SportsWrath

Brokeback Giants

BronxRik

There's all this talk, Blue, about multiple failed seasons, bad coaches, worse GM's. So many losing seasons. Fans screaming for the heads of the front office and ownership. This team has let everybody down and so...I wish I could quit you, but I just can't. I love you, Blue, no matter how bad you stink the joint up. Publicly I scream for them to hang you out to dry, yet privately I keep rooting for you and picking you to win every week in our Pick 'Em league. Never have I picked against you. Yet you continue to disappoint. You fill us with hope each offseason. "Next year's gonna be great" we say. And here we are again, "trusting the system" that tells us "everything is gonna be okay" yet once again failed to produce a winning season. With 2 games left to go the season is doomed, but....there is next year. That's right, those who believe, like Santa Claus, there is next year. We've got a bunch of picks. We're gonna do the right thing with them. There's next year. Hope builds! I so wish I could quit you, you piss me off so much, but I JUST CAN'T DO IT. As much as you upset me, the thought of abandoning you and, GULP, picking another team is just sickening. Oh Blue, I wish I could quit you, but there is no quit in me. I'll hold on to hope for next year, as I always do. :giants: GO GMEN!!! :giants:

01b317e994ee561e043bf694fd8337af.jpg

I've watched the Raptors post Carter, I've watched the Blue Jays when the only thing going for us was The Doc.

Watching losing teams is in my blood. 

Sure the Giants are in one of their worst stretches in franchise history but like the Jays and the Raptors they'll recover. 

Probably won't be next year or even the next five, but I love football and everything about the game, and I love the Giants more. 

I'll bleed blue till I die, maybe by then the Giants will finally get rid of Judge. 

I understand the sentiment, but watching football is supposed to be entertaining for me. If these guys give me a reason to watch I'll tune in, but otherwise I'm not wasting my time. It's not like I'm on the team or something.

If Judge is back next year I may start to watch if they ever crack .500

3 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I understand the sentiment, but watching football is supposed to be entertaining for me. If these guys give me a reason to watch I'll tune in, but otherwise I'm not wasting my time. It's not like I'm on the team or something.

oh I haven’t watched a game in over a month.  

I’ll watch when my grandfather is up north because it’s spending time with him, but yeah I wasn’t enjoying myself so I stopped.  

You can still root and follow the team without watching all of it. 

3 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Yep I've been watching other NFL games instead of the Giants.

The Bengals are a fun team to watch.

They have a worse Oline than the Giants but with proper coaching, a real HC and QB they are still winning games.

The Colts have a good bounce back story as well, started cold but Wentz has come back strong and are making a push. 

I like watching the Ravens too a run heavy first team who's had more injuries than the Giants but are still finding ways to be competitive.

It gets old but have been a Giants fan since 1968... have been with the highs and lows.  This is very low...we need to be like the Pats and win consistently just about every year.  Say what you want about Kraft.  He is a Drumpf asswipe but he stays out of football operations and just signs the checks.  These asshole inheritance babies keep thinking they are the guy from Monopoly.  Some derring-do bullshit that they convinced themselves that works.  I am like Seph.  I love the old Giants... and will live off of the old era for a long time.  I may watch them if they crack above 500 after week four.  Otherwise, I have better ways of employing three hours.

18 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

I'd rather have the reach around. 

If I said the hug was from someone else apart from myself, say the young lady in the sig, still feel that way?.

Otherwise our Canadian friend seems more than willing to help out.