SportsWrath

Giants REALLY brining in Golladay for a visit.

BlueInCanada

Also not trying to count my eggs before they hatch but if we land Golladay the draft opens way up for the Giants.

They could take another WR and have a stupidly good WR core, and get a solid guard in round two. 

They could take Slater and have him play day one at guard or tackle and then get a solid WR in round 2.

They could take Surtain and have the best CB combo in the NFL then get Oline in round 2. 

They could finally get a real LB in Parsons and then whatever in round 2.

Golladay opens up a whole new draft scenario for the Giants.

Of course fans would hate whatever happens as I'm reminded why every offseason how this fan base is lol 

So take this with a grain of salt but apparently it's being reported that the Giants and day have agreed to a principal contract pending a physical and negotiations.

But my lord after the Rudolph signing if this happens as well.

Sign me up on the 17-0 band wagon.

37 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

So take this with a grain of salt but apparently it's being reported that the Giants and day have agreed to a principal contract pending a physical and negotiations.

But my lord after the Rudolph signing if this happens as well.

Sign me up on the 17-0 band wagon.

first we're brining the poor bastard, and now this. 

16 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also not trying to count my eggs before they hatch but if we land Golladay the draft opens way up for the Giants.

They could take another WR and have a stupidly good WR core, and get a solid guard in round two. 

They could take Slater and have him play day one at guard or tackle and then get a solid WR in round 2.

They could take Surtain and have the best CB combo in the NFL then get Oline in round 2. 

They could finally get a real LB in Parsons and then whatever in round 2.

Golladay opens up a whole new draft scenario for the Giants.

Of course fans would hate whatever happens as I'm reminded why every offseason how this fan base is lol 

There are a bunch of later-round WRs and a few RBs I like in this draft.  Sage Surrat looks like a young Ed McCaffery, and I think I mentioned before how much I love Marquez Stevenson.  Nico Collins is another guy around the 4th-5th to keep an eye on. 

Evidently Cinci offered him a 1 year "prove it" deal for around $9mm, while he left Chicago without a deal to visit New York, and all indications are the Jets' and Dolphins are not seriously considering him, so it looks like the Giants have the upper hand.

I'd expect a deal of 3 years in the $35-40mm range. Probably a contract similar to what Corey Davis signed with the Jets.

Golladay staying another day in NY Friday.

They want to make sure he's a guy who will fit into Judge's system as Judge has already said it doesn't fit everyone.

Fingers crossed boys, we might have a real WR back on this team since we gave OBJ das boot.

22 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Golladay staying another day in NY Friday.

They want to make sure he's a guy who will fit into Judge's system as Judge has already said it doesn't fit everyone.

Fingers crossed boys, we might have a real WR back on this team since we gave OBJ das boot.

Just out of curiosity, how do you think they can tell if he’ll fit or not? Just ask him questions? Like, Kenny, what’s up with your hip bro? 

Sorry, I just find this method kind of silly. What are they afraid of? I didn’t realize Golladay was potentially malcontent.

11 minutes ago, Storm said:

Just out of curiosity, how do you think they can tell if he’ll fit or not? Just ask him questions? Like, Kenny, what’s up with your hip bro? 

Sorry, I just find this method kind of silly. What are they afraid of? I didn’t realize Golladay was potentially malcontent.

Didn’t like Patricia.  Also allegedly sat out longer than he needed to (rest of season) after his hip injury.  Neither of these things bother me.  Patricia lost that entire locker room and this whole team loves Joe.  I wouldn’t rush back to play for a coach/org I hated either if I was about to be a free agent 

38 minutes ago, Herc said:

Didn’t like Patricia.  Also allegedly sat out longer than he needed to (rest of season) after his hip injury.  Neither of these things bother me.  Patricia lost that entire locker room and this whole team loves Joe.  I wouldn’t rush back to play for a coach/org I hated either if I was about to be a free agent 

Ah ok, that makes a bit more sense. Hip injuries are no joke though, Bo knows.

46 minutes ago, Storm said:

Judge is a no nonsense guy. 

