SportsWrath

Is it too early to feel down?

Nas

what you dont understand about me is I want total NFL domination...........not just a good team

we are a very very good team that no one wants to play

we are not dominant in the sense I want to dominate

I want to kick serious ass of not just the weak.......but the strong

does that clear up your befuddlement?

I think the Eagles would disagree with you.

I think the Eagles would disagree with you.

You think they look forward to playing the Giants?

down over 20 points with 10 minutes left to play they ran the table.......do you think even they think they could do that again?

No I think the down 20 points was more of an indication of the two teams.......the Vick effect has left the building, they do not impress me at any particular position over their Giant counterparts

The Eagles well know they could lose 2-3 games to the Giants this year............looking at life through the rearview mirror the Eagles record over us is embarrassing, but if you look at the long history of the two teams they do tend to run streaky...........it might be the Eagles turn to lose 6 in a row.

Yes, I think the Eagles look forward to playing us. Not just playing us, but slapping us around like red headed stepchildren.

We shall see about that.......I think you will be shocked by what we do to the Eagles this year.......

Physically they cannot match us

Yes they added a few skill players but that was not their issue.......they did nothing to make me feel intimidated by them.......we will annihilate the Eagles....just watch

I cannot wait for the 1st Eagles Giants game

Football is largely a mental game, and I think the Giants are very eager to re-engage the Eagles.....but for a few fluke plays we would have annihilated them last year

Yes, I think the Eagles look forward to playing us. Not just playing us, but slapping us around like red headed stepchildren.

Rik let's keep it in perspective.. we smashed them last time around.. we shit the bed at the end of the game.

Rik let's keep it in perspective.. we smashed them last time around.. we shit the bed at the end of the game.

Just like a win is a win, a loss is a loss. The Eagles have our number and have done for a few years now. Bastards. Of course I hope Jack's right, but it doesn't look promising and I certainly don't think they fear us so much that they don't want to face us.

Just like a win is a win, a loss is a loss. The Eagles have our number and have done for a few years now. Bastards. Of course I hope Jack's right, but it doesn't look promising and I certainly don't think they fear us so much that they don't want to face us.

take a look at the history of the Giants and Eagles.......its routine for one team to run off 5-6 wins in a row on the other

Its our turn

Ive found that the best way to be a Giants fan is to have zero or even really low expectations coming in to the season. Therefore, you will never be disappointed.

Personally, I think we are on the verge of a pretty big let down of a season. We are talking about a plodding, completely uninspired 2010 team with a coach whose indifference seeps down through his team. Add absolutely no one into the fold to supply competition, spark, or anything other than camp fodder (not talking about the Baas signing or the unknown draftees) and how can anyone argue we are going to be a better than 10-6 team? We haven't improved! We've gotten worse!

Sure, you can talk about cutting down on turnovers and stuff but when the fire isn't there, and it's not, how can anyone feel good about this season?

I would suspect an 8-8 season is on it's way.

Ive found that the best way to be a Giants fan is to have zero or even really low expectations coming in to the season. Therefore, you will never be disappointed.

Personally, I think we are on the verge of a pretty big let down of a season. We are talking about a plodding, completely uninspired 2010 team with a coach whose indifference seeps down through his team. Add absolutely no one into the fold to supply competition, spark, or anything other than camp fodder (not talking about the Baas signing or the unknown draftees) and how can anyone argue we are going to be a better than 10-6 team? We haven't improved! We've gotten worse!

Sure, you can talk about cutting down on turnovers and stuff but when the fire isn't there, and it's not, how can anyone feel good about this season?

I would suspect an 8-8 season is on it's way.

The Giants had and still have a solid team in the first place.. they got better at the OL.. Steve Smith was already written off at least for the season...Boss wasn't exactly a star.. Just who did we lose? Like I said in another thread I'm excited about your D. I think the Giants have the most complete defensive backfield in the league. And the line is easily top 5... The Giants are quiet because they're pissed.. but I love their demeanor. I watch a vid of Tuck answering questions and you can tell he's pissed at the media crowning the eagles already.

The Giants had and still have a solid team in the first place.. they got better at the OL.. Steve Smith was already written off at least for the season...Boss wasn't exactly a star.. Just who did we lose? Like I said in another thread I'm excited about your D. I think the Giants have the most complete defensive backfield in the league. And the line is easily top 5... The Giants are quiet because they're pissed.. but I love their demeanor. I watch a vid of Tuck answering questions and you can tell he's pissed at the media crowning the eagles already.

You're thinking an addition by subtraction deal on the O Line? Baas was a highlight on an awful offensive line...I'm really not very soothed by his signing, and we still didn't replace Seubert.

