SportsWrath

Minus 10

NeMesiS

1. Giants offense remains offensive to viewers. Big Blue's passing offense was nonexistent, even in a blowout. Glennon was inept from the start, looking like a bird who got lost heading south for the winter. The veteran QB completed just 4 of 11 passes for a piddling 24 yards, took four sacks, threw two interceptions, fumbled four times (losing two), and earned a 5.3 passer rating. Five. Point. Three. Even when he tried to throw, most of the QB's pass attempts weren't close to being completed. Glennon was so putrid the Giants didn't even bother trying to pass late in a blowout. It's telling that Saquon Barkley earned his first 100-yard game of the season (102 yards on 21 attempts) without a gain longer than 10 yards. The offensive line was woeful once again, with Nate Solder playing the role of the turnstile. It's hard to imagine an offense being more incompetent than the Giants were Sunday in Chicago.

But, but, but the foundation is there. Players who leave this year will be calling wishing they could come back to the culture. After all, it's the hardest thing to change. You don't see guys with golf clubs in front of their lockers ready to call it a season. No way, not the Giants. They're committed to playing to the end. Wait til next year fellas, everything's gonna be okay, ok?

16 minutes ago, jranieli said:

Don't you think Fromme would have at least gotten -10 yards?

It doesn't matter. +1000 or -1000. It's all about the foundation. W's? L's? Pffft. As long as players who have left wish they could come back.....now THAT's a testament to good coaching. 

That and a submarine that doesn't leak.

12 hours ago, BronxRik said:

But, but, but the foundation is there. Players who leave this year will be calling wishing they could come back to the culture. After all, it's the hardest thing to change. You don't see guys with golf clubs in front of their lockers ready to call it a season. No way, not the Giants. They're committed to playing to the end. Wait til next year fellas, everything's gonna be okay, ok?

True... but are they in a submarine is the question? 

Judge is trying to run this program like a college team.

"We need guys with the right mentality!!! Who are team players!!!!!!"

Like you fucking moron these are professional players making millions playing a childs game.

This isn't college where you have some hometown kid without a scholarship playing hard because they know it's the last chance they'll play the game in their lives, these guys have been doing it for years and in some cases longer than you have Judge. 

You can't sit there and bitch and moan about how good the culture is because culture doesn't win you a fucking thing in the NFL.

Sure a good locker room is needed to keep the ship going but that's dictated by the players the HC has nothing to do with the locker room.

This guy is so fucking out of touch with what it takes to be a good HC.

If/when the Giants bring him back I may just take a year off next season because Judge will never be a coach of a winning football team. 

Fuck Mara, fuck judge, fuck DG.

Go Giants who will outlast all three of these fuckwads. 

I said earlier...I like a good culture, because I think it helps maintain the ship.  If you are in a good season with good culture, if something like antonio brown happens, you are able to move past it with ease.

If you suck, a good culture isn't going to make you better on the field.

So I don't mind if there is a focus on that, so long as the priority is winning first.

2 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I said earlier...I like a good culture, because I think it helps maintain the ship.  If you are in a good season with good culture, if something like antonio brown happens, you are able to move past it with ease.

If you suck, a good culture isn't going to make you better on the field.

So I don't mind if there is a focus on that, so long as the priority is winning first.

A good culture typically comes with a winning team as you said and it does help the locker room.

But you don't win in the NFL by taking a shit team and just bringing "team players" on board.

Look at the 2008 Giants coming off a SB win, proabably one of the best Giants team we've seen.

Plax shoots his leg off and all the culture in the world couldn't keep that ship from sinking.

Meanwhile if we went out and got a guy like Boldin who rumors were that year wanted to be traded and the Giants were a destination spot, despite all the talk of his "lock room issues" we would of been fine.

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

A good culture typically comes with a winning team as you said and it does help the locker room.

But you don't win in the NFL by taking a shit team and just bringing "team players" on board.

Look at the 2008 Giants coming off a SB win, proabably one of the best Giants team we've seen.

Plax shoots his leg off and all the culture in the world couldn't keep that ship from sinking.

Meanwhile if we went out and got a guy like Boldin who rumors were that year wanted to be traded and the Giants were a destination spot, despite all the talk of his "lock room issues" we would of been fine.

No doubt winning solves a lot of ills.  I think we're on same page here...win first, then worry about culture.  I'd rather the culture be that of winning than that of just good try-hard guys

11 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Judge is trying to run this program like a college team.

"We need guys with the right mentality!!! Who are team players!!!!!!"

Like you fucking moron these are professional players making millions playing a childs game.

This isn't college where you have some hometown kid without a scholarship playing hard because they know it's the last chance they'll play the game in their lives, these guys have been doing it for years and in some cases longer than you have Judge. 

You can't sit there and bitch and moan about how good the culture is because culture doesn't win you a fucking thing in the NFL.

Sure a good locker room is needed to keep the ship going but that's dictated by the players the HC has nothing to do with the locker room.

This guy is so fucking out of touch with what it takes to be a good HC.

If/when the Giants bring him back I may just take a year off next season because Judge will never be a coach of a winning football team. 

Fuck Mara, fuck judge, fuck DG.

Go Giants who will outlast all three of these fuckwads. 

I even want Mcadoo back now... Macaroni and Cheese here we come.

10 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

This... let Plax shoot away.  Plus it was a graze.... Bloomberg the Billionaire mayor went all crazy on wanting to jail him on weapons charges... fashion that.  This is what we were dealing with in the City.

22 hours ago, jranieli said:

Don't you think Fromme would have at least gotten -10 yards?

I think any of us here would have gotten at least +10 yards (I'm at 110 personally but that's why I'm super man)  :ph34r: