SportsWrath

Way too early college QBs analysis

mastershake

For all that hype he got against Utah, Florida QB Anthony Richardson looked abysmal vs Kentucky.

Kentucky QB Will Levis on the other hand continues to impress me. The INT rate isn't ideal but this kid can sling it and has great mobility.

I don't get the hype around Richardson. To me he needs another year in CFB and should look at the 2024 draft.

7 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Top Giant brass has been heading to the top QB games this year.

It's pretty evident what they think of Jones and have a plan regardless of what happens this year.

Good and I say they should be thinking about the future

4 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

So people still think they are sending the head of pro development and scouting to these guys games "just for due diligence"? 

For now, yes I do.  I think they have an opinion on Jones, and not a great one...but I think they wouldn't mind seeing him light it up and using next year's pick on a non-QB.

Again, simply being prepared to go either direction..no more, no less

12 hours ago, gmenroc said:

For now, yes I do.  I think they have an opinion on Jones, and not a great one...but I think they wouldn't mind seeing him light it up and using next year's pick on a non-QB.

Again, simply being prepared to go either direction..no more, no less

Agreed. 

19 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Jones missing that throw to Saquon will have lingering effects. That was bad.

If he keeps popping up with throws like that during the season, he's gone.

No question that was a huge red flag.  The fumble wasn't entirely on him either, but that wasn't great either.

Jones wasn't poor, but he didn't do anything to justify being a 1st round pick or to eliminate the possibility of finding a new QB next season.  And that doesn't even take into account what a starting QB goes for these days as far as salary cap.

So it begs the question...what can Jones do to 1, get paid starter money, 2, stay on roster at all, and 3, make the Giants not pick a QB in the 1st round?

For me...he will have to have several games where he puts the team on his back...to the same extent Saquon did yesterday.  All, while reducing boneheaded throws like the end zone pick.

1 hour ago, boohyah said:

No Jones wasn't bad yesterday overall but it's plays like that carry a lot of stink. 

I almost never invoke "Dave Brown"... That throw yesterday brought back those terrible memories... I hope that was the last of it... 

On 9/10/2022 at 10:28 PM, mastershake said:

Kentucky QB Will Levis on the other hand continues to impress me. The INT rate isn't ideal but this kid can sling it and has great mobility.

Hmm Kinda sounds like a QB named David Jones