Boss wasn't a league wide star, but he was a better, more consistent tight end than Jeremy Shockey, and just as dangerous in the pass game. We have ZERO threat from tight end right now. Boss was a BIG loss. The biggest, probably.

We lost a quality defensive starter in Cofield for a couple question mark young guys. We have no defensive tackles worth a damn. None. Canty is medicore. And the two starters we have to choose from after him include two young players who are essentially rookies.

We might have not gotten drastically worse, but we didn't get any better. The lockout hit us at completely the wrong time.

You're thinking an addition by subtraction deal on the O Line? Baas was a highlight on an awful offensive line...I'm really not very soothed by his signing, and we still didn't replace Seubert.

Boss wasn't a league wide star, but he was a better, more consistent tight end than Jeremy Shockey, and just as dangerous in the pass game. We have ZERO threat from tight end right now. Boss was a BIG loss. The biggest, probably.

We lost a quality defensive starter in Cofield for a couple question mark young guys. We have no defensive tackles worth a damn. None. Canty is medicore. And the two starters we have to choose from after him include two young players who are essentially rookies.

We might have not gotten drastically worse, but we didn't get any better. The lockout hit us at completely the wrong time.

Your completely overeacting to the maximum level. We are just as good as last season and can be better without as many turnovers and awful STs so chill. Your not taking player progression into consideration and since there was a logout and we have a similar team that's a big advantage to start the year.

Your completely overeacting to the maximum level. We are just as good as last season and can be better without as many turnovers and awful STs so chill. Your not taking player progression into consideration and since there was a logout and we have a similar team that's a big advantage to start the year.

Okay. Give me your opinion.

Who is going over the middle this year? Not Boss, not SS.

Turnovers are a sign of a bad team and players who are poor at ball control. That doesn't get fixed without either changing players (the best but hardest option) or changing coaches (the easier, cop out option).

I think we are as good or worse than last season. We didn't get any better, personnel wise. You have a weak argument if you try to come back with how we're better personnel wise. Experience wise, we might improve, and who knows, that could be all the difference. I personally don't think that will be the difference between 12-4 and 10-6 but that is yet to be seen. I don't think it's overreacting to objectively debate that a team hasn't improved talent wise, roster wide......the Giants have not. Despite what Pat Hanlon weakly and sarcastically says.

Turnovers are a sign of a bad team and players who are poor at ball control. That doesn't get fixed without either changing players (the best but hardest option) or changing coaches (the easier, cop out option).

I think we are as good or worse than last season. We didn't get any better, personnel wise. You have a weak argument if you try to come back with how we're better personnel wise. Experience wise, we might improve, and who knows, that could be all the difference. I personally don't think that will be the difference between 12-4 and 10-6 but that is yet to be seen. I don't think it's overreacting to objectively debate that a team hasn't improved talent wise, roster wide......the Giants have not. Despite what Pat Hanlon weakly and sarcastically says.

We had a Stellar draft IMO and I honestly believe out of Cruz, JJ, Hixon, Thomas, Barden and even Reynaud that atleast 1 of them can take a big step up to the plate for us and hit a grandslam. JJ is a rock and electric, Hixon always flashed ability and maybe he steps up, Thomas is a man on a mission with talent Cruz is overated by many but we all for a glimpse of what he is capable of, and from what I here Reynaud looks like a new man. Duke Calhoun should be cut asap though I hate him.

Tight end is a concern for sure but not as big a concern as alot think. Pascoe can block, Beckum can catch and maybe he steps up as a half decent blocker in year 3. 3rd safety is also a little questionable.

We had a Stellar draft IMO and I honestly believe out of Cruz, JJ, Hixon, Thomas, Barden and even Reynaud that atleast 1 of them can take a big step up to the plate for us and hit a grandslam. JJ is a rock and electric, Hixon always flashed ability and maybe he steps up, Thomas is a man on a mission with talent Cruz is overated by many but we all for a glimpse of what he is capable of, and from what I here Reynaud looks like a new man. Duke Calhoun should be cut asap though I hate him.

Tight end is a concern for sure but not as big a concern as alot think. Pascoe can block, Beckum can catch and maybe he steps up as a half decent blocker in year 3. 3rd safety is also a little questionable.

I'm not too worried about the wide receiver position, we have excelled with less. Beckum might be the player we want him to be to replace Boss. Who knows.

So did Deon Grant get cut or did he opt to sign somewhere else, or what?

I'm not too worried about the wide receiver position, we have excelled with less. Beckum might be the player we want him to be to replace Boss. Who knows.

So did Deon Grant get cut or did he opt to sign somewhere else, or what?

Idk what Happend to Grant, I really wanted him back for another year since he was real solid for us but I'm pretty sure nobody hasad an offer to him including us.

