SportsWrath

OL McKethan down.

BlueInCanada

Had to bring the cart our with a knee injury, described as "Serious" some say his lower leg folded in half.

So there goes more depth at Oline.

Sure we have our starting 5, but man it's weak behind them.

Thank you DG for your years of great drafting to have us literally gut positions on the team for any sort of useable talent.

Schoen and Daboll need like 4 years here at minimum to clean this shit up.

32 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Dudes was something like the 37th ranked Guard and was a massive overreach where he was drafted... he was likely to suck anyway, if it's any consolation. 

It's not so much about sucking, as it is having depth behind the starting 5.

Most teams don't have much better at Oline depth IMO.

On 8/5/2022 at 10:28 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Also I don't understand how anything outside of round 4 can be considered a "reach"

By round 3, you are lucky to have guy last beyond two years on your team.

Because Jamaree Salyer and Lecitus Smith were both still available and weren't projected to be "priority free agents." It doesn't matter what the round is, when you take somebody who's the 32nd best at there position when there's guys in the top 10 still there it's a reach. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think the actual draft result is a more meaningful projection.

That’s how I see it.  McKethan being drafted where he was doesn’t mean he’s a reach, it means the draft experts and mocks were wrong. 

1 hour ago, 기둥서방 said:

That’s how I see it.  McKethan being drafted where he was doesn’t mean he’s a reach, it means the draft experts and mocks were wrong. 

Exactly. It's like seeing trannies as chicks with dicks, or dudes with tits. It's all in perspective. 

13 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Because Jamaree Salyer and Lecitus Smith were both still available and weren't projected to be "priority free agents." It doesn't matter what the round is, when you take somebody who's the 32nd best at there position when there's guys in the top 10 still there it's a reach. 

"Projected"

Both players went in the 6th, Smith I only see a 6th/7th round rating on, Sayley the highest I seen was a fourth.

Once again players who are probably only go at most be on a team for two or three years and not do much.

It doesn't matter where a player is "projected to go" since much like PFF it's all just pundits trying to look smart, it only matters where they are draft because clearly GMs didnt think either guy were worth more than a 6th.

If and that's a big if a player in the fourth or beyond has any sort of notiable impact on a team you're lucky, even luckier if they get a second contract with your team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cody Ford ends up on the team within the next month. 2nd round guy from a few years back that got bounced around to a bunch of different positions on the line but never managed to nail down a spot. He's still more potential than production but Schoen knows him and we're once again getting desperate on the o-line. 

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

"Projected"

Both players went in the 6th, Smith I only see a 6th/7th round rating on, Sayley the highest I seen was a fourth.

Once again players who are probably only go at most be on a team for two or three years and not do much.

It doesn't matter where a player is "projected to go" since much like PFF it's all just pundits trying to look smart, it only matters where they are draft because clearly GMs didnt think either guy were worth more than a 6th.

If and that's a big if a player in the fourth or beyond has any sort of notiable impact on a team you're lucky, even luckier if they get a second contract with your team.

I just don't fundamentally agree with that. Yes, you need to draft well in the first 3 rounds, but if you look at any of our championship teams they were littered with guys who were later round picks  that all contributed in big ways (Bradshaw, Diehl, Jacobs, Boss...  hell Bavaro, Baker, and McConkey if you wanna go back further... so many players). In the later rounds teams should be looking for guys who fell in the draft, not reaching for guys you can sign off the street two days later... and that's what McKethan was. You take the guy projected in the 4th if he's there in the 5th, not the guy who was projected in the 7th.

10 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Cody Ford ends up on the team within the next month. 2nd round guy from a few years back that got bounced around to a bunch of different positions on the line but never managed to nail down a spot. He's still more potential than production but Schoen knows him and we're once again getting desperate on the o-line. 

I just don't fundamentally agree with that. Yes, you need to draft well in the first 3 rounds, but if you look at any of our championship teams they were littered with guys who were later round picks  that all contributed in big ways (Bradshaw, Diehl, Jacobs, Boss...  hell Bavaro, Baker, and McConkey if you wanna go back further... so many players). In the later rounds teams should be looking for guys who fell in the draft, not reaching for guys you can sign off the street two days later... and that's what McKethan was. You take the guy projected in the 4th if he's there in the 5th, not the guy who was projected in the 7th.

The guys who “fall” didn’t “fall”.  The draft experts and mockers just projected them too high.  

These same draft analysts that make lists who aren’t paid to build teams are wrong constantly.  They watch more college ball than I do so I’m not completely shitting on them but their lists aren’t gospel either