SportsWrath

Post Your Final Mocks Here.

Sephiroth

I tried to make mine as realistic as possible, so I threw out any draft where Pitts, Sewell, or Chase falls to us. Here's where I ended up.

Round 1 - T Rashawn Slater - Waddle, Parsons, and Smith are all gone. I'm desperately trying to trade out of this spot but even Baltimore down at 27 isn't offering anything reasonable. Slater is good insurance on the line but honestly I worry about how effective he'll be on the inside; I think Center is his best position eventually.

Round 2 - EDGE Joe Tryon - I'm struggling here between Tryon, Javonte Williams, Liam Eichenberg,  and Pat Friarmuth. At the end of the day though, we've got very little in the pass rush department, and Tryon looks like he can develop into the most complete player. 

Round 3 - TE Tommy Tremble - honestly I love this kid. The most complete TE in the draft, this guy has "future All Pro" written all over him; he's this year's George Kittle. Maybe a little high in this spot, but I can't let him get away.

Round 4 - WR Josh Palmer - I have no idea how or why this guy isn't being considered as a second-rounder, he's got everything you want in a WR. Size, speed, body control... he reminds me a lot of Amani Toomer. Steps right in for your 4WR packages and probably ends up as your WR2 by the end of next season.

Round 6 - G Aaron Banks - honestly, I cannot believe Aaron Banks is sitting here. I'd have been happy snagging him in the 4th; now he's sitting right there in the 6th. Big, strong, and nasty, he's probably a day 1 starter or more than quality backup. Likely to beat out Will Hernandez.

Round 7 - RB Rhamondre Stevenson - there's an embarrassment of riches left with Pooka Williams JR, Elijah Mitchell, Kene Nwangwu, Larry Rountree, and Trey Ragas all still on the board. At the end of the day I'm going with Stevenson, though I'd be happy with any of those guys. He's got a nice blend of power, vision, and shiftiness, plus the ability to carry the load for a few games when Barkley goes down or find use as a short-yardage back.

That's my draft. Even though Tryon and Tremble might be slight reaches, I think I got value pretty much everywhere else. Slater steps right in at your weakest OL spot, and Banks backs up both positions on the inside, not to mention the fantastic blocking you're getting on the edge from Tremble. Tryon provides a little pass rush, and Tremble/Palmer both add to your passing game. Stevenson is a short yardage/change of pace guy.

Scenario #1. Smith, Chase, Waddle, Pitts, and Slater are all taken before 11. Giants trade down with the pats to #15

15 (from Pats): OL Vera-Tucker, USC

42: WR Elijah Moore, Ole Miss

46 (from Pats): EDGE Peyton Turner, Houston

76 (traded to Pats)

116: DT Bobby Brown III, Texas A&M

139 (from Pats): OT Brady Christiansen, BYU

196: RB Rhomadore Stevenson, Oklahoma

201: LB Isaiah Mcduffie, Boston College

Scenario#2. This time, Slater, the guy I want, falls to us at #11.

11: OT/G Rashawn Slater, Northwestern

42: WR Elijah Moore, Ole Miss (every PFF simulation I run seems to have Moore falling to us here, and he's too good to pass on IMO)

76: EDGE Patrick Johnson, Tulane

Trade. Giants trade #116 to the patriots for #120 and #188

120 (from Pats): DT Bobby Brown, Texas A&M

188 (from Pats): OT Jaylon Moore, Western Michigan

196: RB Rhamodore Stevenson, Oklahoma

201: CB Bryce Thompson, Tennessee

59 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I tried to make mine as realistic as possible, so I threw out any draft where Pitts, Sewell, or Chase falls to us. Here's where I ended up.

Round 1 - T Rashawn Slater - Waddle, Parsons, and Smith are all gone. I'm desperately trying to trade out of this spot but even Baltimore down at 27 isn't offering anything reasonable. Slater is good insurance on the line but honestly I worry about how effective he'll be on the inside; I think Center is his best position eventually.

Round 2 - EDGE Joe Tryon - I'm struggling here between Tryon, Javonte Williams, Liam Eichenberg,  and Pat Friarmuth. At the end of the day though, we've got very little in the pass rush department, and Tryon looks like he can develop into the most complete player. 

