SportsWrath

Is it too early to feel down?

Nas

I was very happy after Saturday nights game

I saw some young players that really excited me, and thats what the 1st pre-season game is about- lets see what the new guys can do

a good number of the new guys were very good

Devin Thomas made the team.........as did Sage Rosenfels

JPP......I want to see him do it in real games.....I liked what I saw but Osi did it last year, all year long in real games

On the negative side i was not impressed with Tynes (never have been)

Dodge on the other hand looked much better than last year

Eli looked rusty, the O-Line has to do better......whatever

Its Pre-Season and a lot of smart veterans like Tuck just went through the motions to avoid injury

Ok I'll take the bait

Rosenfels looked far far better than the $10 million man

If we have a better short yardage receiver than Devin Thomas.........name him

please dont say Hixon......Hixon drops a lot of passes

Manningham and Nicks job is to stretch the field......if you make one of them the slot guy they will bring the entire D in and smother us

Yeah I'd say its too early to feel down......but suit yourself :rolleyes:

The thing that amuses me the most is all the media attention to the Jets, the Eagles, and the Cowboys.......the Giants quietly, like the Steelers go about their business of building a team that can win it all......no hype

Yeah I'd say its too early to feel down......but suit yourself :rolleyes:

The thing that amuses me the most is all the media attention to the Jets, the Eagles, and the Cowboys.......the Giants quietly, like the Steelers go about their business of building a team that can win it all......no hype

Jack, can you spare some of that TRT cream? :P

I stopped using it.......it raised my blood pressure through the roof

I guess I'll have to do things the old fashioned way- diet and exercize

do u have high blood pressure issues to begin with?

You know I look and feel a lot younger than 64 so I'll take each day and year as it comes......unlike a lot of people on here I lived through the awful years.....the Pisarchek years "Paterson Plank Joe".......The Allie Sherman years

I've seen a lot of up and downs.....In my opinion this team, on paper, is one of the finest we have ever had.

We need to avoid injuries, and we need a few rookies and free agents to step up to get back into the big dance.

We.... could......... go.............. all......... the........... way.............

Not many teams can say this

The Pats

The Steelers

all right The Eagles (but they are cursed)

The Packers

San Diego

Thats about it......we are a top 5 top 6 team going into the season and after 50 yrs of watching the Giants I'll take it

Thats all you can ask in this league of parity where on any given day any team can beat any other.

I can't say I'm too optimistic. Beat the Eagles week 3. That game could very well set the tone for the entire season. Given what we saw in that debacle last time and the offseason moves, I have no rational reason right now to think the Giants can do that. I despise the Eagles but a lot of that vitriol has turned to disappointment in my own team for constantly playing second fiddle to their biggest rival. They have to get this monkey off their back. Call that Eagle comeback a fluke if you want but 6 in a row sure as hell isn't.

I can't say I'm too optimistic. Beat the Eagles week 3. That game could very well set the tone for the entire season. Given what we saw in that debacle last time and the offseason moves, I have no rational reason right now to think the Giants can do that. I despise the Eagles but a lot of that vitriol has turned to disappointment in my own team for constantly playing second fiddle to their biggest rival. They have to get this monkey off their back. Call that Eagle comeback a fluke if you want but 6 in a row sure as hell isn't.

I definitely feel the heat of the battle here. This is shaping it out to be the firecest rivalry in the NFL... streak be damned... We out played them to a great extent.. we let them come back on us... but we were the better team for 80% of the game... but I share your feelings.. but I'm praying... I can see a positive in having a stable organization... the Eagles' new players still have to settle in.. and chemistry may not even develop... Our D needs to settle down because it has the capacity to defend against anyone... I wish we had settled our LB need but I understand the Giants just didn't find someone worth pursuing... and the draft hasn't been too friendly to us.. remember Oakland took the linebacker? How is he doing btw?

Anyway not to rant fruther.. I feel you but I chose to be more optimistic.. Just tell Eli he's more accurate when he puts zip behind the ball.. and let it rip. GO GIANTS!!! :giants:

Nas stop being a dick and respect your elders.

