SportsWrath

Giants REALLY brining in Golladay for a visit.

BlueInCanada

7 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

The Giants have the leverage of the draft it's why the WR market has been so slow this year, this draft has three or four play making WRs in it all highly regarded. 

It's why most teams haven't had been throwing crazy contracts at WRs this year. 

None of the receivers that could be available at 11 or over even 6’1. The Giants have similar players to Waddle, Smith, Chase (perhaps not as productive or talented). They don’t have a Kenny Golladay.

I just think if they don’t sign a guy like Golladay (and they lost out on Corey Davis already), the organization won’t only be looking for a WR1 in the future...they’ll be looking for a new QB. And it’ll be because they refused to give Jones any weapons.

Another thing about the wr market is that there is a just a ton of talent at the position in the nfl in general and teams are spreading the receiving stats around a bit more.  So the supply is high and it’s a little more difficult to separate yourself with your numbers 

3 hours ago, Herc said:

Another thing about the wr market is that there is a just a ton of talent at the position in the nfl in general and teams are spreading the receiving stats around a bit more.  So the supply is high and it’s a little more difficult to separate yourself with your numbers 

Yeah looking at the deals getting signed this year it's apparent the NFL doesn't value the WR position like it once did unless your like top 5 at the position.

20 minutes ago, K3VIN said:

KG is eyeing 18.5 a year 

Yeah of course he is. Why wouldn’t he? I was really hopeful a couple days ago, but that is steadily declining. I’m pretty much to the point where I think no way this happens. It’s a pipe dream at this point. 

7 minutes ago, JayD said:

Yeah of course he is. Why wouldn’t he? I was really hopeful a couple days ago, but that is steadily declining. I’m pretty much to the point where I think no way this happens. It’s a pipe dream at this point. 

I mean he really only had one good season. He really hasn’t proved him self as a #1

11 minutes ago, K3VIN said:

I mean he really only had one good season. He really hasn’t proved him self as a #1

He’s had two over a thousand yard seasons. Last one scored 11 td’s. Last year was down with a hip injury. 

He’s a proven number 1. And is in his prime. Imagine him and Barkely in full health? 

1 minute ago, mastershake said:

Is that a bad stat or a good one? Good in that he wins them? or bad in that he can't separate?

I think he wins them.

I don't know if they have a stat for a WR who can't separate heh other then them just being bad.

If we manage to bring in Golladay and Jackson, I'll feel pretty good about every position on the team, except for the OL obviously, and to a lesser extent edge rusher, but to narrow it down to only one position group needed going into the draft seems like a decent free agency (even though I would have invested a little different).

I also wonder if we're neglecting the LB position? Who do we really have besides Martinez? If he goes down, we're screwed. Ragland is decent I'm sure but he's no Martinez, and none of these rookies LB last year really flashed yet. Perhaps we can draft in the middle rounds to see if we can build.

7 hours ago, mastershake said:

Yeah, two 1,000 yard seasons prior to the injury, and on a mediocre team. We wouldn't be getting a DeAndre Hopkins or Davonte Adams caliber player (elite top 5), but definitely top 10-20 WR in the league, maybe even fringe top 10. Definitely a solid #1.

Obviously I’m no expert, but I was watching some tape from 2019. I think it’s very possible as he enters the twilight of his prime, if in the right situation, he could easily separate from the pack and end up in the top 5. 

Now whether the Giants are the right situation remains to be seen, in fact that isn’t very likely as of right now. Still though, he could make a major difference on this offense. 

11 hours ago, mastershake said:

If we manage to bring in Golladay and Jackson, I'll feel pretty good about every position on the team, except for the OL obviously, and to a lesser extent edge rusher, but to narrow it down to only one position group needed going into the draft seems like a decent free agency (even though I would have invested a little different).

I also wonder if we're neglecting the LB position? Who do we really have besides Martinez? If he goes down, we're screwed. Ragland is decent I'm sure but he's no Martinez, and none of these rookies LB last year really flashed yet. Perhaps we can draft in the middle rounds to see if we can build.

Pretty much how I feel as well.

Would of liked to  get a vet OL but this years FA class was pretty weak with only a few guys (who signed monster contracts) worth a damn, the rest being bench/swing players like Solder IMO.

I do agree though LB is a worry, Martinez, Crowder, I know Coughlin played well down the stretch, Ragland was a good sign.

Although like you said if we land Golladay, even just him, really opens up the draft, suddenly a guy like Parsons out of Penn would be a hell of a LB to add at #11. Highly athletic can play both the run and pass, would finally give the Giants a real threat at the LB core who can play all aspects of the position.

There's plenty of Oline and WR depth in rounds 2 and 3 to pick up a day one starting guard, or even another WR for Jones, really make the defenses scared of the Giants skill positions then.

My biggest thing is the Cowboys picking at #10, those fuckers pretty much need everything the Giants need so they are going to be taking a guy off the board for us, outside of WR.

46 minutes ago, Herc said:

It’s rough.  Seems like everyone else got signed immediately with a phone call and we gotta wait 3 days of due diligence to get our big fish 

He's one of the best WRs on the market remaining. 

I think most people had him as the #1WR anyways in free agency.

He's doing his due diligence as well by fielding all the offers he can and play the game of FA, leverage one team against the other, etc. 

It wouldn't surprise me one bit for him to leave NY and visit another team or two before signing with someone.

It wouldn't surprise me either if the Giants sign him to some massive contract today or tomorrow.

Who knows, but that's NFL FA for ya. 

18 hours ago, mastershake said:

Is that a bad stat or a good one? Good in that he wins them? or bad in that he can't separate?

I think Stafford trusted him enough to toss him some contested catches...I don’t see it as a bad stat, he’s 6’4, I’d sling it to him, too. 

I believe the stat I saw, and it was on Twitter so I don’t know how to find it again, was that since entering the league, 52 of his receptions were considered “contested,” and it was something like 2nd in the league in that time frame.