SportsWrath

Danny Langsdorf:New QB coach

Bigblue25

Giants to name Oregon State offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf new QB coach

SPORTS FBN-PACKERS-GIANTS 21 HK.jpg

Eli Manning has a new quarterbacks coach.

on January 24, 2014 at 8:27 PM, updated January 24, 2014 at 8:42 PM

By Connor Orr

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Giants have hired Oregon State offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf to be their new quarterbacks coach, a league source with knowledge of the situation confirmed. The person requested anonymity because the move has not been made official.

Sports Illustrated first reported the news.

Langsdorf, 41, was on the Saints' coaching staff alongside new offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo back in 2004 before McAdoo followed Mike McCarthy to San Francisco.

The son of Chargers scout Ed Langsdorf, Danny has been with Oregon State since the 2005 season.

Langsdorf was a collegiate quarterback at Boise State and Linfield (Oregon) College.

The move comes at a time of massive change on the Giants coaching staff. Tight ends coach Mike Pope and running backs coach Jerald Ingram were let go last week. Sean Ryan, the team's current quarterbacks coach, will likely be reassigned, according to a person familiar with the situation.

Neither Ryan nor Kevin M. Gilbride, the current wide receivers coach, will be let go, a second person with knowledge of the situation said. Ryan was previously the team's wide receivers coach before moving to the QB job, which fueled some speculation that Gilbride was in trouble.

More to come...

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/01/giants_to_name_oregon_state_offensive_coordinator_danny_langsdorf.html

They are going heavy on the qb coaches, are they trying to reinvent eli or groom his replacement?

Probably both, try to bring Eli back up to his level of play and look/groom his eventual replacement.

Macarooni and this new QB coach both have OC experience so I'm pretty sure they are trying to put a new offence in place or just try to bring a spark to that side of the field.

Not to mention it seems like they are getting ready for a new regime change.

Macarooni as the new HC.

Langsdorf as the OC.

The RB coach moved to QB coach.

But who the hell knows what JR and the FO have planned.

So the WR, QB and OL position coaches are all staying? Gilly Jr oversaw the clusterfuck at WR for the last two years and somehow keeps his job, and this new guy just happened to have donated a kidney to Gilly's sister? Sounds like a real "shake up" to me.

So the WR, QB and OL position coaches are all staying? Gilly Jr oversaw the clusterfuck at WR for the last two years and somehow keeps his job, and this new guy just happened to have donated a kidney to Gilly's sister? Sounds like a real "shake up" to me.

Jesus Christ... my views exactly. Gilly Junior should have a foot up his ass out the door to follow his dad's "retirement".

Jesus Christ... my views exactly. Gilly Junior should have a foot up his ass out the door to follow his dad's "retirement".

I don't think it's fair for us to judge the guys performance from this vantage point.

I don't think it's fair for us to judge the guys performance from this vantage point.

He was brought in after the Superbowl win, when our guys were playing out of their minds, and they have been out of sync ever since. I don't know what possible justification there could be for keeping him.

He was brought in after the Superbowl win, when our guys were playing out of their minds, and they have been out of sync ever since. I don't know what possible justification there could be for keeping him.

I understand that...

Also I wonder what the Oregon state connection is... As in the connection to the Eagles HC

You guys are too much. You're holding a guy's donating a kidney against him? That's the important connection? Not that McAdoo and Langsdorf coached together? Or that Langsdorf was the OC at 9th-ranked Oregon? :facepalm:

And how do you blame an offensive line coach who was stuck with 3 beat-up guys on an 8-man squad in September? Seriously, who the fuck was Dallas Reynolds? We started him...We started at least 3 centers...including the guy that was supposed to be our starting left guard. Show me any line coach that could overcome that with the weak backups we had. Then keep him in his lamp so you can rub it and ask him for a pot of gold--because he won't be human.

We don't even know what Ryan and Gilbride Jr. will be doing. We do know it probably won't be what they were doing last year. McAdoo already said as much.

We have a new OC with no ties to Gilbride. The only thing we know for sure is his former head coach (who ran a completely different offense) and the last guy he coached (one of the best at his position in the league) raved about him. He hasn't even finished forming his staff yet. Not a single Giants player has taken the field in any practice, let alone game, under him. Can we wait until that happens before proclaiming an NFL/NCAA-wide conspiracy to keep Gilbride's offense in place?