Round 3 - TE Tommy Tremble - honestly I love this kid. The most complete TE in the draft, this guy has "future All Pro" written all over him; he's this year's George Kittle. Maybe a little high in this spot, but I can't let him get away.

Round 4 - WR Josh Palmer - I have no idea how or why this guy isn't being considered as a second-rounder, he's got everything you want in a WR. Size, speed, body control... he reminds me a lot of Amani Toomer. Steps right in for your 4WR packages and probably ends up as your WR2 by the end of next season.

Round 6 - G Aaron Banks - honestly, I cannot believe Aaron Banks is sitting here. I'd have been happy snagging him in the 4th; now he's sitting right there in the 6th. Big, strong, and nasty, he's probably a day 1 starter or more than quality backup. Likely to beat out Will Hernandez.

Round 7 - RB Rhamondre Stevenson - there's an embarrassment of riches left with Pooka Williams JR, Elijah Mitchell, Kene Nwangwu, Larry Rountree, and Trey Ragas all still on the board. At the end of the day I'm going with Stevenson, though I'd be happy with any of those guys. He's got a nice blend of power, vision, and shiftiness, plus the ability to carry the load for a few games when Barkley goes down or find use as a short-yardage back.

That's my draft. Even though Tryon and Tremble might be slight reaches, I think I got value pretty much everywhere else. Slater steps right in at your weakest OL spot, and Banks backs up both positions on the inside, not to mention the fantastic blocking you're getting on the edge from Tremble. Tryon provides a little pass rush, and Tremble/Palmer both add to your passing game. Stevenson is a short yardage/change of pace guy.

Sounds good. I'd be pretty satisfied with this, although I think you're overdrafting Tremble and Palmer a little.

Here's my mock from back in February, I think it's still somewhat in the wheel house the Giants do. WR/OL/Edge/RB/OL/Skill position.

Round 1) Jaylen Waddle, 'Bama WR. 

Eventhough Smith might be sitting there the Giants skip him for his counterpart on the other side of the field.

Garrett loves the big play making WRs and Waddle fits the mold.

Injury concern is there but face it the Giants will never have a WR finish a healthy career.

Round 2) Samuel Cosmi OL/OT, Texas. 

Big bull dozing tackle that can start day one at RT. Would allow the Giants to try Peart out along the line at different spots. 

Round 3) Quincey Roche DE/LB, Miami.

Solid OLB/DE pass rusher and run stopper. Needs to add some pounds to his frame but Graham will find a way to utilize the kids speed.

Round 4) Javonte Williams RB, Carolina.

Big power back with quickness and receiving ability. Good goa lline runner.

The rest of the draft; another guard and CB prospects.

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Here's my mock from back in February, I think it's still somewhat in the wheel house the Giants do. WR/OL/Edge/RB/OL/Skill position.

Eventhough Smith might be sitting there the Giants skip him for his counterpart on the other side of the field.

Injury concern is there but face it the Giants will never have a WR finish a healthy career.

Big bull dozing tackle that can start day one at RT. Would allow the Giants to try Peart out along the line at different spots. 

Solid OLB/DE pass rusher and run stopper. Needs to add some pounds to his frame but Graham will find a way to utilize the kids speed.

If Waddle is there I think he's the pick. Yes, he has everything you've said, but there are two big things going for him that everyone seems to be overlooking:

1. He's probably good for 2-3 TDs as a return man per season, and what was Joe Judge's job before he was a head coach?

2. He's from Alabama.

If the ankle checks out and he's available, he'll be in blue next season.

I think Waddle, Smith, Chase, Slater one of the them are sitting at 11.

The big four QBs go 1 to 4.

Bungals take Sewell.

The Dolphins, Carolina and Lions probably take play makers Pitts and two of the WRs.

Broncos get Parsons to pair with Miller and Chubb.

Cowboys go Slater or CB.

So there would be one of the WRs left and or Slater, plus any of the DEs out there. 

The more I watch Waddle the less I see it.

