SportsWrath

Moss

gateb

How great can the news be, a rookie WR with a bad wheel might be coming back for a Monday night match up on the road that has the GMEN as 3 point dogs...Great :brooding:

It is great because that rookie WR isn't going to get any better without getting some playing time. Our WR core is also hurting with the loss of Toomer. Definetaly not a replacement for Toomer, but we will get a chance to see what he can do hopefully.

That for me qualifies as great.

He actually has two catches. One was one of those quick WR screen things and he got 4 yards but there was an offsides on the play.

We need more quick screens. Enough of this 7-step drop stuff when our Oline can't even hold the pocket most of the time.

We need more quick screens. Enough of this 7-step drop stuff when our Oline can't even hold the pocket most of the time.

WR screen is one of the worst plays in football. It runs the risk of giving up an INT that is guaranteed to go the other way for 6.

It is good that he is going to get a chance to play, but I cannot imagine him making or breaking the game. How is he at returning punts? He has to be better then Mort

WR screen is one of the worst plays in football. It runs the risk of giving up an INT that is guaranteed to go the other way for 6.

It is good that he is going to get a chance to play, but I cannot imagine him making or breaking the game. How is he at returning punts? He has to be better then Mort

Woh I didn't even realize I said screen. I meant short passes, not screens.

I'm not understanding, do you mean we as posters don't have a choice, or Huffie has to call them because of the injuries?

With Pettigout out, I'm not sure we can hold a pocket for 7 step drops on a consistent basis. We'll need to throw more screens than we have just to keep the defense honest.

Yeah what I meant was a good slant. Keep that up and the CB will eventually come close to the LOS. When he does send speedy Carter or (hopefully speedy) Moss burning past them. Make the defense respect the short game to exploit the long game.

I remember one game this season where the GIants came out and threw almost entirely a short passing game to start off, and the offense pretty much dominated all game. I don't know why but Huffie is obsessed with taking deep shots early and often, even if there is a 20mph wind that is gusting to 50mph.

As far as changing the gameplan with Pettigout out, we didn't in the Bears game. That is a combination of two things as far as I am concerned. Huff can't make in-game adjustments, and he can't be creative with his playcalling and call the plays that work best for the personnel available.

With Pettigout out, I'm not sure we can hold a pocket for 7 step drops on a consistent basis. We'll need to throw more screens than we have just to keep the defense honest.

You Petitgout being out is going to stop Hufnagel...you thought wrong! I expect a 12 step drop and throwing deep to Plax and Carter on every down! :flex::flex::flex:

Well, I would be excited about the 5'8 WR making the lineup if Eli wasn't overthrowing the 6'5 WR that's been playing all season. Maybe with Moss's quickness, he'll be able to get open quicker and Eli won't have to hold the ball as long, I don't know. I'll wait till the kid makes a few plays before I get too excited.