SportsWrath

The "fuck up the draft position further" gamethread.

BlueInCanada

Like imagine being mad that our backup QBs are actually performing and winning games while our 160 million dollar man is on IR

lol 

Just be happy we get to see WRs get the ball thrown to them now downfield. 

Jones can do whatever he wants when he gets back next year, if he's still here that is. 

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

This DeVito time is fun.  It’s ok to have fun while watching sports guys. 

I fell asleep during this game. That's how exhilarating it was. Woke up just in time to see our team blow their draft position. Now if we want one of the top 2 QBs where going to have to give up a boatload of picks.

Like I said, fucking hate this team.

21 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I fell asleep during this game. That's how exhilarating it was. Woke up just in time to see our team blow their draft position. Now if we want one of the top 2 QBs where going to have to give up a boatload of picks.

Seph, stop being a moaner. Tommy DeVito is playing at QB. It's fun.

39 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Caleb and Maye looks pretty underwhelming. 

Remind me of Lawrence or Bryce. 

But at this point who cares. 

I'd expect the Giants to fuck it up anyways and pick the next Jones lol

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

We could draft one of them to back up Tommy Cutlets. 

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

All the film work I've done on Maye looks really promising.  He reminds me a lot of Justin Herbert or Payton Manning with mobility.   I don't like Caleb much so far. Of course now the only way we'll get either of them is to give up this year's first, both seconds, and a first and third from next year to move up four spots.  Did I mention I fucking hate this team? 

Started looking at Daniels because that's the tier of QB we're likely to be picking in... kind of reminds me of Lamar Jackson so far, but I've only watched film from two games.  Even he's a likely top-5 pick at this point;  currently out of our reach. 

5 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

All the film work I've done on Maye looks really promising.  He reminds me a lot of Justin Herbert or Payton Manning with mobility.   I don't like Caleb much so far. Of course now the only way we'll get either of them is to give up this year's first, both seconds, and a first and third from next year to move up four spots.  Did I mention I fucking hate this team? 

Started looking at Daniels because that's the tier of QB we're likely to be picking in... kind of reminds me of Lamar Jackson so far, but I've only watched film from two games.  Even he's a likely top-5 pick at this point;  currently out of our reach. 

Maye looks like Zach Wilson but he's more comfortable around the ethnic types.

Maybe that's why Zach sucks.

I think Mayes ceiling is a low Carson Palmer, high Blake Bortles.

I think Howell is the only good QB to come out of UNC because fucking eww that college runs that gimmick as shit one read, scramble pass.

But what do I know lol I thought Jones was going to be better.

9 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Maye's last two games are abysmal. Though that doesn't mean he's a bad prospect. Also, he's constantly played behind a dreadful OL, so if we get him, he'll be in familiar territory.

17 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

He gave us a road playoff win last year where he threw for two td’s passing for 300 yards and rushed for another 80 against the number 4 defense in the league.   

It was against Minnesota dude... a very flawed team.  It is the whole team.  From top to bottom needs to be overhauled.  All at once and not a piece here or there.  It starts now and here.  Something we should have done five to six years ago.

17 hours ago, boohyah said:

Does anyone actually think Devito or Tyrod give us a better chance to win the games Jones didn't?.

Give me a fucking break.

We need an overhaul... none of them are the answer... DJ, Tyrod and/or DeVito.  They are all at most backups and not guys you build teams around.  The Giants need a full overhaul... this is about my sixth or seventh one.  I lost count.  Things are down now but they will be up.  It will be the sweeter because we know what it is like to be down.

On 11/27/2023 at 11:21 AM, boohyah said:

Not for nothing T. But us calling any team last year a flawed team is rich, because we may have had the weakest roster in the league. Fact is that some of the stuff jones did last year won us games alone. 

I feel that... but Minnesota was a poor test... I expected them to win that game... the following playoff game against the Egals I was afraid of what would happen.