Eli vs RGIII

Treehugger

Completion %: Eli 58.6%, RGIII 60.1%

Pass Yards: Eli 3254, RGIII 3203

Rush Yards: Eli 38, RGIII 489

TDs: Eli 16, RGIII 16

INT: Eli 20, RGIII 12

Fumbles Lost: Eli 2, RGIII 4

Very similar stats, though RGIII gets more yards total, and turns it over less. Though RGIII is getting benched and Eli is starter-for-life.

yeah, but RGIII is playing in a remedial offense... when he gets a pass off, his numbers should look real good on a per play basis.

I'm a big numbers guy, but the more I've come to understand the game of football, the more I've come to disregard most statistics. Especially QB stats.

Throw up the % of offensive snaps in which the two played or the amount of time each missed due to injury stats...pretty sure that's part of where Eli makes his buck.

I'm not totally defending Eli here, because he's played pretty poorly, and I do believe we need to give Nassib some time here at the end of the season to play at NFL speed and get some valuable experience. But that's a fine line to walk for the sake of the perspective from the rest of the team. In other words, how to you get your backup experience and still convince the rest of the team to go out and play hard (i.e. not mail it in).

But getting back to the topic, RG3 and Eli are vastly different QBs who both have the ability to lead their team to wins. RG3 takes far more risks regarding his own health than Eli, thereby giving the Giants a much more consistent output.

I'd take Eli any day over RG3...

snyder is in looooove with griffin. i think they'll trade cousins if he plays well

That's the only problem, Snyder has a rager for Rg3.

Cousins is by far the better QB for the Shanahan system but Snyder will basically throw the entire coaching staff under the bus just to Rg3 can sell tickets and jerseys.

That's the only problem, Snyder has a rager for Rg3.

Cousins is by far the better QB for the Shanahan system but Snyder will basically throw the entire coaching staff under the bus just to Rg3 can sell tickets and jerseys.

...speaking of selling tickets and jerseys, is Bruce Smith still available?