I respect Jack a great deal he's like the crazy yet cool uncle I never had. Love ya Jack!!! :P

Edit: Jack reminds me of my ex's father in law. I was mad young (teens) and this girl (officially my first gf :wub: ) she had a cute face but her boobs and ass were godsend. her step dad used to take me with him on errands.. most of the time he's driving drunk... and i'm just the intimidated skinny teenager... the dude wasn't a bad dude.. he was just a drunk... and the fuckin shot gun would slide on the van's floor back and forth as he either hit the brake violontly or step on the gas.. dude had a heavy foot. So rph if you're reading this.. the dude was a redneck.. and they embraced me like im their son. My gf's mom used to call me to ask how I was doing.. and how they missed me :(. That was in Tennessee doc :).

Anyway.. sorry about the rant.. what's this thread about? :unsure:

I respect Jack a great deal he's like the crazy yet cool uncle I never had. Love ya Jack!!! :P

Edit: Jack reminds me of my ex's father in law. I was mad young (teens) and this girl (officially my first gf :wub: ) she had a cute face but her boobs and ass were godsend. her step dad used to take me with him on errands.. most of the time he's driving drunk... and i'm just the intimidated skinny teenager... the dude wasn't a bad dude.. he was just a drunk... and the fuckin shot gun would slide on the van's floor back and forth as he either hit the brake violontly or step on the gas.. dude had a heavy foot. So rph if you're reading this.. the dude was a redneck.. and they embraced me like im their son. My gf's mom used to call me to ask how I was doing.. and how they missed me :(. That was in Tennessee doc :).

Anyway.. sorry about the rant.. what's this thread about? :unsure:

Its about the fact we are going to KICK the Eagles asses to Kingdom Come........they did NOTHING to improve their line play.....all this BS is about skill positions........they already had skill players......stocking up on WRs does not win SBs

They are going to get a severe beat down.........There will be no miracle come backs.....Eli will not be sliding face first.....their luck has run out.....If they were poker players I'd tell them its time to count your chips and go home

Its about the fact we are going to KICK the Eagles asses to Kingdom Come........they did NOTHING to improve their line play.....all this BS is about skill positions........they already had skill players......stocking up on WRs does not win SBs

They are going to get a severe beat down.........There will be no miracle come backs.....Eli will not be sliding face first.....their luck has run out.....If they were poker players I'd tell them its time to count your chips and go home

Yea that was atrocious lol

You know I look and feel a lot younger than 64 so I'll take each day and year as it comes......unlike a lot of people on here I lived through the awful years.....the Pisarchek years "Paterson Plank Joe".......The Allie Sherman years

I've seen a lot of up and downs.....In my opinion this team, on paper, is one of the finest we have ever had.

We need to avoid injuries, and we need a few rookies and free agents to step up to get back into the big dance.

We.... could......... go.............. all......... the........... way.............

Not many teams can say this

The Pats

The Steelers

all right The Eagles (but they are cursed)

The Packers

San Diego

Thats about it......we are a top 5 top 6 team going into the season and after 50 yrs of watching the Giants I'll take it

Thats all you can ask in this league of parity where on any given day any team can beat any other.

I think Jack makes too many threads about trivial stuff but I also really like you, Jack. I could talk football and Giants history with you all day. I know sometimes I make fun of you but it's all in fun. Same with Osi, it's just fun to mock him, he makes it so easy. But I like Osi. He's my 3rd favorite pothead of all time.

You left some teams off your list, though, on Super Bowl contending teams.

Ravens

Falcons (they won 13 games last year but nobody gives them any credit)

Jets

Saints

And call me crazy, I think the Texans could make a run this year. They improved their defense, and they have a high-powered offense. And even though they are going to a 3-4 from a 4-3 defense, Wade Phillips is a good coordinator and I it could work... they are also getting Brian Cushing and I believe Demeco Ryans back from injuries. A lot will depend on how fast the players can adjust to the 3-4. Jonathan Joseph was a great move for them, and drafting Brandon Harris for that nickel corner was also a very good pick.

The Giants Eagles series has always been streaky since the Buddy Ryan era.....6 is about the limit though.

I think Fassel beat them 6 or 7 times in a row

The worm is about to turn, its our turn now

Can't wait to watch a bunch of talented Giants sitting on the sideline while a bunch of fucking scrubs get cornholed.

This fucking sucks.

I'm not going to even think about this fucking team until the regular season. I can't read/watch this shit anymore.