SportsWrath

Dolphins game thread

UK-Giantsfan

38 minutes ago, jranieli said:

this is pathetic 

It's like, Neal can't be that bad.

He was a consensus top tackle in the draft, he played well in college.

Is Johnson just an awful coach who can't get his schemes and assignments across to players?

Both? 

It's just comical at this point.

Maybe we need to bring Judge back to coach the Oline. 

20 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Is Johnson just an awful coach who can't get his schemes and assignments across to players?

Both? 

I'm not sure why Neal and Ezeudu need coaching to tell them to put their hands on the defender... or to at least try to stand in the way of the defender.

I think they just suck.

Also look at the Center (Bredeson is it?) duck and lunge, and get beat right away. That's another play on this that's a disaster. Credit to McKethan; he did everything he could possibly do, and nearly blocked two guys at once.

Also fucking Glowinski on the left side didn't see the stunt coming, and he didn't touch the guy. Jesus fucking christ they are pathetic. I think these guys just suck and aren't seeing who they need to block.

28 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Both? 

No... Neal just looks like a fucking idiot with no common sense.    It's like he just blocks the guy immediately in front of him and things anyone going around him to the outside is somehow someone else's responsibility.  

He should block inside out...which he did here...but not when the inside guy is already blocked.  He should be a guard...but if asked to pull, I could easily see him going the wrong way.

Can't cut everyone, and I do think for no other reason than draft position, Neal gets a shot at G...but they should do that now in a lost season to test him out.  If he can't play better...pull the plug this offseason.

45 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I'm not sure why Neal and Ezeudu need coaching to tell them to put their hands on the defender... or to at least try to stand in the way of the defender.

I think they just suck.

Also look at the Center (Bredeson is it?) duck and lunge, and get beat right away. That's another play on this that's a disaster. Credit to McKethan; he did everything he could possibly do, and nearly blocked two guys at once.

Also fucking Glowinski on the left side didn't see the stunt coming, and he didn't touch the guy. Jesus fucking christ they are pathetic. I think these guys just suck and aren't seeing who they need to block.

But that's what I mean.

Is the scheme so complicated that they don't know who to block.

Why aren't we just saying "block the guy in front of you"

Look at Neal he never once looks to the outside.

Was there supposed to be a back chipping the defender? 

Was that the actually blocking called? 

I dunno just seems like there are so many miscommunications it has to start somewhere. 

Even Thomas has looked lost before the injury at times.

All I know is since Johnson left Buffalo their Oline is now one of the better in the NFL. 

23 hours ago, jranieli said:

The defense really hasn't been that bad considering 31 points put up on them so far. Got some turnovers/sacks. It would be nice for the offense to put one in the endzone. Entirely embarrassing. I am hoping my wife wants to go to the pub. 

23 hours ago, Herc said:

It’s not close either.  There’s 3 guys in the backfield every fucking snap 

:laugh::Popcorn-emot: It looks like a bad college scrimmage and something straight from the Giants of the 1970s.  Days gone by are present again. :laugh:

16 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Try to understand what good is the money we are paying Jones with the line we have?   

If we say spent that 40 million on two starting guards instead of Jones, we would have a much better product on the field. 

I'm sorry people find this hard to understand that you need an Oline to win in the NFL and paying an average QB 160 million doesn't fix that problem.

I get real Pisarcik vibes from DJ.  Anyone not aware... watch the Giants of the late 70's and he was the QB of The Fumble...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfOiY5MhqHA

3 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

But that's what I mean.

Is the scheme so complicated that they don't know who to block.

Why aren't we just saying "block the guy in front of you"

Look at Neal he never once looks to the outside.

Was there supposed to be a back chipping the defender? 

Was that the actually blocking called? 

I dunno just seems like there are so many miscommunications it has to start somewhere. 

Even Thomas has looked lost before the injury at times.

All I know is since Johnson left Buffalo their Oline is now one of the better in the NFL. 

Daboll and Kafka love misdirection too much and with this broken down line it has to be straight forward plays with no trapping or pulling at this point.