Well, the sky is not falling. But Boss was a big loss. Beckum can not replace Boss. That's not to say Beckum won't surprise some people. I saw an interview with Coach Pope (TE's coach) and he was talking about Beckum and his blocking. Pope was saying that because Beckum is only 230 lbs, he's NOT going to be able to block a 270 lb DE, for example. He's working on technique with him but being that he is at such a size disadvantage, it will be very difficult to have him block on the end of the offensive line. Talked about putting him in the slot, using him as an H back out of the backfield, those kinds of things. Also stressed getting creative with formations to have him in there on run plays so that his presence isn't broadcasting to the defense that the Giants are about to pass.

Beckum is not a combo TE, so it presents a lot of challenges. He can do some good things in the receiving game, blocking outside and such, but he's not going to be effective as a blocker by the tackle, Pope was pretty clear on that.

I do think this team is a good team and can win a lot of games. The reason why is that this defense has a chance to be outstanding. Anytime you have a tremendous defense and a good QB, you can get to the playoffs and make some noise.

But I do share Storm's concern regarding the loss of Boss and Smith. I do think if we don't get a combo TE at some point, it's going to be a big priority in the draft next year.

Where I disagree with Storm is that there are players like Hixon that have made big contributions before, and there is a good chance that one of the other players that have already been mentioned, will step up and provide a bigger threat as the third receiver.

Also, Storm, you said we didn't replace Seubert, but we did. Diehl is Seubert's replacement. I think that is pretty damn good. Beatty is at LT and so far has done well. The right side stays the same. We also have quality depth with Stacy Andrews, Kevin Boothe (as an interior lineman he's done very well), Adam Koets (good backup C), and I also like Mitch Petrus, and James Brewer shows promise.

It's not like we're not gonna have a tight end.. we will.. and he will command coverage.. Bear Pascoe is very serviceable.. if I'm not mistaken he played very well last year.. better than Boss even. And we will have a 3rd WR....we're talking a 3rd receiver here not a 1st... I think we so few new faces our team needs a lot less time to jell whereas the Eagles got their work cut out for them...

It's not like we're not gonna have a tight end.. we will.. and he will command coverage.. Bear Pascoe is very serviceable.. if I'm not mistaken he played very well last year.. better than Boss even. And we will have a 3rd WR....we're talking a 3rd receiver here not a 1st... I think we so few new faces our team needs a lot less time to jell whereas the Eagles got their work cut out for them...

I wouldn't say that, Nas, Bear was pretty much a full-time fullback last year. He is not as good as a receiver as Boss is and Beckum is not as good a blocker. It's hard to ask two players to do the job that one guy did. I think we have to make a move to get a TE in the fold. First they will see what's out there when teams trim rosters. As far as the 3rd receiver goes, it's critical in today's game and even moreso in our division. The Eagles are throwing Nnamdi, DRC, and Asante Samuel at the top 3 corners. We have to have a guy somewhere that can create a mismatch. Again, though, I put a lot of faith in Eli and think he can turn this rag tag bunch into big time players! I am concerned, however, that the most veteran receiver we have now is Manningham... Bring Amani back as a special asst coach!

If our OC used the TE for pass catching this might have more meaning...........he rarely called Boss's number and since so many Giants fans on here are concussion concerned......they probably did not want the concussion prone Boss on the roster anyway

Boss is a few more hits from Palookaville........he should protect himself better but that big head of his is a large target

35 catches, 531 yards, and a respectable 5 TD's with a nice 15.2 avg last year, in pretty much 14 games. No, they don't go to the TE a lot with the pass, but the threat is there, and defenses still had to respect Boss, or he would burn them. I think Beckum could command that respect as a receiver, but if he can't be an effective blocker in the run game then it makes defending the Giants easier. When Beckum is not in the game, they can put a safety in the box, put a run blitz on, and still have over the top coverage with the other safety and defend the underneath stuff one on one, since Pascoe and Ballard aren't exactly seam busters. When Beckum IS in the game, they can go nickel coverage and take their chances against the run, with an inferior blocker in Beckum on the field. I'm confident that they can get creative with some new plays including some quick hitters out of the backfield and compensate. Hynoski is a very good receiver, and Bradshaw is a threat too. They can also have Beckum run block from the H Back and have him run some patterns from that position. Beckum is really the wild card here. As much of a liability he is as a blocker, he has to be that much more of an offensive weapon as a receiver to make this work.

Judging from last season, this offseason, and preseason game #1, I'm very down on this team.

Our special teams flat out suck, our offense has taken a step backward, and the only killer instinct our defense has shown is killing huge Giant leads.

I think 6-10 is a fair prediction. Hope I'm wrong.