Rumors/reports that Golladay didn't like that style with Patricia in Detroit (who also learned like Judge under Billycheecks) and like Herc said may have pulled some shenanigans there.

I assume Judge being the guy and as articulate as he is wants to grill Golladay on what happened and how his personality will fit on the team. 

Also it's to note all teams are being cautious with Golladay.

When healthy he's easily a top WR in the NFL, would be #1 on many teams across the league. 

However injury concern are there.

So I'm glad the Giants are just throwing a truck load of money at this guy without doing their homework. 

Well, while Judge and Gettleman are scrutinizing Kenny’s fourth grade discipline history, the Ravens are making a push and are in contact with Golladay’s agent. I just don’t want them dicking around with the “culture,” bullshit from a team that for some reason continued to employ Golden Tate. 

6 minutes ago, Storm said:

Well, while Judge and Gettleman are scrutinizing Kenny’s fourth grade discipline history, the Ravens are making a push and are in contact with Golladay’s agent. I just don’t want them dicking around with the “culture,” bullshit from a team that for some reason continued to employ Golden Tate. 

Nothing wrong with a culture change, if we lose Golladay because of it then it is what it is, it's not like the Giants are dicking around. Golladay will take up a very serious portion of the cap the next few years. It's not like Plax or something  where he was an established WR with no injury or personality concerns.

He goes to the Ravens and balls out then egg is on the Giants face, he goes there and dogs it like he did in Detroit (rumors) and or gets hurt then the Giants are laughing.

NFL free agency is the best yo.

5 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Nothing wrong with a culture change, if we lose Golladay because of it then it is what it is, it's not like the Giants are dicking around. Golladay will take up a very serious portion of the cap the next few years. It's not like Plax or something  where he was an established WR with no injury or personality concerns.

He goes to the Ravens and balls out then egg is on the Giants face, he goes there and dogs it like he did in Detroit (rumors) and or gets hurt then the Giants are laughing.

NFL free agency is the best yo.

Burress is actually a pretty accurate comparison, even production wise but more so their games are similar. From what I remember, Plax also had character concerns. 

Golladay had no issues until last year when the wheels fell off that entire organization. I guess I just don’t get it; Golladay is the one player that can make this offense competitive. They simply can’t afford to field another receiving corps of 3 slot receivers who can’t get home and play small. 

4 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also this whole Giants visit could just be a ploy by him and his agent.

Make it seem like they are really interested in the Giants just so teams offer a larger one or two year deal.

It's all a game. 

I would certainly choose the Ravens over the Giants, that’s for sure. Golladay would never get the ball on the Ravens, though. 

Just now, Storm said:

Burress is actually a pretty accurate comparison, even production wise but more so their games are similar. From what I remember, Plax also had character concerns. 

Golladay had no issues until last year when the wheels fell off that entire organization. I guess I just don’t get it; Golladay is the one player that can make this offense competitive. They simply can’t afford to field another receiving corps of 3 slot receivers who can’t get home and play small. 

The Giants have the leverage of the draft it's why the WR market has been so slow this year, this draft has three or four play making WRs in it all highly regarded. 

It's why most teams haven't had been throwing crazy contracts at WRs this year. 

Agreed, getting a number 1 receiver bumps everyone down one notch on the pecking order and suddenly the entire weapons package is really good.  

Good point about not getting the ball too.  The ravens give him a better chance to win, but they run a shitload and lamar’s deep ball compared to Jones’ deep ball is night and day.  At golladays age I’m not looking to be a role player on a good team, my ego has me wanting to be a huge part of making a team jump a level into contention 

6 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

The Giants have the leverage of the draft it's why the WR market has been so slow this year, this draft has three or four play making WRs in it all highly regarded. 

It's why most teams haven't had been throwing crazy contracts at WRs this year. 

Also most of the top WR's in this free agency have some sort of risk (e.g. Corey Davis had a nice season, but he's never really been a true #1, Golladay was injured, Agholor is inconsistent)...so that helps the giants leverage with Golladay.