SportsWrath

Giants REALLY brining in Golladay for a visit.

BlueInCanada

26 minutes ago, Storm said:

He instantly becomes the Giants number 1, isn’t that all that matters right now? Plus, Jones can be every bit a gun slinger as Stafford if Garrett ran more than WR curls. Then again, with guys like Tate gone and Golladay, Ross, and Slayton, he actually has guys that can help him be confident as a passer.

This is how I feel too. He's got all the tools to be a #1 but he has to stay healthy.

Honestly, it reminds me a lot of the Plax signing back when he was playing behind Hines Ward. Plax wasn't really a "true #1" either and certainly wasn't in Pittsburgh, but he really was a valuable player for us and what we were trying to do.

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

The two CBs Surtain and Farley? Would just make the best combo on the NFL.

Also Pearson's the LB would be fucking ridiculous value at 11. 

I think Surtain sounds like a Judge player. Smart, fiesty, does everything you ask, selfless, a team player.

Farley is more athletic, but there was a guy on the Giants podcast who said he actually graded out really poorly but made up for it with amazing recovery speed. I don't know if you get away with that in the pros.

Parsons has character issues and is unlikely to be on the team, but one of our assistant coaches worked with him so you never know.

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

If the big three WRs and Pitts are all gone (and somebody like Sewell isn't somehow still there) I think this is what you do. I wouldn't hate Slater in that spot though either.

I think our pick is completely unpredictable until our 3-day visit with Adoree Jackson is over. Without him Surtain has to be in play as well. And even if the top 3 WRs are all gone (which I seriously doubt) there will still be guys like Bateman, Marshall Jr, Stevenson, Collins, and Surrat (sp). 

15 hours ago, gmenroc said:

If the front 5 don't improve, it may be worthless.  No deep passes to Golladay without some level of protection up front.

I would hope for one of the top 2 picks to be offensive line...

I doubt rookies are going to come in and make instant impact... at least nothing meaningful.    There were times when the OL played well last year and I expect that to continue if not improve.     I'd still want to see the OL built through the draft and in 2 years time we should have a solid OL.  

51 minutes ago, Nas said:

I doubt rookies are going to come in and make instant impact... at least nothing meaningful.    There were times when the OL played well last year and I expect that to continue if not improve.     I'd still want to see the OL built through the draft and in 2 years time we should have a solid OL.  

I’m expecting the online to make good strides this season. Especially from the rookies last year. We all saw a pretty remarkable improvement after the coaching switch. 

Im not saying they are suddenly going to be awesome or anything like that, but definitely improved. Heck Solder in  more of a back up roll could be a really good fit.  

28 minutes ago, JayD said:

I’m expecting the online to make good strides this season. Especially from the rookies last year. We all saw a pretty remarkable improvement after the coaching switch. 

Im not saying they are suddenly going to be awesome or anything like that, but definitely improved. Heck Solder in  more of a back up roll could be a really good fit.  

I agree and with more weapons on offense there should be less pressure on the offensive line.

3 hours ago, JayD said:

I’m of the opinion that Solder should probably start. 

So why didn't DG go get FAs like he did his first twoyears as he did these past two.

Was it that fact we have Judge and Jones now? Players WANT to come here? 

I mean an aging Eli and a monotone Shurmur probably didn't really entice free agents.

Not to mention the way DG has manipulated the cap and pushed it into next year as we have tons of cap space then. 

Fucking Golladay only has a 4.5 million cap hit this year and an out after year three.

Sure he's due some big money next year but that's when we have like 80+ million on cap space, more like 40+ with Williams and Golladay now.