SportsWrath

3 QBs =

JMFP

Wow, some of you really thought we'd cut Nassib? The guy was projected as high as 16th overall in the draft by some people. He didn't show much but when you have .35 seconds per throw it's kind of tough to make an impression.

Guess they forget the shit-show Manning was in the 2004 preseason.

http://www.sbnation....rd-daniel-fells

Nassib is a project very much in the same way that Prriloux and Lorenzen where.

Crazy talk man... Perriloux and Lorenzen were both undrafted.

For better or worse, when a guy is picked in the fourth round, he has to be incredibly sucky to not make it out of his first training camp.

And I actually thought Nassib showed as much as Painter and Carr in this last preseason game. I would have been happy keeping 2 QBs (Eli, Nassib) and just take our chances.

No way we could go with Nassib as #2. He's nowhere near ready to play in an NFL game. In retrospect, drafting Nassib in the 4th round dictated that the Giants would keep 3 QBs this year. Coughlin said as much in the article on Giants.com (below - good read, btw: http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Coach-Coughlin-discusses-53-man-roster/d54d301d-7bde-4956-83e4-9097638f7aa7:

I guess this was as good a year as any to keep 3, because there's nobody we cut I'm sitting here wishing we could have back, as there usually is most years.

This is the first time since 2007 the Giants will have three quarterbacks on their regular-season roster.

“When we drafted (Nassib), then you have an idea that you’re going to have to develop young quarterback,” Coughlin said. “That’s what his role is. So be it if that’s what it takes.

“From the standpoint of strategy, you have to understand that many times the balancing act stops at the quarterback position, because there is no way to trade off if in fact you are developing a young man. In our case, you have a veteran player to go along with it.

No way we could go with Nassib as #2. He's nowhere near ready to play in an NFL game. In retrospect, drafting Nassib in the 4th round dictated that the Giants would keep 3 QBs this year. Coughlin said as much in the article on Giants.com (below - good read, btw: http://www.giants.co...e4-9097638f7aa7:

I guess this was as good a year as any to keep 3, because there's nobody we cut I'm sitting here wishing we could have back, as there usually is most years.

This is the first time since 2007 the Giants will have three quarterbacks on their regular-season roster.

“When we drafted (Nassib), then you have an idea that you’re going to have to develop young quarterback,” Coughlin said. “That’s what his role is. So be it if that’s what it takes.

“From the standpoint of strategy, you have to understand that many times the balancing act stops at the quarterback position, because there is no way to trade off if in fact you are developing a young man. In our case, you have a veteran player to go along with it.

I think of it more of, if Eli goes down for an extended period of time, then neither Painter or Nassib are going to be winning any games for the Giants since the Giant's are now a pass first team unlike previous seasons.

I mean if we did just keep Nassib I would have no problem throwing him into the fire because frankly, Eli is the only QB on the roster that will win the Giant's any games.

I agree with you though that I have no problem keeping Nassib on the roster because really we cut no one of value.

I think Marvin Austin is the one player I was disappointed to see cut. I know I'm in the minority here, but Austin was really beset by injuries in his first couple of seasons, and this was the year I thought he had a real chance to show what he has. He looked very active and at times, fearsome in the preseason, and of course, he finally looks like a player and is cut. His problem is that Mike Patterson and Cullen Jenkins also looked great, and the team used a 2nd round pick on Hankins. Of course, if he clears waivers, we may see him back on this roster. But I think he'll get a chance on another team, and I will not be surprised to see him become an impact player.

I'm very pleased to see Trattou make it, who to me, was the most impressive defensive lineman on the Giants this preseason, and did so at times against first string competition.

I think Marvin Austin is the one player I was disappointed to see cut. I know I'm in the minority here, but Austin was really beset by injuries in his first couple of seasons, and this was the year I thought he had a real chance to show what he has. He looked very active and at times, fearsome in the preseason, and of course, he finally looks like a player and is cut. His problem is that Mike Patterson and Cullen Jenkins also looked great, and the team used a 2nd round pick on Hankins. Of course, if he clears waivers, we may see him back on this roster. But I think he'll get a chance on another team, and I will not be surprised to see him become an impact player.

I'm very pleased to see Trattou make it, who to me, was the most impressive defensive lineman on the Giants this preseason, and did so at times against first string competition.

I think cutting Austin will come back to haunt the Giants. Can totally see him catching on with another team.

I don't understand how Jernigan made this squad.....seems like Sinorice Rice v. 2.00

You know I would of loved to have seen Austin develop into the run stopping DT he was projected to be coming out of the draft but in all honesty I like the Giant's track record of releasing players.

His last few preseason games were somewhat promising but I always have to say it was against mostly second team scrubs but still he did show some flashes of talent. Maybe he gets on with a team and they continue to play him and maybe with some game time he becomes a starting DT in the league, just unfortunate that it came at the wrong time for him to show flashes with the Giants.

You know I would of loved to have seen Austin develop into the run stopping DT he was projected to be coming out of the draft but in all honesty I like the Giant's track record of releasing players.

His last few preseason games were somewhat promising but I always have to say it was against mostly second team scrubs but still he did show some flashes of talent. Maybe he gets on with a team and they continue to play him and maybe with some game time he becomes a starting DT in the league, just unfortunate that it came at the wrong time for him to show flashes with the Giants.

The frustrating thing is that he is finally healthy, and was cut before he was able to show what he could do on the field.

Maybe he had a poor camp from an attitude/work ethic/production standpoint.....because letting a young guy go in favor of keeping older guys who have maxxed out their potential does not make a bunch of sense to me.

The frustrating thing is that he is finally healthy, and was cut before he was able to show what he could do on the field.

Maybe he had a poor camp from an attitude/work ethic/production standpoint.....because letting a young guy go in favor of keeping older guys who have maxxed out their potential does not make a bunch of sense to me.

OK, this has nothing to do with anything on the field but.....I was up at camp last year and Austin was injured, not practicing. He bounced around like he was a superstar, laughing and joking on the sideline and blowing off autograph seekers with disdain after practice. Then he jumped into his big white P/U truck, that was jacked way high off the ground and screeched up the campus road, with fans walking around. Campus security went after him and I heard they gave him a ticket, because they had warned him many times in the weeks before. He struck me as an ahole punk.

On the field, those older guys can and will contribute a lot more this season than Austin would have. Austin knew he was at a crossroads this camp and didn't seize the moment. Giants had plenty of time to make a good evaluation. And we still have some young DTs in the mix to develop. It was a good time to cut him loose.

Simply.. the guys who made the team outplayed him... and having read what Gman wrote I say good fucking riddance.