SportsWrath

John Michael Schmitz

GorillaNJ

33 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

It only took once practice for him to be the full time center with the 1's

Glad we may finally have a starting center on this team.

well the competition got injured. 

"Yeah I mean.......just get better every day....and improve" - I think thats all i heard about a 100 times...

But Im glad all of these guys seem very down to earth and humble and not that cocky ass BS interviews like Zach Wilson gives at times. Hope this tree trunk can transition to excellence in the real games and is our center for a long time to come.

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Got fucking destroyed by Dex Lawrence in one-on-ones.

To be fair though, he does that to everyone.

Thats expected. Dex at this point is a far superior All-Pro player. If that hadnt happened then it would have been a bigger problem.

1 hour ago, Herc said:

Good, he needs that.  He’s prob been killing 99% of everyone he goes up against his whole life and now he gets a huge challenge every day 

Quite correct.  He has been King Kong since Pop Warner to College.  The College game is rigged with half of them with a big school's games against what are essentially high school teams.  They grow up being all world and never face adversity to the pros.  This is so good.

On 8/6/2023 at 10:42 PM, Sephiroth said:

Got fucking destroyed by Dex Lawrence in one-on-ones.

To be fair though, he does that to everyone.

On 8/7/2023 at 12:15 AM, Iceman_NYG said:

Thats expected. Dex at this point is a far superior All-Pro player. If that hadnt happened then it would have been a bigger problem.

On 8/7/2023 at 7:10 AM, GorillaNJ said:

Yeah you have to hope that turns into a steel sharpens steel situation

23 hours ago, Herc said:

Good, he needs that.  He’s prob been killing 99% of everyone he goes up against his whole life and now he gets a huge challenge every day 

18 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Can only be a good thing to practice against one of the best.  I am sure Dex is helping to prepare JMS for this or that so he improves every day

If you watch the reps too it's not like they're bad reps either... he's got good hand placement, resets a lot, good feet, etc... but Dex is just so much bigger and stronger.

The problem is that our division top to bottom has possibly the best DTs in the entire league. Rook is gonna have to learn quick. I expect a rough season but think he'll eventually be a good starter.

• 5 months later...
C

John Michael Schmitz

New York Giants

DRAFTED: Round 2, No. 57 overall

The scrappy pivot performed well as a first-year starter in the middle of the Giants' line. Schmitz's intelligence, athleticism and competitiveness showed up repeatedly as he held his own against the monstrous nose tackles opposite him

2023 NFL All-Rookie Team

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-all-rookie-team-lions-rams-each-boast-four-selections-texans-clearly-nailed-top-three-picks