SportsWrath

Possible replacements for Feagles

Treehugger

Time to start thinking Australian!

Saverio Rocca...

08_rocca.jpg

...and his brother Anthony...

0,1658,218823,00.jpg

...are both talking NFL. Huge stars in the Australian Football League. I've seen Sav kick a goal from 70m out. Both stand at 6'5" and weigh in at 240 lbs. Both are superbly athletes, and would not only provide us with a booming kick, but an extra defender on punt returns. Both know how to deliver a crushing tackle.

Time to start thinking Australian!

Saverio Rocca...

08_rocca.jpg

...and his brother Anthony...

0,1658,218823,00.jpg

...are both talking NFL. Huge stars in the Australian Football League. I've seen Sav kick a goal from 70m out. Both stand at 6'5" and weigh in at 240 lbs. Both are superbly athletes, and would not only provide us with a booming kick, but an extra defender on punt returns. Both know how to deliver a crushing tackle.

Yeah, but can they pin opponents behind the 20?

If so, what are you sit there telling us about it. Tell them there's a NY team waiting for them.

didnt they try to play last year or some goalie

i rem some story like this

Ben Graham made the move last year and is now the Jets punter. Both of the Rocca boys are still under contract down here for this season.

Guest MontyPython
Afraid they'll take your women too?

different game with different results. has nothing to do with women. but your australian, so it makes sense you want to see some players make it in the NFL.

Saverio was on the news last night, filming an adition tape for NFL clubs. He was punting over 65 yards with just under 5 sec hang time. He admits his consistancy needs improvement, but so did Ben Graham's when he showed up over there.

Punting the ball 70 yards down the field is completely different than being able to land the ball accurately inside the 10 yard line. If they can do that, bring them on!

Not only can Ben Graham nail it inside the 20, but he puts a crazy spin that makes people muff the punt... which when Ben Graham becomes a free agent we should get him, cause the guy is unbelievable

I know punting involves technique. Though I played soccer all my life, I could nail a 50+ yard field goal consistantly... but can't get a damn punt past 20 yards if my life depended on it.

Not only can Ben Graham nail it inside the 20, but he puts a crazy spin that makes people muff the punt... which when Ben Graham becomes a free agent we should get him, cause the guy is unbelievable

Most AFL guys can do that, and bend the ball too.

Saverio was on the news last night, filming an adition tape for NFL clubs. He was punting over 65 yards with just under 5 sec hang time. He admits his consistancy needs improvement, but so did Ben Graham's when he showed up over there.

Ben Graham is the best player on the Jets.

i liked the look of Travis Dorsch ..... a good looking prospect by all accounts

agreed....good hang time...had only like 4 yd less of an average compared to Feely.....time will tell if he can down it in within the 20 consistently....