SportsWrath

Post Your Final Mocks Here.

Sephiroth

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

One thing I can say abit this draft is I can't wait for it to be over.

These draft pundits are just going nuts this week. 

You get multiple "NFL insiders" posting opposing points of views all stating they have inside sources lol 

All in the same day there have been multiple reports that the Patriots are;

Trading up for a QB, trading back, staying put, trading for Gorrapaloplis, going after a big name WR.

lol 

Everyone is an expert with "inside sources"

I can tell you with confidence that the Giants will either trade up or trade down or stay put with the #11 pick.

1 minute ago, mastershake said:

I can tell you with confidence that the Giants will either trade up or trade down or stay put with the #11 pick.

Someone get this man a job at NFL Network.

Also that's another thing NFL Network used to be great, really would show you the inside out of the NFL, coaching, game planning, etc.

Was anything a fan would want.

Now it's "What does this player like to wear before a game?"

2 hours ago, mastershake said:

You know what I'm also tired of? The whole "Who's a the better QB: Mac Jones, Trey Lance, or Justin Fields???"

They've been running this entire narrative ever since the 49ers traded up over a month ago.

We all know in 4 years maybe one of them will be a franchise guy. 

It's the same debate evey year with QB classes. 

I remember in 2011 when it was Newton, Gabbert, Locker and Ponder lol 

Hell Dalton and Kapernicker were second round picks and out played the first round guys. 

Something else to note about this draft and why I dont want the Giants to trade back.

Not a lot of "first round talent" in this draft.

Most draft pundit places only have 15 or 20 players with a first round grade on them.

Any other year you usually have some first round guys slide into the second round.

This year you're going to see second round guys picked in the mid first.

Also more rumors, from everything that Twitter, and all the Giants pundits have gone on about, it's basically;

Smith is he's there (Judge being the guy in love with him), Parsons(Graham and Getty) or one of the CBs going to the Giants.

Once again who the fuck knows until Thursday lol

1 minute ago, mastershake said:

Of course they're not interested in an OL. Very fitting.

Slater's stock dropped going into the draft.

He went from top 10, to being in the teens.

Like I said before there is little difference between him and Vera-Tucker, or some of the guys in the second round.

If we were going to draft him to play tackle then maybe, but to draft him to play guard? Wyatt Davis is the better guard IMO

16 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Slater's stock dropped going into the draft.

He went from top 10, to being in the teens.

Like I said before there is little difference between him and Vera-Tucker, or some of the guys in the second round.

If we were going to draft him to play tackle then maybe, but to draft him to play guard? Wyatt Davis is the better guard IMO

If Davonta Smith isn't there in the 1st, I'd prefer Slater and/or Vera-Tucker.

In general, I'm uneasy going into the draft with this current mediocre OL and having to rely on rookies to 'fix' the line. At best, the giants OL will be average this year, and that's if they land a starter from this draft.

5 hours ago, mastershake said:

If Davonta Smith isn't there in the 1st, I'd prefer Slater and/or Vera-Tucker.

In general, I'm uneasy going into the draft with this current mediocre OL and having to rely on rookies to 'fix' the line. At best, the giants OL will be average this year, and that's if they land a starter from this draft.

If the Giants Oline goes from 30th ranked, to say 24th ranked in the NFL, we will be going to the playoffs in and weak NFC East, and I would consider that a massive success.

They don't even have to be average, just better, which can happen with a second round guard, or some guys simply stepping up.

8 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

If the Giants Oline goes from 30th ranked, to say 24th ranked in the NFL, we will be going to the playoffs in and weak NFC East, and I would consider that a massive success.

They don't even have to be average, just better, which can happen with a second round guard, or some guys simply stepping up.

My concern is this. We look to be going into the season with the OL that has 1) Four starters who will only be in the 2nd year starting at their position (Thomas, Peart, Gates, Lemieux), and a rookie RG OR a mediocre Will Hernandez. They could improve to #24 but they could also easily fall flat, especially if there is an injury. I'm also not convinced the NFC east will be as bad as last year. At least the Cowboys will resolve their QB situation, their defense looks improved, and both Philly and Wash will have more direction in terms of their QB situation, versus the chaos of last year.

