SportsWrath

Jones cleared for contact

Herc

5 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I'm sure this can't possibly have anything to do with Tyrod's ribs and DeVito...well...being a practice squad QB

Devito shouldn't even be a practice squad QB if he can't be trusted to throw the ball beyond 1 yard. 

The Bears had a practice squad QB going for them the last two weeks, and they won one of those games, and the guy has over 400 yards so far just two games in. PJ Walker is another one for the Browns. Or look at Jeff Driskel on the Cardinals current practice squad (I'd take him right now).

Not saying these guys are anything special but we wouldn't be running a high school style offense if we had them.

7 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Devito shouldn't even be a practice squad QB if he can't be trusted to throw the ball beyond 1 yard. 

The Bears had a practice squad QB going for them the last two weeks, and they won one of those games, and the guy has over 400 yards so far just two games in. PJ Walker is another one for the Browns. Or look at Jeff Driskel on the Cardinals current practice squad (I'd take him right now).

Not saying these guys are anything special but we wouldn't be running a high school style offense if we had them.

Not sure if he should not be the practice squad guy, he did not look bad during pre-season...  but it is clear he should not be running this offense.     I am sure a big part of that playcalling was the weather and the great defense...  but it also feels like Dabald is getting really conservative and considering what he is marching out there on the field its hard to blame him.

They need to have someone else out there as the backup next week 100%

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

It's like you kept DiVito in the team because of how he looked in the preseason but yet you don't trust him to make a pass in the regular season lol 

Daboll was coaching scared yesterday.

So much for having big DaBallz. 

11 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

It's funny there were articles not much more than 24 hours ago saying he can't feel in his left arm at times.

Suddenly he's healthy lol 

This franchise is going to kill the guy. 

Like it's killed all of us the last 10 years. 

That's where my mind went.  Wonder where Thomas is in recovery with his hammy.  Maybe if another OT goes down, we could have another miracle healing?

1 hour ago, Herc said:

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

I'm sure this can't possibly have anything to do with Tyrod's ribs and DeVito...well...being a practice squad QB

Still need to sign Wentz, or someone like Chase Daniel, asap.

You were right unfortunately Herc.  Jones should have never gotten most of the practice squad reps, because Devito sure needed them.  Neither DJ, Taylor and now Devito are the answer.  55 years of watching Giants football and I know answers at QB from non-answers.  All three of them are flawed.  DJ should have been a RB who fixates on one read and then runs.  Only really good for short routes.  Taylor goes downfield more, but again fixates on one read and feels pressure and does the opposite of what he does.  Both run when you should through... hopefully downfield and exacerbate the work of a makeshift fucked up line.  Both have clear injury issues and both need veteran experience and help, with neither having it. 

Devito is a classic practice squad QB that has Jesse Palmer (who got a Super Bowl under Eli) and maybe played a quarter in his professional life and can strut around the Bachelor with his Super Bowl ring without the hurt.  Schoen and Daboll are clearly tanking this season because Gettleman got them into a cap bind that they will only really escape in 2024-2025.  They have given up on 2023 as a lost season where everything had to break right, and nothing has.  Rendering us into a probable win even for sucky teams like the Jests.  There are no easy routes out of this in 2023 and we should just strap on for 2024 at this time.  As soon as DJ was out the Giants should have brought in a veteran QB scrub.  That they did not is another indication of the hell that Gettleman put us in that Schoen and Daboll are trying to extract us from.

All the signs are indicating to me bro that they are probably tanking.  It is better than thinking that Schoen and Daboll are so incompetent that they don't realize that their current football team sucks.  When the broke out the Wildcat formation... I knew they were tanking.  The Wildcat only works in college when the big Division I schools are beating up on the Division II schools that make up a third to half of the big schools' schedules. :laugh:

35 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

It's funny there were articles not much more than 24 hours ago saying he can't feel in his left arm at times.

Suddenly he's healthy lol 

This franchise is going to kill the guy. 

Like it's killed all of us the last 10 years. 

This... he has pinched nerves in his neck.  DJ is an asshole for looking to play.  The propaganda is too strong.  If he wants to walk without the use of my walker and/or in a wheelchair in his fifties (or earlier) he needs to stop now.  NFL football is not worth your health... especially after you have secured big money.  Get out... enjoy the cash and in five years return to a booth and be an announcer, or go the coaching route if you can.  There is nothing he can prove at this point.  Not like he will ever get to a Super Bowl with is arm, unless he buys a ticket to the game and/or is invited to a sideline at sometime.  Watching games are his best options now and for the future.

The other thing is, if you're Carson Wentz, after yesterday: Do you really want to come play for the giants for 9 games behind this offensive line, running for your life, for a losing cause, all for a couple million or so? Especially when the Browns, Vikings, and Bears might be viable options?

55 minutes ago, mastershake said:

The other thing is, if you're Carson Wentz, after yesterday: Do you really want to come play for the giants for 9 games behind this offensive line, running for your life, for a losing cause, all for a couple million or so? Especially when the Browns, Vikings, and Bears might be viable options?

