SportsWrath

I say Fewell is gone next year

MikeGL

Yeah because hiring a coach who hasn't sniffed a serious coaching position in 3 years would be brilliant.

He was good when he was here... we all hated it when he left... and ANYONE is better than the inept dude we now have.

You practice during the week for this purpose. Coaches don't like what they see in practice

I find it very hard to believe that Moore is showing less in practice than Kiwi.

I also note that Schwartz was an immediate and obvious upgrade to Pugh at right tackle.

Remember Shaun O'Hara at the end of his career? Letting him play out the season when there was an obvious improvement on the bench killed that season.

I admire a lot about Coughlin's loyal approach, but its a running joke that established players get to play themselves out of a job and then keep playing until the front office steps in. The man lives and dies with his opening day depth chart.

I find it very hard to believe that Moore is showing less in practice than Kiwi.

I also note that Schwartz was an immediate and obvious upgrade to Pugh at right tackle.

Remember Shaun O'Hara at the end of his career? Letting him play out the season when there was an obvious improvement on the bench killed that season.

I admire a lot about Coughlin's loyal approach, but its a running joke that established players get to play themselves out of a job and then keep playing until the front office steps in. The man lives and dies with his opening day depth chart.

Jesus...its like the opening verses of Genesis when you wrote that last sentence.... "let there be LIGHT...." Indeed. ;)

The D gave up only 11 points and got 7 sacks. D was not the problem.

The D is as much a problem as any other part of this team--that's 2 consecutive games we had the lead before the opponent's last possession.

The offense did stink up the field in the second half, but they did regain the lead. And it doesn't excuse the defense for being completely unable to stop any offense from marching down the field.

The D is as much a problem as any other part of this team--that's 2 consecutive games we had the lead before the opponent's last possession.

The offense did stink up the field in the second half, but they did regain the lead. And it doesn't excuse the defense for being completely unable to stop any offense from marching down the field.

Sorry fish but that's just crazy. ANY team should be able to win if the D plays like ours did on Sunday, and regaining less than a FG lead with time on the clock is hardly putting us in a winning position. As Coughlin said, we would have had a better chance of winning if the offense had just taken knees the entire second half. They didn't just stink it up,they literally gave the game away.

Sorry fish but that's just crazy. ANY team should be able to win if the D plays like ours did on Sunday, and regaining less than a FG lead with time on the clock is hardly putting us in a winning position. As Coughlin said, we would have had a better chance of winning if the offense had just taken knees the entire second half. They didn't just stink it up,they literally gave the game away.

Once again, the Defense allowed the opponent to roll down the field for game winning points.

Our defense sucks, by virtually every metric available.

It has sucked the majority of the 5 seasons that Fewell has been here.

Tree, in a bubble, you're right. As I said, the offense stunk up the field in the second half. I'm not faulting the defense for losing the big lead. That would be crazy.

But where has that one, crucial stop that has to be made been all season? Even when the offense, through some miracle of happenstance, gets us in a position where we have a shot to win, we give up a long drive, at best. Everytime I hear an announcer say "this is the game" and the defense is on the field, I know they'll lie down like dogs.

This isn't just this one game, this is a pattern that has been going on over multiple games, in multiple seasons.

you have to be perfect on every possession, tree

No, but coming through in turning points of a game a little more than never would be nice.

I swear, some of you guys could watch Fewell gnaw on the skull of a newborn on the sidelines, and find a way to defend him.

11 points given up and 7 sacks defends itself. Fewell has rolled out more than his share of shitty performances but this wasn't one of them.

We are talking about the Jaguars, here. I won't call them the worst team in the league, because at this point, we're right there in the running. But who on that offense scared you?

Yet when push came to shove, the defense wound up on their collective ass, again. It should never have gotten to that point, but it did. At the beginning of the season, I said that the defense would have to come through for this team to have even a chance--this was one of the moments I was talking about. That hasn't happened once this season. And it's happened precious few times in five freaking years!

If the defense had come through that one series, I would be saying that they saved the game for us. I'm in no way, shape, or form saying that the offense played well.

Tree, in a bubble, you're right. As I said, the offense stunk up the field in the second half. I'm not faulting the defense for losing the big lead. That would be crazy.

But where has that one, crucial stop that has to be made been all season? Even when the offense, through some miracle of happenstance, gets us in a position where we have a shot to win, we give up a long drive, at best. Everytime I hear an announcer say "this is the game" and the defense is on the field, I know they'll lie down like dogs.

This isn't just this one game, this is a pattern that has been going on over multiple games, in multiple seasons.

No, but coming through in turning points of a game a little more than never would be nice.

I swear, some of you guys could watch Fewell gnaw on the skull of a newborn on the sidelines, and find a way to defend him.

I could take or leave fewell--mostly leave--but I don't think it's fair to blame the defense for this loss

And the jags shouldn't have had as much time as they did. Throwing on 2nd and 3rd down when we're in chip shot range? Did we learn nothing from that Philly game a year or two ago?

Could it be the Giants were trying to lose the game anyway... you know I saw guys out there we rarely see... so we know the season is in the shitter... let's see what the young guys can do... and wink wink.. try to "win".

Could it be the Giants were trying to lose the game anyway... you know I saw guys out there we rarely see... so we know the season is in the shitter... let's see what the young guys can do... and wink wink.. try to "win".

You keep pushing that in here :laugh: If they lose this game, I'd say you're 100% right though.

And the jags shouldn't have had as much time as they did. Throwing on 2nd and 3rd down when we're in chip shot range? Did we learn nothing from that Philly game a year or two ago?

Obviously not Herc... I had forgotten about the beginning of our trend of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory... with Opie going aww shucks... :D