We shouldn't be going into the draft in such a desperate state with this OL. We should have signed at least one veteran to at least replace our lost veteran RG Zeitler, plus should have added another veteran as well, plus added one draft pick in rounds 1-3 (premium draft picks). Instead, now we're likely just adding one draft pick.

24 minutes ago, mastershake said:

My concern is this. We look to be going into the season with the OL that has 1) Four starters who will only be in the 2nd year starting at their position (Thomas, Peart, Gates, Lemieux), and a rookie RG OR a mediocre Will Hernandez. They could improve to #24 but they could also easily fall flat, especially if there is an injury. I'm also not convinced the NFC east will be as bad as last year. At least the Cowboys will resolve their QB situation, their defense looks improved, and both Philly and Wash will have more direction in terms of their QB situation, versus the chaos of last year.

We shouldn't be going into the draft in such a desperate state with this OL. We should have signed at least one veteran to at least replace our lost veteran RG Zeitler, plus should have added another veteran as well, plus added one draft pick in rounds 1-3 (premium draft picks). Instead, now we're likely just adding one draft pick.

I don't see the NFC East that well all the team are in a rebuild

Dallas has no Oline and Dak is coming off one of the worst injuries I seen a QB take besides Alex Smith. The Dallas defense is also one of the worst in the NFL.

The Eagles are in a complete free fall with a new HC and GM who don't even like Love. 

Washington is the only real threat I see and they are run by one of the most inept owners in football who might be forced to sell his team.

To your post about the Oline I agree they should of brought in one or two guys just for competition and depth which I think they still do post draft and camp cuts. 

If and it's a big if they improve then everything is fine if they don't well guess what, DG is out the door and we are entering another rebuild more than likely. 

It's year three of this rebuild it's put up or shut up time for everyone in the building.....besides the owners who made this whole fucking mess.

4 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

I’m going to be happy no matter who we draft.  It’s going to be awesome. 

Me too. I'm a little embarrassed at how excited I am.

I am not sure why I left the corners off my wishlist.... I'd be happy with Surtain or Horn, especially if after a trade back.

4 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I wouldn't pass on Ja'Marr Chase at 11 either, I'm just that sure he won't be there.

Or Trevor Lawrence, lol. 

Yeah, I'm finding it hard to pass on Chase or Smith if they're available (or Pitts, but I doubt he falls to #11).

Otherwise I'd go Slater or Vera-Tucker.

In order:

1) Smith

2) Chase

3) Slater

4) Vera-Tucker

5) Parsons

6) Patrick Surtain

7) CB Jaycee Horn

Or trade down

8) OL Tevin Jenkins

9) LB Zaven Collins

10) WR Eli Moore (I think if this guy were two inches taller, he'd be a top 10 pick. Very underrated WR)

1. Chase

2. Smith

3. Waddle

4. Slater 

5. Parsons

6. Trade down

I want no parts of an Edge, RB or CB at 11. Also... Sewell not included cause that's more unrealistic than Chase being there... but he'd be between Waddle and Slater. 

51 minutes ago, Dragon said:

1. Chase

2. Smith

3. Waddle

4. Slater 

5. Parsons

6. Trade down

I want no parts of an Edge, RB or CB at 11. Also... Sewell not included cause that's more unrealistic than Chase being there... but he'd be between Waddle and Slater. 

I can see DG being stupid enough to draft an Edge or CB, rather than an OL (if Chase and Smith are gone by #11).

2 hours ago, Pdouble said:

I’m going to be happy no matter who we draft.  It’s going to be awesome. 

This.

Hell even Paye I would love at 11.

Smith, Waddle, Slater, Vera Tucker, Parsons, Surtain, Paye, whoever I don't care.

As long as it isn't a QB lol 

18 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

This.

Hell even Paye I would love at 11.

Smith, Waddle, Slater, Vera Tucker, Parsons, Surtain, Paye, whoever I don't care.

As long as it isn't a QB lol 

A qb has its benefits. 

it would make shit super interesting haha.