SportsWrath

Moss

gateb

Well, I would be excited about the 5'8 WR making the lineup if Eli wasn't overthrowing the 6'5 WR that's been playing all season. Maybe with Moss's quickness, he'll be able to get open quicker and Eli won't have to hold the ball as long, I don't know. I'll wait till the kid makes a few plays before I get too excited.

good point, is there a play where we can line up moss on plax's shoulders?

Ummmm..... tell Steve Smith and Santana Moss that a WR screen is one of the worst plays in football. One, while the CB can jump the route, a pump and go would be a devastating play call that would screw up any overzealous corner that wanted to jump the screen. Two, it's a risk reward and the reward is certainly worth the risk. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've seen too many picks of WR screens. The most intercepted ball would be the swing to the flats a la Kerry Collins.

Yeah what I meant was a good slant. Keep that up and the CB will eventually come close to the LOS. When he does send speedy Carter or (hopefully speedy) Moss burning past them. Make the defense respect the short game to exploit the long game.

I remember one game this season where the GIants came out and threw almost entirely a short passing game to start off, and the offense pretty much dominated all game. I don't know why but Huffie is obsessed with taking deep shots early and often, even if there is a 20mph wind that is gusting to 50mph.

As far as changing the gameplan with Pettigout out, we didn't in the Bears game. That is a combination of two things as far as I am concerned. Huff can't make in-game adjustments, and he can't be creative with his playcalling and call the plays that work best for the personnel available.

I hear you...I have been saying the same thing since Coach Cheerleader and crew got here. They try to fit the personnel to their schemes as opposed to fitting the schemes to the personnel. An example is forcing Shockey to block like he is the second coming of Howard Cross.

Well, I would be excited about the 5'8 WR making the lineup if Eli wasn't overthrowing the 6'5 WR that's been playing all season. Maybe with Moss's quickness, he'll be able to get open quicker and Eli won't have to hold the ball as long, I don't know. I'll wait till the kid makes a few plays before I get too excited.

:clap: Yeah, the Giants' WR's need a step ladder, a net and a wing and a prayer these days....don't leave out a lifetime supply of human growth hormone to add an extra foot or two to these guys height.

I hear you...I have been saying the same thing since Coach Cheerleader and crew got here. They try to fit the personnel to their schemes as opposed to fitting the schemes to the personnel. An example is forcing Shockey to block like he is the second coming of Howard Cross.

The old adage "Trying to shove square blocks into round holes" comes to mind often when watching the Gmen play.