SportsWrath

Welcome to the #7 overall draft pick 2015

gmenroc

Thought the game was televised here...sat down to watch...it wasn't televised...read/followed the play-by-play...was happy it wasn't televised.

Good thing they're on Sunday night...we all know they bring out their best football for those prime time games.

I liked to know why NBC didn't flex that game out

Don't know why everyone wants OT...we don't need an OT. Also, I don't think one is worth taking in the top ten

You think Beatty and Pugh are doing well? haha. At least one of the four top OTs will climb up to the top 10 (right now, they're all rated as top 20 calibur). Schwartz can slide in and is better at Guard, where we also have need.

You think Beatty and Pugh are doing well? haha. At least one of the four top OTs will climb up to the top 10 (right now, they're all rated as top 20 calibur). Schwartz can slide in and is better at Guard, where we also have need.

Additionally on Beatty, Giants gave him a big contract and reports are, they're able to get out of it this offseason. If we're able to land a top OT and reduce Beatty to a backup role (or another FA OT to a backup role), we could save cap space AND potentially improve the offensive line at the same time.

Don't know why everyone wants OT...we don't need an OT. Also, I don't think one is worth taking in the top ten

First, folks want offensive line help and interior offensive linemen don't go top 10 where we'll be picking. So they automatically think OT because they do go top 10.

Secondly, our whole line has played like shit at one point or another this season. Beatty got a big contract, has not necessarily earned it, and I've read where the Giants can escape the larger part of his contract by releasing him this offseason at some point. If we can get an OT in round 1 that we think would be better than Beatty - then it could be beneficial for the line and the salary cap. Pugh has had a sophomore slump.

Beatty is rated has the 7th best left tackle in the NFL by PFF. Interior line is where they need help. Switch Richburg, draft a left guard and have Schwartz or Mosely play RG and the loser of the battle backs up at multiple positions

First, folks want offensive line help and interior offensive linemen don't go top 10 where we'll be picking. So they automatically think OT because they do go top 10.

Secondly, our whole line has played like shit at one point or another this season. Beatty got a big contract, has not necessarily earned it, and I've read where the Giants can escape the larger part of his contract by releasing him this offseason at some point. If we can get an OT in round 1 that we think would be better than Beatty - then it could be beneficial for the line and the salary cap. Pugh has had a sophomore slump.

That's the thing I don't think there's a guy there that's going to be plug and play. Releasing Beatty just opens another need and we then have a 21 year old protecting Eli's blindside

I haven't gotten into looking at offensive line talent on the college level just yet to know what's there other than basic rankings. So I don't want to assign positions to draft picks just yet. As for Beatty, I'd shoot to rework his deal long before I outright cut him. I think he's good enough to be a Giant, but I don't pretend that he's not upgradeable.

I still think you could go Beatty-Schwartz-Richburg-Pugh-draft pick as well if one of the blue chip OTs were available.

I'd rather a blue chip Guard. Beatty got off to a bad start but has been fine recently, and you just saw what happened when Pugh left the game. Neither has been bad in a while (though Pugh had one stinker). I agree that those two aren't the major problem.

I'd rather a blue chip Guard. Beatty got off to a bad start but has been fine recently, and you just saw what happened when Pugh left the game. Neither has been bad in a while (though Pugh had one stinker). I agree that those two aren't the major problem.

So you get a top guard in 2nd round...where do you go in the first?

So you get a top guard in 2nd round...where do you go in the first?

In a perfect world, a Linebacker.....but if there isn't one with a 1st round grade available when we're up, BPA or trade down.

i want the best non-rb player available. the team requires talent, not needs

Isn't a lack of talent the same as a need? I think given how high we'll likely be picking, I have to believe we'll have the opportunity to evaluate which area on our team is most lacking of talent and be most in need.

i don't want to pass on a potential superstar wide receiver in favor of a potential pro-bowl linebacker because we took beckham last season

I get that, but at some point, if you have WRs who can play, maybe not dominant, but can play....and you have no linebackers worth a damn...you have to make the call to go linebacker despite that flashy new toy for the offense. If that involves trading down to get value out of the picks, so be it...but my point is that you can't ignore glaring holes on draft day.

i don't want to pass on a potential superstar wide receiver in favor of a potential pro-bowl linebacker because we took beckham last season

Yep WR is my 1st round pick and since the Dallas game I think the most evident thing is lack of playmaker other than Beckham. I want Cooper, White or Strong. Leaning towards Kevin White

I think we'll finish 8-8 and really piss me off. We'll beat either Cowboys or Philly (both home games). We'll beat the Jaguars, Redskins and Tenn.

I don't see how... Both Philadelphia and Dallas are the real deal and TN and DC are no push over....

I want an OT because I think Pugh will be average at best there but has potential to be a probowl caliber G. Beatty is playing well enough to keep at LT but if we get a guy now he can play RT until we move on from Beatty in a few years then switch to the left side. Pugh and Schwartz at guard and Richburg at C with a legit RT strengthens our line in one move.

No offense guys, but we don't even know who's going to survive this fiasco of a season. It wouldn't surprise me if the entire coaching staff is blown up, and at that point, all bets are off.

I wouldn't even be shocked if there was a major shakeup in the front office.

At that point, you're talking completely different priorities to drafting, and there's no way to tell what they would be.

Right now I think the safe money is on a WR that early, since we don't know where the defense is going (so a DE might not be as high a priority) and a guard isn't really worthy of that high of a pick.

Fish, I don't see us going WR again especially with the state of both lines... BPA yes but a fatass indeed. Regardless if who the coach is we're getting killed in the trenches... Dallas went back to what got them championships in the 90s and now have a dominant OL that was atrocious not too long ago.