SportsWrath

If he's there in the 2nd... do you take him?

Sephiroth

Najee Harris, Alabama RB? 

If we get a #1 WR in Free Agency and/or draft one with our 1st pick, I think we might. Gallman will be gone, who knows what's going to happen with Barkley, and Daniel Jones has not really shown us anything yet. 

This dude is big, can run with power, and catch the ball.  Kind of reminds me of a poor man's Derrick Henry. 

Preferably would like to go defense in the 2nd, either DE/LB.

However you are right, Gallman is as good as gone due to the cap situation this year, and even if Barkley turns into iron man and doesnt miss a single snap, we will need a guy behind him.

From what I've read (so far) is that the RB group much like last year is pretty deep in the later rounds of the draft.

Due to highschool/colleges basically becoming spread and nothing else, WRs are going to be the premium where as RBs will fall by the wayside and will be able to get picked up later in the draft.

Honestly though if we do take a RB this guy is either #1 or #2 on many peoples boards at RB, so might be a long shot at landing him, but would be interesting if we did.

18 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

I mean, why not reinvent the nfl again?  With defenses built to stop the passing game, maybe the Giants can come in with 2rb sets and dominate on the ground and quick passes. 

The problem is the college and highschool games are built for the run game anymore, and it's reflected in the NFL, with guys built for pass protection and lacking in the run game.

You still need a punishing defense but the run game is being replaced with the west coasts/spread offense focusing on shorter passing by spreading out the defense to control the ball instead of relying on the run game.

Granted every team is different with players and talents, but I feel teams like the Cheifs/Bucs/Cardinals have it right with a pass heavy mix with quick hand offs and misdirection.

On the other hand the run game isnt dead, look at how the Patriots stopped the Cheifs in 2018 in the playoffs, Mahomes couldn't work his 3 minute TD magic because the Patriots stuck to the run game and controlled the ball the majority of the 4th quarter.

The Titans and Ravens have done the same thing as well this year, and the 49ers got to the big game last year by being a run first team, but it also showed their weakness when they had to rely on their passing game in the second half.

You still need a run game to pick up the yards and control the clock in situation, but in today's NFL being able to score on the last drive of the game, needing a TD in under 4 minutes is a MUST, and that's done with a passing game which more and more teams are starting to adopt in the NFL.

22 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

I mean, why not reinvent the nfl again?  With defenses built to stop the passing game, maybe the Giants can come in with 2rb sets and dominate on the ground and quick passes. 

That would be possible with a good OL, which the Giants aren't even close to.