SportsWrath

Is it too early to feel down?

Nas

I am pumped about this season

We have as good a shot as anyone

We are physical and have a lot of impact players.........WTF are you worried about

can you be more specific?

Don't worry JPP will step up and Osi will be back mid-season along with Steve Smith and this Prince character

Don't think it's just one factor.. but for some reason I'm not too optimistic about the season. Am I alone? It maybe other unrelated factors.. but like I said I'm pessimistic.

I certainly understand your jittery feelings thanks to the injuries and Osi's tantrums, but don't throw in the towel yet. We've got some sound rookies and good coaching. Injuries are a big factor of course, but the Giants aren't the only team that is going through that and/or will go through that during the season.

I'm pumped with optimism....but that's just me. I get that way every year. I didn't give up last season until the fucking eagles came back in that game from hell and beat us. I'm surprised I didn't break my TV I was so upset. Barring another late season collapse, the Giants are going to field a solid team this year......so cheer up pal!

I'm literally laughing out loud at that.

what you dont understand about me is I want total NFL domination...........not just a good team

we are a very very good team that no one wants to play

we are not dominant in the sense I want to dominate

I want to kick serious ass of not just the weak.......but the strong

does that clear up your befuddlement?

I am pumped about this season

We have as good a shot as anyone

We are physical and have a lot of impact players.........WTF are you worried about

can you be more specific?

Don't worry JPP will step up and Osi will be back mid-season along with Steve Smith and this Prince character

Good post! I agree I'm pumped up for this season also.

I think we had all our bad breaks last year.....I cannot see any DeSean Jackson run backs beating us in 2011

You live and learn and hopefully the Giants have learned not to relax when you have a 28 point lead

I expect us to build those kinds of leads again this year and protect them.........our offense is as good as it gets, and hopefully this year the defense and special teams catch up to where the O has been for 2 years now

If we can put it together there is no reason we cannot repeat 2007

It will be another 33 years before the Jets or Eagles do. LOL

Don't think it's just one factor.. but for some reason I'm not too optimistic about the season. Am I alone? It maybe other unrelated factors.. but like I said I'm pessimistic.

Now way bro. Im pumped for this season. JPP is gonna blow up. Nicks might end up being top 3 in the league. We have a younger stronger Oline. We have alot of up coming talent. Manning had 4000 last year, and has put in some good work with the boys over the last couple months. From what I hear Cruz is kicking ass and taking names. We have as good a shot as anyone, especialy down the stretch when we get a few guys back.

Im still alittle pissed about the LBer situation though

It pains me to say this.. But I agree with you Nas.

:puke:

:D

honestly, i have a really bad feeling about this season too. i could definitely envision a 5-11 season unfolding. reasons being..... i'm very worried about our LB situation. though our LBs are serviceable, i'm scared to death of teams with RBs coming out of the backfield and TEs lighting us up. if our young DTs don't progress nicely and get us some push up the middle, our d-line is screwed. we have no TEs... might as well bring see if Howard Cross wants to come back for a year. our WR core is banking on a lot of what ifs. yes, i know we're deep at WR, but still..... after Nicks and Manningham, I just don't know. I still would like a kicker that can hit one outside 30 yards. does the OL gel? does Eli stop making stupid, forced, boneheaded throws and start throwing the ball away/not take bad sacks?

that being said, if players progress and things groove like Mr Reese is banking on, we could go 11-5. our OL could be fucking awesome. we may have a FB that can level peeps, and as such, help take pressure off not having a good TE. our secondary should be amazing. Matt Dodge will rise like a phoenix and become the greatest punter in franchise history.

so your predicting 5-11 for a team coming off a disappointing 10-6 season, and some late season fukk ups.....with a rookie punter

hmmmmm

seems to me we have improved in a couple of areas, and we are poised to rip some heads off

I would be disappointed in 11-5

I want to see 13-3 something like that with 3 more wins than last year off a lighter schedule....we play the weak AFC East this year........