I'm not even suggesting you need to love the guy--for all I know, McAdoo might be terrible. Just give him a chance.

Gilly was on the grassy knoll.

You're right about the OL fish, I'll pay that, but I can't reconcile letting the TE and RB guys go while the two positions that showed major regression in the last few years (QB and WR) are kept on. And we still have Quinn, the handsome sumbitch.

You guys are too much. You're holding a guy's donating a kidney against him? That's the important connection? Not that McAdoo and Langsdorf coached together? Or that Langsdorf was the OC at 9th-ranked Oregon? :facepalm:

And how do you blame an offensive line coach who was stuck with 3 beat-up guys on an 8-man squad in September? Seriously, who the fuck was Dallas Reynolds? We started him...We started at least 3 centers...including the guy that was supposed to be our starting left guard. Show me any line coach that could overcome that with the weak backups we had. Then keep him in his lamp so you can rub it and ask him for a pot of gold--because he won't be human.

We don't even know what Ryan and Gilbride Jr. will be doing. We do know it probably won't be what they were doing last year. McAdoo already said as much.

We have a new OC with no ties to Gilbride. The only thing we know for sure is his former head coach (who ran a completely different offense) and the last guy he coached (one of the best at his position in the league) raved about him. He hasn't even finished forming his staff yet. Not a single Giants player has taken the field in any practice, let alone game, under him. Can we wait until that happens before proclaiming an NFL/NCAA-wide conspiracy to keep Gilbride's offense in place?

I'm not even suggesting you need to love the guy--for all I know, McAdoo might be terrible. Just give him a chance.

Go get 'em, Fish! I've given up trying to make sense around here.

Gilly was on the grassy knoll.

You're right about the OL fish, I'll pay that, but I can't reconcile letting the TE and RB guys go while the two positions that showed major regression in the last few years (QB and WR) are kept on. And we still have Quinn, the handsome sumbitch.

Hey, I won't argue about Quinn, I wanted him gone a few years ago. Or our LB coach--hell, our linebackers showed more improvement in a few games with Beason than with multiple seasons with that fraud. And I'm still not sold on Fewell.

I'm not even saying you're wrong about Ryan and Gilbride, since we don't know what those guys will ultimately be doing. And Ryan did ok with the WRs before he went to QB coach...so maybe it was a matter of putting him in the wrong spot. I just want to see what happens before judging. I don't even know if there is a right or wrong here.

Ingram--early on, he was awesome: got Tiki out of his fumbling habit, brought up Jacobs, Bradshaw, and Ward. But he's also screwed the pooch on a 1st-rounder.

Pope--71, got his pick with Adrien Robinson, who has done nothing. It might just be time for a change here.

Not unreasonable to get your own guys in here. Maybe he should have wiped the slate. We'll see.

Hey, I won't argue about Quinn, I wanted him gone a few years ago. Or our LB coach--hell, our linebackers showed more improvement in a few games with Beason than with multiple seasons with that fraud. And I'm still not sold on Fewell.

I'm not even saying you're wrong about Ryan and Gilbride, since we don't know what those guys will ultimately be doing. And Ryan did ok with the WRs before he went to QB coach...so maybe it was a matter of putting him in the wrong spot. I just want to see what happens before judging. I don't even know if there is a right or wrong here.

Ingram--early on, he was awesome: got Tiki out of his fumbling habit, brought up Jacobs, Bradshaw, and Ward. But he's also screwed the pooch on a 1st-rounder.

Pope--71, got his pick with Adrien Robinson, who has done nothing. It might just be time for a change here.

Not unreasonable to get your own guys in here. Maybe he should have wiped the slate. We'll see.

So wouldn't that mean that our linebackers coach is actually pretty good but he had substandard talent to work with. I'm sure Fewell is happy to have a talented legitimate MLB for the first time since he started coaching here.

So wouldn't that mean that our linebackers coach is actually pretty good but he had substandard talent to work with. I'm sure Fewell is happy to have a talented legitimate MLB for the first time since he started coaching here.

I would take it to mean that Beason had to show the young linebackers how to play their positions at this level.

Langsdorf was the OC at Oregon State, not 9th ranked Oregon.