 routes we run. with this playbook and this horrible playcalling i'm not surprised our passing game sucks. we need a new coach with a new attitude and a new playbook. if eli fails with him then i'm officially off his bandwagon

Where the fuck do they find these coaches? Tiki is retiring and they still can't find a reason to play? Next time Plax is laughing and smiling after a loss TC or Shockey should smack the shit out of him. Also Plax has obviously given up on Opie.

im just glad we got plax cheap. when you considering the production he gives us and the fact that his attitude will hold him back from being great his pay is right on par with what we're getting from him. unfortunately he's one of many pro athletes who need to be properly motivated to get up to play. we're only stuck with him for two more seasons i think

Yeah, I know what you mean. I felt my blood pressure rising when gave up the 3 TD. Sometimes, I wonder if I ever going to see another SB victory.

im not worried about eli, i've seen enough flashes of brilliance from him to know he can play. opposiing defenses only need to watch video of us to figure out our gameplan and the 5 routes we run. with this playbook and this horrible playcalling i'm not surprised our passing game sucks. we need a new coach with a new attitude and a new playbook. if eli fails with him then i'm officially off his bandwagon

That was said perfectly. I am willing to give Eli another shot next year but only with a new coaching staff. It is going to be the same old, same old then he is screwed.

Steamed??. I flew to trey Junkin's house and pissed on his doorstep!!

Poor Trey. He was no match for the Giants inability to stop one of four 2pt conversions. I was very, very mad after that game. I think that might be what started me posting at Giants.com. I remember after the game, I went outside to walk around in the cold weather after having taken everything Giants off. I did that because I realized if anyone had said anything to me about the loss, I wouldve punched them in the nose.

BTW, Im going to wear my blue Dayne jersey to the gym tomorrow both to represent in the face of a loss and in your honor.

Wheres Midas Mulligan?

Poor Trey. He was no match for the Giants inability to stop one of four 2pt conversions. I was very, very mad after that game. I think that might be what started me posting at Giants.com. I remember after the game, I went outside to walk around in the cold weather after having taken everything Giants off. I did that because I realized if anyone had said anything to me about the loss, I wouldve punched them in the nose.

BTW, Im going to wear my blue Dayne jersey to the gym tomorrow both to represent in the face of a loss and in your honor.

Wheres Midas Mulligan?

right here