SportsWrath

Meet the new offense... same as the old offense.

Sephiroth

Gettleman largely ignored the o-line this off-season to bolster the talent of the receivers and RBs instead. Whelp, so far Kyle Rudolph, Kenny Golladay, and Kadarius Toney have yet but take a snap.

Saquon is working his way back but hasn't had any significant practice time as well.

Could we be looking at 10 points on opening day? This offense doesn't look significantly different right now than last year's.

Two preseason games in and one series with half the possible starters.  Safe to say haven't seen anything probably for the best to be honest.  I like Judge putting the guys who are playing for a roster spot out there to get the opportunity to earn one.  Sure the Giants are running thin on offensive guards at the moment but not terribly concerned about that at the moment.  Offensive line just has to play better this season with what we have as we do have a lot of young players out there who need real playing time to develop.  I think this team is ready to win.

To be clear, I'm not even talking at all about the preseason games, I'm talking about practice. 

All offseason we heard about how "Jones, Barkley, and Gollday will give the Giants a potent three-headed attack."  Two of those guys aren't playing. 

We also heard that "Rudolph will give them a reliable red-zone target and Toney can take a short pass the distance."  Those guys aren't even practicing. 

Unless you really think our new RBs are significantly better than last year's guys, the offense doesn't appear to be improved at all from last year.  If we ever get healthy this season that will hopefully change, but right now we're looking at least year's O with a worse O-line. 

Ok granted we did not have the ideal training camp time with everyone together healthy, none of those guys are rookies.  They would be playing if the season started tomorrow.  I just can't see how this team could be worse at this point, they have to prove it to me.  :giants:

On 8/23/2021 at 7:46 PM, Sephiroth said:

Gettleman largely ignored the o-line this off-season to bolster the talent of the receivers and RBs instead. Whelp, so far Kyle Rudolph, Kenny Golladay, and Kadarius Toney have yet but take a snap.

Saquon is working his way back but hasn't had any significant practice time as well.

Could we be looking at 10 points on opening day? This offense doesn't look significantly different right now than last year's.

In a way, you've answered your own question... the reason we suck is because the players you mentioned haven't played... I'm not sure I'd pin that on the FO... Idk wtf is up with players nowadays (mainly because I'm not following thanks having an extremely busy life).    Idk why the OL was ignored... my guess is the young guys are expected to step up since as rookies no one expected hit from them... but I'm just guessing so who knows.  

3 hours ago, Nas said:

In a way, you've answered your own question... the reason we suck is because the players you mentioned haven't played... I'm not sure I'd pin that on the FO... Idk wtf is up with players nowadays (mainly because I'm not following thanks having an extremely busy life).    Idk why the OL was ignored... my guess is the young guys are expected to step up since as rookies no one expected hit from them... but I'm just guessing so who knows.  

The Giants signing injury prone players is definitely on the front office.

And now Adoree Jackson, also known to be injury prone, just hobbled out of practice with an ankle injury.

The Gettleman house of cards is already coming apart.

Serious question. How many losing seasons does Gettleman get before you fire him? He's on track for #4 coming up. Most likely a 10 loss season. "Well he tried to address these areas." Who cares? You are your results.