18 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I'm sorry this happened to you all.

I spent the day at the Fall Festival with my daughter. She was thrilled to make a little bracelet and a Halloween button, and we ate wood fired pizza and locally grown vegetable chili. Afterwards we pressed some apple cider together and drank it, then went on a horse carriage ride.

It was a fucking awesome day.

Glad you enjoyed man... I enjoyed the fact that it was an early Sunday game and once the tragedy started to happen, I started to surf the internet, play some video games, watch TV and eat my dinner.  Way more enjoyable than watching a WWE game that truly sucked.  Gone are my clinic games of the 1980's where defenses ruled.

18 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I'm sorry this happened to you all.

I spent the day at the Fall Festival with my daughter. She was thrilled to make a little bracelet and a Halloween button, and we ate wood fired pizza and locally grown vegetable chili. Afterwards we pressed some apple cider together and drank it, then went on a horse carriage ride.

It was a fucking awesome day.

DP

17 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Try to understand what good is the money we are paying Jones with the line we have?   

If we say spent that 40 million on two starting guards instead of Jones, we would have a much better product on the field. 

I'm sorry people find this hard to understand that you need an Oline to win in the NFL and paying an average QB 160 million doesn't fix that problem.

I think the problem is the same one we had with Reese and Gettleman. It's not that the line has been ignored, it's that our GM can't identify good talent on the line, or really anywhere else for that matter.

Schoen's been here for two offseasons; he got us Glowinski, Neal, McKethan, Schmitz, and Ezeudu. Even if half of those guys played well we may have a shot, but they literally all suck; none of them has a PFF grade higher than 45. That's comically bad, and like I said in the draft thread two years ago, it looks like Shoen doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.

I know a popular draft meme on here is "after the first round it's all a crapshoot" but it's not for the teams that have sustained success. Aside from maybe Kayvon and Bellinger that entire draft was a whiff, and there's a case to be made those two might not be very good either.

This year's draft looks better, but you can't go into a draft with 11 picks and come out with zero good players.  Schoen and Daboll did a great job pulling a rabbit out of their hat last year but we have to face the fact that this might not be the front office that will make the team successful again.

5 hours ago, mastershake said:

Credit to McKethan; he did everything he could possibly do, and nearly blocked two guys at once.

Shakes I love ya guy but... I'm not sure what you or anybody else on the board sees in this guy. On that play he stops moving his feet, leans and ducks his head. His assignment is one of the three guys getting the sack.

McKethan's pass blocking grade for this game was literally a 0.0

He's a bum.

2 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Shakes I love ya guy but... I'm not sure what you or anybody else on the board sees in this guy. On that play he stops moving his feet, leans and ducks his head. His assignment is one of the three guys getting the sack.

McKethan's pass blocking grade for this game was literally a 0.0

He's a bum.

Edit; nm I take it back they all suck.

3 minutes ago, mastershake said:

The Browns led by PJ Walker just knocked off the 49ers, so let's not try to act (as some Giants fans are) like the some of the teams we've played are impossible to beat.

The 49ers kicker had more to say about the loss today. 

They did also lose their best WR and RB too.

But let's be honest even if the same happened when we played them we still would of lost lol 

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

The 49ers kicker had more to say about the loss today. 

They did also lose their best WR and RB too.

But let's be honest even if the same happened when we played them we still would of lost lol 

Oh we only lost our best OL and our best RB and our best center.... I mean while we're at it, our QB has take more beating so far this year than most QBs take all year.  

17 minutes ago, Nas said:

Oh we only lost our best OL and our best RB and our best center.... I mean while we're at it, our QB has take more beating so far this year than most QBs take all year.  

Yeah but they are 5-1 and we are 1-5 (soon to be) lol

What the hell are you even trying to compare?

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

And the Jets beat the Eagles.

lol 

I am so happy for the Jests... good for Filthy... the Jests had played them 12 times and never won.  Sick of the Egals and the Filthy Fillies in baseball.  Sick of Filthy teams period. :laugh: