SportsWrath

Do the Giants just have bad injury luck, or is it shitty drafting?

Sephiroth

DEPTH

I know an idiot who claims if we had Jennings in, we would have won that game.

Might have made a very small difference, running behind that shit show of a line.

Still, we don't go in with Hillis and Cox as depth either.

I'm over it.

I'm not sure all the injuries are just bad luck.

But come on guys, 'depth'? I don't think there's a team in the league (these days) that can weather the number of injuries the Giants have sustained the last couple seasons. The teams that win are the ones that stay relatively healthy.

I'm not sure all the injuries are just bad luck.

But come on guys, 'depth'? I don't think there's a team in the league (these days) that can weather the number of injuries the Giants have sustained the last couple seasons. The teams that win are the ones that stay relatively healthy.

That's true but when the secondary is hurting, the vaunted DL you'd think would take some pressure off. Fact is, we're not very good healthy.

Every team has injuries. In the NFL, you just scrape them off the carpet and get the next guy. It's depth that counts.

Depth is indeed a huge factor.. but also something out our conditioning tells me something needs to change... seeing how the Eagles were just flying and just the speed some other teams seem to play at makes us look like we're stuck in 2nd gear.

Every team has injuries. In the NFL, you just scrape them off the carpet and get the next guy. It's depth that counts.

That's the problem the Giants have, "next man up" doesn't compute.

And I have to say, getting nailed by injuries 3 or 4 times in a decade of coaching, OK, that's a little flukey. Get nailed by injuries nearly every year in a decade of coaching, you've got a serious problem on your hands that needs addressed.

That's true but when the secondary is hurting, the vaunted DL you'd think would take some pressure off. Fact is, we're not very good healthy.

Truth. Lots of holes on the roster, and that includes the 'vaunted DL', which doesn't have enough rushers to come from both sides anymore.

Its hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel too... I see maybe two keepers on the offensive line, and that includes Pugh who has had a terrible sophomore season. Wide receiver is a weakness if Cruz doesn't come back at 100%. The "linebackers".....HAHAHAhahaha..ha...ha.... okay, its not funny, they're just sad. Outside of maybe Kennard, maybe, there isn't a single guy worth keeping in that group. At least there are two very good cornerbacks on the roster, and the defensive line is still good although it isn't even remotely what it was in 2007.

Truth. Lots of holes on the roster, and that includes the 'vaunted DL', which doesn't have enough rushers to come from both sides anymore.

Its hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel too... I see maybe two keepers on the offensive line, and that includes Pugh who has had a terrible sophomore season. Wide receiver is a weakness if Cruz doesn't come back at 100%. The "linebackers".....HAHAHAhahaha..ha...ha.... okay, its not funny, they're just sad. Outside of maybe Kennard, maybe, there isn't a single guy worth keeping in that group. At least there are two very good cornerbacks on the roster, and the defensive line is still good although it isn't even remotely what it was in 2007.

You know.. the DL isn't as bad as it has performed... on paper at least we're missing a really good DE opposite of JPP... the DL is made up of JPP, Hankins, Bromely, and (the missing piece). For depth, Patterson and Ayers are very good too... So while there's room for improvment, we have one good LB in McClain and he isn't fit to be a MLB... the CBs just need to get healthy... although at safety we may need an overhaul.

Herself ... Payless... Ja'can't... should be on the practice squads of the Raiders... :P

You know, why does it have to be one or the other? Can't it just be both?

Can't we just agree Jerry Reese has shitty drafts, and also the players that make the team all end up injured?

I don't know why we can't find some middle ground, here.

Good question.

I think scouting and drafting play a part....we have guys who are currently injured, or who washed out, that had injury histories in college. Reese has also drafted some guys strictly on their athletic upside, as opposed to their college history. He often dreams of the "what if" scenario v. the "what has this guy done" stats.

I think they also need to take an exhaustive look at their strength/conditioning progam. Some injuries simply can't be avoided....if an opponent goes for your knees, all the pushups and nutrition in the world won't help you.

But fatigue affects form, and sometimes injuries are a result of poor form. A guy who is playing with perfect form and full awareness is less likely to sustain an injury than a guy showing bad form and lack of awareness.

Additionally, I think conditioning can play a part in how quickly a player returns from injury, and how quickly they regain top shape.