SportsWrath

Sure nose tackle isnt sexy

BlueInCanada

4 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Did DG do a good job?

He brought in some talent, Dexy, Jones, Barkley, Thomas.

The problem is the GM has more than one job.

He also has to sign free agents and trade players, which he failed at, especially with the Williams experiment, and let's not forget some of those RB contracts and trading away OBJ and replacing him with Tate. 

He also has to bring in coaches who can developed talent, which beyond everything else he greatly failed at doing.  

He also picked Mr.Glass hip Toney who's suddenly healthy (was it the turf all along??!!!???) 

Yes he left us with a handful of players. 

But he also left us with the worst cap situation in the NFL which prevents us from signing guys mid season, and had one of the worst tenure of any GM in NFL history. 

Even Matt Millen drafted Megatron.

Doesn't mean he was worth shit at GM.

15 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

He also has to sign free agents and trade players, which he failed at, especially with the Williams experiment, and let's not forget some of those RB contracts and trading away OBJ and replacing him with Tate. 

He also has to bring in coaches who can developed talent, which beyond everything else he greatly failed at doing.  

He also picked Mr.Glass hip Toney who's suddenly healthy (was it the turf all along??!!!???) 

But he also left us with the worst cap situation in the NFL which prevents us from signing guys mid season, and had one of the worst tenure of any GM in NFL history. 

If the Williams experiment is Leonard, I’d say that was a success.  He’s been one of the best players on the team since we’ve had him.  

and trading OBJ is what got us the pick to draft Dexy. 

13 minutes ago, The P said:

If the Williams experiment is Leonard, I’d say that was a success.  He’s been one of the best players on the team since we’ve had him.  

and trading OBJ is what got us the pick to draft Dexy. 

Leo hasn't pushed the team any direction and was paid to be one of the best DTs in the NFL.

He isn't even the best DT on the team.  

Getty wanted a Chris Jones instead we got a Fred Robbins, at a time when the last thing the team needed was a DT. 

I still don't agree with the trade, I'm happy with the only thing to come out of it was Dexy.....if they can keep him. 

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Great take.  I guess you’re right! 

matt Millen…. Joey Harrington, Charles Rodgers, Roy Williams, then Megatron.  

the Bears trade was great but he wasted it on some idiot WR who didn’t want to play, I think Toney was sheltered all his football life due to his talent, he didn’t like the Deball approach.  

then you have that Baker guy. 

I didn’t mind the Odell trade, him and Vernon leaving was a godsend in my books. Just sucks we couldn’t keep the two players (CB and OG) we got in return. ODell still haven’t got a long term contract from a league that’s WR needy. Imagine Rodgers getting ODB? 

52 minutes ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Great take.  I guess you’re right! 

matt Millen…. Joey Harrington, Charles Rodgers, Roy Williams, then Megatron.  

the Bears trade was great but he wasted it on some idiot WR who didn’t want to play, I think Toney was sheltered all his football life due to his talent, he didn’t like the Deball approach.  

then you have that Baker guy. 

I didn’t mind the Odell trade, him and Vernon leaving was a godsend in my books. Just sucks we couldn’t keep the two players (CB and OG) we got in return. ODell still haven’t got a long term contract from a league that’s WR needy. Imagine Rodgers getting ODB? 

Lawrence alone makes the beckham trade a win for us.  The toney trade down was iffy at the time.  He telegraphed wanting smith, got outmaneuvered by the eagles, then traded down past parsons to get his next favorite wr.  shoen might end up salvaging the trade with the picks he made though.  Thibs/neal (whoever you think the extra guy is) and bellinger look like hits so far 

7 hours ago, Herc said:

He got some cornerstones for sure.  Still glad he’s gone but it’s starting to look like he wasn’t an F.

I didn't think it was so much his drafts.   His salary cap management was atrocious.