SportsWrath

Dolphins game thread

UK-Giantsfan

The defense really hasn't been that bad considering 31 points put up on them so far. Got some turnovers/sacks. It would be nice for the offense to put one in the endzone. Entirely embarrassing. I am hoping my wife wants to go to the pub. 

3 minutes ago, mastershake said:

We somehow managed to put together an OL worse than Nate Soldier, Matt Skura, Billy Price, and Will Hernandez.

It’s not close either.  There’s 3 guys in the backfield every fucking snap 

13 minutes ago, jranieli said:

The defense really hasn't been that bad considering 31 points put up on them so far. Got some turnovers/sacks. It would be nice for the offense to put one in the endzone. Entirely embarrassing. I am hoping my wife wants to go to the pub. 

They allowed huge plays.   

I'm sorry this happened to you all.

I spent the day at the Fall Festival with my daughter. She was thrilled to make a little bracelet and a Halloween button, and we ate wood fired pizza and locally grown vegetable chili. Afterwards we pressed some apple cider together and drank it, then went on a horse carriage ride.

It was a fucking awesome day.

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

160 million would buy a lot of good offensive lines. 

Let's say we spend that $40 million on the offensive line.

What money you paying the qb with?. A good qb?.

Try to understand, Jones is not hindering what we do on the offensive line.

45 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Let's say we spend that $40 million on the offensive line.

What money you paying the qb with?. A good qb?.

Try to understand, Jones is not hindering what we do on the offensive line.

Try to understand what good is the money we are paying Jones with the line we have?   

If we say spent that 40 million on two starting guards instead of Jones, we would have a much better product on the field. 

I'm sorry people find this hard to understand that you need an Oline to win in the NFL and paying an average QB 160 million doesn't fix that problem.

Imagine a world with an Oline and a QB like Stroud, instead of the product we currently have.

Or an Oline and a kid like Williams or Mays in the draft. 

QBs like Jones are common, he's nothing special and I don't see why people are so bound to that fact. 

20 minutes ago, Nas said:

Not really… teams don’t let good OL wander into free agency.

The best Giants Oline we had only had two members drafted. 

I'm sorry but statistically you will have a hard time relying on the draft for the majority of your Oline.

Sure some teams have pulled it off the 49ers and Cowboys but the majority of teams need to rely on FA.

42 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Try to understand what good is the money we are paying Jones with the line we have?   

If we say spent that 40 million on two starting guards instead of Jones, we would have a much better product on the field. 

I'm sorry people find this hard to understand that you need an Oline to win in the NFL and paying an average QB 160 million doesn't fix that problem.

I won't waste my time going back to show you posts of mine stressing the importance of offensive and defensive lines. But they exist.

Daniel Jones getting paid has nothing to do with spending on the offensive line. See the Thomas extension.

10 hours ago, boohyah said:

I won't waste my time going back to show you posts of mine stressing the importance of offensive and defensive lines. But they exist.

Daniel Jones getting paid has nothing to do with spending on the offensive line. See the Thomas extension.

Jones getting paid has a lot to do with not being able to bring in more offensive lineman of starting caliber.

See the mess we are in now.

But yes paying an average QB top 10 money (will be the 6th highest paid next year) when the offensive line has no depth or starting players outside of the LT who is often hurt and rookie center, is a problem.

Especially when that QB needs a running game to support his play.

I don't see how it's that hard to understand you don't pay a QB when you have nothing around him to build off of, when you could just roll with a journeyman QB for a 1/4 of the price and get the same result.