Week 9 we get to kick Bellicheck and Brady's axxes again on Nov 2nd in their house......what are the odds "The Hoodie" (Darth Cheater) cannot find Coughlin in the mayhem after the game??

He probably has a full film crew permanently stationed in the Meadowlands Hyatt (paid cash for the entire months of August, Sept and Oct for the NE corner room on the top floor) LOL I'm sure the taste of the "Imperfect Season" still sticks in his craw

Then we get the Fat Axx Loudmouth with the Foot Fetish, who has never won anything as an early Christmas Present on Dec 24th........Buffalo and Miami should be a real challenge........ NOT........If Favre does make a come back I'll bet he finds some contrived medical excuse to sit that one out

Colin Cowshixx thinks the Cowboys are a top ten team and the Giants are not..........you and Colin should compare notes......hes a man of Imperial Conviction :smartass:

Jack: wouldn't be surprised with 5-11 at all. i think this is one season, due to the lock out, that is totally up in the air and anything can happen. we're usually cursed with injuries to begin with, and i think it will be even worse this year. add that to the many Qs we have about this team, which simply cannot be denied, and I'm nervous.

Now way bro. Im pumped for this season. JPP is gonna blow up. Nicks might end up being top 3 in the league. We have a younger stronger Oline. We have alot of up coming talent. Manning had 4000 last year, and has put in some good work with the boys over the last couple months. From what I hear Cruz is kicking ass and taking names. We have as good a shot as anyone, especialy down the stretch when we get a few guys back.

Im still alittle pissed about the LBer situation though

My thoughts and feelings exactly. :TU:

GO GIANTS!!!!!! : :giants:

Defense and Eli. I have no doubt Eli is putting the work in and I expect he will get the turnovers down this year and have a similar pass completion percentage as last year's 62.9%. If worse comes to worse, Hixon is our third receiver and that's not a terrible option. Hopefully we can get Smith in to contribute sometime this year, and it would be even better if one of the young candidates takes a big step forward this year, between Barden, Cruz, Devin Thomas, or Jernigan. Hey, maybe even Duke Calhoun. Practicality says Jernigan will probably just be a special teamer this year, but those other guys have a real opportunity to make a name for themselves this year, especially until Smith is ready to go and under contract with the Giants (which I expect he will be). I think career years from both Nicks and Manningham will happen this year. Like echo said, the OL could be better than ever. There are some new faces so everybody is going to have to be on the same page and feel comfortable working together. That is going to be the challenge, especially with a shortened camp, and no mini-camp or OTA's.

The defense I expect will be even better this year. Amukamara isn't missing the entire season, and even if he was going to, this was largely going to be a redshirt year for him. The media can obsess over the Asomugha, Rodgers-Cromartie, and Asante Samuel over in Philly, but we have it real good with Webster, Thomas, and Aaron Ross. I think Webster is at the top of his game from what I'm reading in these practice reports, and he was already playing at a Pro Bowl level last year. Thomas is ready to break through as well, the guy is primed to have a big year. The thing about us that's different than Philly, is we have KP and Antrel Rolle at safety. Who do they have? Nate Allen and Kurt Coleman? Early reports is that KP is finally fully back from his microfracture surgery, and he is ready to resume his place as one of the top up and coming safeties in the NFL. And Tyler Sash is already making waves.

If JPP is as advertised, we are going to be better than fine. I think our linebackers are going to be good, too. I've always liked Boley. He's still the best pass defender we have in the linebacker crew. Not worried about the SAM on third downs anyway, because most of the time it will just be Boley and Goff out there anyway. But the defense is going to dominate on the strength of that front four and secondary, and boy are they good.

There are questions about TE. I still think something is going to happen with TE before week 1. When rosters get trimmed, maybe something will happen. Or maybe a trade with Osi is going to happen it's just a matter of the timing being right.