I just watched a couple full games for Waddle... I'm convinced his hands are not first round receiver quality, he's a notorious body catcher. It's not an occasional thing, he will body catch it if he has the option. Of the about five times I saw him extend his arms, four of them were drops. He was only credited with four drops on the season, but I saw four in just two games.... Three of those I saw were called off due to penalty and didn't end up in the books. But they happened.

arguably worse, I also caught him taking snaps off when there were designed play fakes TO him. He was literally jogging and watching the ball carrier immediately after the QB faked in his direction. WTF sort of stuff.

Most people see Tyreek Hill, but I see Corey Coleman.

22 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Micah Parsons

:giants:

I can't see him lasting past the Broncos unless they trade up for a QB. 

Would be a great addition though.

He's basically Blake Martinez if you put his style of play inside a Lamborghini of a athlete.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

My one issue with this is I think Cosmi is gone long before 42. Other than that I love it. 

15 minutes ago, Dragon said:

My one issue with this is I think Cosmi is gone long before 42. Other than that I love it. 

I thought he was still a second round mock?

Then again I've heard his name a bunch on NFL Network which means your probably right lol 

Insert Wyatt Davis there or whoever the best round 2 Guard or Tackle will be.

The one thing I like about this draft and where the Giants are they can really do no wrong (outside of taking a QB lol)

Best case scenario as I said one of the big three WRs are sitting there and possibly Slater, Parsons, Surtain, etc. 

The worst case scenario is outside of the first two picks no QB is taken and all the skill players are gone but on the flip side the Giants hold a valuable position at 11 with QBs dropping and can trade down and end up with one of the better DEs or a guy like Vera-Tucker and maybe an extra second or third.

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

The guy I'm surprised we don't see in more mocks is Jaycee Horn.... elite measurables, great tape.... Surtain is right there too.... Good chance one of them is BPA at 11.

Tempting. Very tempting.

Horn is having back surgery.

Just now, CrazedDogs said:

Horn too? Caleb Farley would have been in the top corner discussion but for his back surgery too. 

Oh shit I'm thinking of Farley. Nevermind.

As far as Waddle goes though, his hands look fine to me. He catches with his body sometimes, but that's often when the ball is thrown directly in his numbers... sometimes you don't have a choice. It'd not like he's doing the Reuben Randle "basket catch jump."

This is all IF his ankle checks out though.

See and if you remember I was high on the Smith band wagon, the numerous posts I made about the Heisman winner.

However I feel like Waddle is the better playmaker from what I've seen. 

I won't be disappointed with either, but if Waddles ankle isn't a concern he's the pick, if they are worried then take Smith.

4 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

The more I watch Waddle the less I see it.

I just watched a couple full games for Waddle... I'm convinced his hands are not first round receiver quality, he's a notorious body catcher. It's not an occasional thing, he will body catch it if he has the option. Of the about five times I saw him extend his arms, four of them were drops. He was only credited with four drops on the season, but I saw four in just two games.... Three of those I saw were called off due to penalty and didn't end up in the books. But they happened.

arguably worse, I also caught him taking snaps off when there were designed play fakes TO him. He was literally jogging and watching the ball carrier immediately after the QB faked in his direction. WTF sort of stuff.

Most people see Tyreek Hill, but I see Corey Coleman.

The body catching is one of the things that turned me off on Waddle as well and I would compare him to Ted Ginn Jr.  Ted Ginn Jr. was a very fast WR taken 9th overall in the first round back in 2007.

Body catching isn't all bad depending on the circumstances. If you're trying to catch a deep bomb (go look at Smith and Chase or anyone else, they do this too), if the pass is low and you're trying to corral it, etc.

Having said that, it shouldn't happen on regular routes/throws, such as passes that are pad level, between the numbers, etc...and I noticed Waddle many times body catches on basic slants, outs/ins, so that's definitely a concern. Now I'm leaning more Smith or Chase over Waddle. 

One thing I can say abit this draft is I can't wait for it to be over.

These draft pundits are just going nuts this week. 

You get multiple "NFL insiders" posting opposing points of views all stating they have inside sources lol 

All in the same day there have been multiple reports that the Patriots are;

Trading up for a QB, trading back, staying put, trading for Gorrapaloplis, going after a big name WR.

lol 

Everyone is an expert with "inside sources"