Jump to content
SportsWrath

Thursday is going be fun.


BlueInCanada
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, gmenroc said:

I think it speaks more to the lack of depth and inability to play consistent.  Past two weeks has really highlighted lack of passing game too.  

One playcalling criticism I have is more with Jones running on the RPOs...there are times he should keep it that he doesn't...he reads it wrong at least once a game.

I also noticed a couple of those misreads on the read option. 
 

and the poor touch on easy, but high leverage short throws. 
 

The game is slowing down for Jones, just not quite enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gmenroc said:

So 7-4, 0-2....do we start mailing it in now?  Looking at remaining games, could argue either way.

A couple weeks ago I almost posted how this reminds me of the 2004 season. A good record, but a team obviously going nowhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I also noticed a couple of those misreads on the read option. 
 

and the poor touch on easy, but high leverage short throws. 
 

The game is slowing down for Jones, just not quite enough.

I think poor touch comes from pressure.  Might just be easier to chuck it deep with pressure in face than an accurate pass to the flat in same circumstance.  

Jones continues to not lose games, but not win them either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

A couple weeks ago I almost posted how this reminds me of the 2004 season. A good record, but a team obviously going nowhere.

I said it going into the week, we take solace in knowing we are going in right direction and that we have taken bigger steps than expected...but understand the reality that is our roster and is our injury situation.

I will say that Jones has earned himself a contract offer, but under 30mil per year avg and with outs built in for injury given he is a running QB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Officiating was questionable.  Lamb got away with some offensive PI pushing off.  There were some holds missed and phantom calls too.  I think it was bad both ways though.

Thibs getting held and a few phantom calls against us…

 

However the talent level between the two teams is obvious… especially at WR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I thought it was a gonna be a blowout.

They were in it for as long as they could be.

Coaching seems to be there but this team isn't even close to competing with a team that has any sort of talent on the roster. 

We have no LBs, no WRs (healthy), and we need TEs to back up Bellinger.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dak was strictly average today and played worse than Jones but his WRs kept bailing him out with great catches. A luxury Jones does not have....AT ALL.

I was expecting this result, but was pleasantly surprised that this team actually fought. If you just look at the roster and the injuries - there was no fucking way this game should have even been competitive let alone close. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Dak was strictly average today and played worse than Jones but his WRs kept bailing him out with great catches. A luxury Jones does not have....AT ALL.

I was expecting this result, but was pleasantly surprised that this team actually fought. If you just look at the roster and the injuries - there was no fucking way this game should have even been competitive let alone close. 

Totally.  I’m not sure going after OBJ is the right way to go though.   I’d rather draft a stud big body WR than go for someone coming off a serious injury.  Not to mention this team needs a whole lot more than just OBJ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Well I thought it was a gonna be a blowout.

They were in it for as long as they could be.

Coaching seems to be there but this team isn't even close to competing with a team that has any sort of talent on the roster. 

We have no LBs, no WRs (healthy), and we need TEs to back up Bellinger.

 


 

coaching seems to be there except in late game situations the past few weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nas said:

Totally.  I’m not sure going after OBJ is the right way to go though.   I’d rather draft a stud big body WR than go for someone coming off a serious injury.  Not to mention this team needs a whole lot more than just OBJ.

I think making a play for him is smart for multiple reasons.  If healthy, a generational talent who competes.  Will immediately improve the roster.  Will immediately improve Jones in short and long term.

Only drawback is health.  If passes a physical and accepts some level of injury protection (for Giants financially) in his contract...I think it's a no-brainer.

Not to mention driving up the cost the Cowboys will have to pay should he eventually sign there.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

It was disappointing. It may be attributable to having so many guys who need a lot of help to get to their assignments. I noticed a lot of pre snap questions yesterday, often took way too long to get to the line.


 

Coaching was also having them huddle up after every play instead of going hurry up.   And calling so many run plays. 
 

if you need to huddle up in that kind of scenario spike it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the late game play calling was just indicitive of the team we were fielding.

Practice squad backups at WR, bench backups on the Oline.

Some guys starting their first ever NFL game on a short week, most of them probably don't even know the play calls.

Not excusable but understandable. 

Just the simple fact that we had to run a hurry up offense or attempt too in the final minutes of the game shows how far this team has come despite the injuries.

We had zero business being in that game, and I"m entirely surprised by how the game played out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, K3VIN said:

Are people still trying to talking them selves in to Daniel Jones. 

Sure.   He has no one to throw to.   Look at Wilson in Denver and Rodgers… shit did you see the receivers and TEs on Dallas’ roster? 
 

Easy to throw the kid under the bus.  But tell me what’s the alternative?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

If this team was healthy it’s an easy win tonight.    Buy playing guys who should not be in the nfl is rough 

 

18 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Dak was strictly average today and played worse than Jones but his WRs kept bailing him out with great catches. A luxury Jones does not have....AT ALL.

I was expecting this result, but was pleasantly surprised that this team actually fought. If you just look at the roster and the injuries - there was no fucking way this game should have even been competitive let alone close. 

 

6 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think the late game play calling was just indicitive of the team we were fielding.

Practice squad backups at WR, bench backups on the Oline.

Some guys starting their first ever NFL game on a short week, most of them probably don't even know the play calls.

Not excusable but understandable. 

Just the simple fact that we had to run a hurry up offense or attempt too in the final minutes of the game shows how far this team has come despite the injuries.

We had zero business being in that game, and I"m entirely surprised by how the game played out.

Injuries are once again just killing us. We're down to what... a 4th string LG and two fourth string LBs? Fucking FOURTH stringers. 

We lost by 8 (should have been 4 if the refs don't fuck us) points to a healthy team littered with All-Pros all over the roster and I couldn't even tell you the names of half of our starters this week. This coaching staff is excellent and we have a lot to be happy about but there was no way we were winning this game; I was just happy that we we're competitive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nas said:

Sure.   He has no one to throw to.   Look at Wilson in Denver and Rodgers… shit did you see the receivers and TEs on Dallas’ roster? 
 

Easy to throw the kid under the bus.  But tell me what’s the alternative?  

Drafting some one 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...