I think most of these washed up QBs like Wentz or Ryan would jump at any opportunity to show their last irrelevant snaps aren't the end to their career. 

I'd like to look at Colt McCoy, he played well when replacing Jones before and could even play back up another year or two since Tyrods contract is up at years end. 

All in all though we know how this will go.

Jones will come back for a game or two before he gets hurt again and ends up on IR and we will have to suffer through another passless DiVito games.

By then it's week 12 and then they just bring in some scrub off the street like Blaine Gabbert or Trevor Simien and play Tyrods as soon as he's back.

2 hours ago, mastershake said:

I hear you... well Devito better put his big boy pants on and get ready to run... for his life. :laugh:

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think most of these washed up QBs like Wentz or Ryan would jump at any opportunity to show their last irrelevant snaps aren't the end to their career. 

I'd like to look at Colt McCoy, he played well when replacing Jones before and could even play back up another year or two since Tyrods contract is up at years end. 

All in all though we know how this will go.

Jones will come back for a game or two before he gets hurt again and ends up on IR and we will have to suffer through another passless DiVito games.

By then it's week 12 and then they just bring in some scrub off the street like Blaine Gabbert or Trevor Simien and play Tyrods as soon as he's back.

Something...something... This... Classic Giants script... :laugh::giants::laugh:

4 hours ago, mastershake said:

4 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

Not sure if he should not be the practice squad guy, he did not look bad during pre-season...  but it is clear he should not be running this offense.     I am sure a big part of that playcalling was the weather and the great defense...  but it also feels like Dabald is getting really conservative and considering what he is marching out there on the field its hard to blame him.

They need to have someone else out there as the backup next week 100%

4 hours ago, Herc said:

There’s dozens of fucking options that would be trusted to throw a few short passes.  Huge huge blunder by this team to go into that game with Devito as the backup 

The thing too is... if Jones had gone down, and then Tyrod in the same game or later on that week I could see it.  You're more or less in an emergency QB situation there; you do what you can do. 

But Jones has been injured for three fucking weeks, and it's not like Tyrod doesn't have an injury history too.  So the plan for that was "let's put in a guy at QB that we don't want to throw any passes?" 

This is criminal negligence by this front office and head coach.  It's Gettleman/Judge level shit. 

8 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

The thing too is... if Jones had gone down, and then Tyrod in the same game or later on that week I could see it.  You're more or less in an emergency QB situation there; you do what you can do. 

But Jones has been injured for three fucking weeks, and it's not like Tyrod doesn't have an injury history too.  So the plan for that was "let's put in a guy at QB that we don't want to throw any passes?" 

This is criminal negligence by this front office and head coach.  It's Gettleman/Judge level shit. 

100%

I dont mind losing games. But it is this colossal level of epic retardation that this team exhibits that really surprises me. Like almost every week it is some new record being broken in fuck-ups.

11 sacks!

INT return for TD, fumble return for TD, 3 INTs, 7+ sacks given up, FG blocked returned for TD, 30+ pts surrendered or something like this - no team has ever done all this in an entire season and the Giants did it all in 1 fucking game!!

A whole fucking game with negative passing yards! 27 running plays 1 passing play called in the entire half.

Losing games in the most fucking absurd ways possible - missing chip shot field goals, boneheaded penalties, critical off sides.

Like, just losing is one thing, but putting up such an embarrassing shitshow by these pathetic pissants - with down syndrome play calling, coaching and decisions - thats what really makes my blood boil. Like, WTF is this??? Is this even a team? We can talk all salary cap hell etc etc - but there is no reason for this team to look like a bunch of ass-hat clowns every week! Even Broncos, Bears, Washington (whom we somehow beat), Cardinals - are losing, but not breaking records on the wrong side of the spectrum. There is something seriously wrong here. 

13 minutes ago, Iceman_NYG said:

I dont mind losing games. But it is this colossal level of epic retardation that this team exhibits that really surprises me. Like almost every week it is some new record being broken in fuck-ups.

11 sacks!

INT return for TD, fumble return for TD, 3 INTs, 7+ sacks given up, FG blocked returned for TD, 30+ pts surrendered or something like this - no team has ever done all this in an entire season and the Giants did it all in 1 fucking game!!

A whole fucking game with negative passing yards! 27 running plays 1 passing play called in the entire half.

Losing games in the most fucking absurd ways possible - missing chip shot field goals, boneheaded penalties, critical off sides.

Like, just losing is one thing, but putting up such an embarrassing shitshow by these pathetic pissants - with down syndrome play calling, coaching and decisions - thats what really makes my blood boil. Like, WTF is this??? Is this even a team? We can talk all salary cap hell etc etc - but there is no reason for this team to look like a bunch of ass-hat clowns every week! Even Broncos, Bears, Washington (whom we somehow beat), Cardinals - are losing, but not breaking records on the wrong side of the spectrum. There is something seriously wrong here. 

100%.

And you don't produce the worst scoring offense in team history without there being something seriously wrong.