SportsWrath

JMS the worst ranked center (PFF)

Well without fail the Giants took another sure fire can't miss Oline prospect and turned them into the worst in the NFL.

JMS was unequivocally the best center prospect in the draft, and top 5 for interior Oline.

Analysts and pundits raved about his natural transition to center and his ability to set the tone, he was a day one starter who will thrive and get better.

Well that's until Bobby Johnson got a hold of another highly touted prospect.

This team has failed at developing talent and this is something that needs to be addressed, especially with a rookie QB on the way on this team sooner rather than later. 

He's also playing alongside possibly the worst set of guards plus RT in the league.

Everyone talks about coaching but the fact that Pugh (33) who's on his last leg is our starting guard, Bredeson who's also awful is a starting guard, has an impact. It's not just coaching.

17 minutes ago, mastershake said:

He's also playing alongside possibly the worst set of guards plus RT in the league.

Everyone talks about coaching but the fact that Pugh (33) who's on his last leg is our starting guard, Bredeson who's also awful is a starting guard, has an impact. It's not just coaching.

I believe PFF mainly just looks at individual win rates. 

But yeah they can't be relied upon fully. 

There's plenty of good Oline with those around them who are awful but still perform. 

I just mean we have invested the most of any team in the NFL the last 10 years in high round Oline picks and we have the worst Oline to show for it.

Coaching is a large reason why, whatever player development/acquisition that doesn't exist on this team the last decade.

Johnson is good friends with Daboll, but this is a business. If Daboll can't let this guy go it speaks very badly to him.

An even more alarming thing is that JMS seemed to get worse as the season went on. Pair that with Phillips looking better after spending six weeks in Philly and I think it's safe to conclude that the O-line coaching here sucks.

If we don't at least bring in two guards capable of starting, better than Pugh, Bredeson, Glowinski, and Ezeudu, plus a "plan b" RT in case Neal doesn't pan out, then it'll be a failed off-season by the GM regardless of the coaching.

I recommend two FA guards, another interior OL draft pick rounds 2-4, and a RT mid round draft pick or FA.

Almost every player the Giants drafted has gone on to perform better for other teams. ALMOST EVERY FUCKING ONE! - this obviously means that the OL coaching on the Giants is piss fucking poor. Even a broken clock is right twice a day - it cannot mean that EVERY guy we drafted for the OL sucks balls right? Bobby Fuck needs to go - just the fact that the Bills OL is better (without any significant upgrade at talent) after he left is indication. And with the no. of pointless Prime Time games we played, even fans of the rest of the league have also realised how pathetic our OL is. With this fucking OL, Saquon is at 916 yrds and after missing time too is a miracle. 83 sacks allowed - thats a record! 

Got to wonder what ATs development is more of a miracle on him than the Giants.

All the reports after his rookie year of doing rehab on his ankle along with working out with those trainers after his first season.

He's been through what? Four Oline coaches here? Colombo/Judge, Johnson and whoever replaced Colombo.

Less of the Giants and more of ATs professionalism to seek help outside of the building. 

8 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Almost every player the Giants drafted has gone on to perform better for other teams. ALMOST EVERY FUCKING ONE! - this obviously means that the OL coaching on the Giants is piss fucking poor. Even a broken clock is right twice a day - it cannot mean that EVERY guy we drafted for the OL sucks balls right? Bobby Fuck needs to go - just the fact that the Bills OL is better (without any significant upgrade at talent) after he left is indication. And with the no. of pointless Prime Time games we played, even fans of the rest of the league have also realised how pathetic our OL is. With this fucking OL, Saquon is at 916 yrds and after missing time too is a miracle. 83 sacks allowed - thats a record! 

If we just change the OL coach, and don't bring in starting capable lineman at the guard and RT position, this offseason will be a failure. Bredeson, Glowinski, Pugh, Ezeudu, Tyre Phillips, etc aren't the future here.

I'm not seeing it with Phillips because he looks like a backup at best to me. If we're only bringing in one new OL next season to start on this line, or potentially start, that's a failed offseason and recipe for another mediocre season.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

I go by PFF. They have us ranked #31, and the jets right in front of us at #30.

Seems right.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/best-offensive-lines-nfl-rankings/

Crazy how similar the Giants and Jets' lines are, right down to drafting LT and C in the same round in the same drafts. 

Crazy how bad Laken Tomlinson has been too, he just owned Aaron Donald in the playoffs.

42 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Crazy how similar the Giants and Jets' lines are, right down to drafting LT and C in the same round in the same drafts. 

Crazy how bad Laken Tomlinson has been too, he just owned Aaron Donald in the playoffs.

That 49er Oline benefits heavily from the scheme there. 

It's all quick passes and outside handoffs to CMC.

If anything their best blockers on that team are Aiyuk and Deebo by a mile then their Oline heh 

I'm surprised about Beckhton so far not many of those tackles that year we took AT have worked out. 

On 1/3/2024 at 1:21 AM, BlueInCanada said:

That 49er Oline benefits heavily from the scheme there. 

It's all quick passes and outside handoffs to CMC.

If anything their best blockers on that team are Aiyuk and Deebo by a mile then their Oline heh 

I'm surprised about Beckhton so far not many of those tackles that year we took AT have worked out. 

Wirfs has been servicable. I remember a couple years back when everyone was saying we made a mistake taking Thomas instead of Wirfs - but Wirfs kinda hit his ceiling early and AT just improved to become one of the best at the position