84 replies to this topic

#76 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

One Winged Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,715 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:11 PM

Wait a minute there hoss... All Giants fans cared about is what Beckam did on the field. Why the double standard for TO? 

...you DID follow his career in Philly, right?  Beckham wasn't a fraction of the shitty teammate Owens was. 

#77 Nas

Nas

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,985 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:18 PM

...you DID follow his career in Philly, right?  Beckham wasn't a fraction of the shitty teammate Owens was. 

Yet...

Bekham does stupid shit here and there we tend to overlook... but when you add 'em all up, you start to wonder where the fuck is this kid heading.   

#78 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

One Winged Angel

• Members
  • 19,715 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:28 PM

Yet...

Bekham does stupid shit here and there we tend to overlook... but when you add 'em all up, you start to wonder where the fuck is this kid heading.   

This is not an apples-to-apples comparison.    People forget what a fucking asshole this guy was. 

#79 Nas

Nas

Legend

• Members
  • 60,985 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:32 PM

This is not an apples-to-apples comparison.    People forget what a fucking asshole this guy was. 

He was a jackass for sure... but he also played on rival teams while OBJ was ours... so there may have been a bit of bias on our part and even then I don't think OBJ is anywhere near the jackass TO was...

#80 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

One Winged Angel

• Members
  • 19,715 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:14 PM

Yeah, those antics are annoying, but show me the time OBJ has called out Eli for missing him on a pass.  Find the quote where he bitched that he didn't get the ball enough.  Where has he called out Ben McAdoofus for a shitty game plan or the O-line for getting his QB killed back there? The guy is a good teammate.  He has lots to bitch about but keeps his mouth shut.  Plus, he's gotten in trouble with the law zero times... can all-world WR and NFL Today star Randy Moss say that? 

For the production he's had on this sad-sack offense, I'll deal with kicking nets and idiot TD celebrations any day of the week.  

All those things I wrote about last year are pretty much what T.O. did on a week-to-week basis.  The guy was a great talent but one of the worst teammates I could imagine.  When Beckham starts calling out his coach and teammates, takes two weeks off practice then has a workout in his driveway, fist-fights a team leader and blames his QB for losing the Super Bowl it will be a fair comparison.  Beckham is a bit of a headcase... Owens was a dick. 

#81 CrazedDogs

CrazedDogs

All-Star

• Members
  • 19,947 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:38 PM

….but to be fair, McNabb did lose the Super Bowl for the Eagles. His nerves and poor conditioning were the difference in that game. 

#82 Herc

Herc

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,544 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:20 PM

Plus he sucked

#83 BlueInCanada

BlueInCanada

All-Star

• Members
  • 16,495 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:14 AM

Plus he sucked

I think Dak is going to have a career similar to McNabb.

A lot of talent, can play well, just can't seem to pull it all together and reach the QB they could be.

#84 fringe

fringe

Legend

• Members
  • 34,521 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:20 AM

Plus he sucked

He kicked our ass fairly regularly. I thought he was a a plus player.

#85 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

One Winged Angel

• Members
  • 19,715 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:03 PM

He kicked our ass fairly regularly. I thought he was a a plus player.

Five Pro Bowls, no?  Back when they actually meant something? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users