SportsWrath

Jones "re-aggravated" hamstring and also an ankle sprain.

BlueInCanada

So board, what have we learned from all of this?

When you have a hamstring injury (or any tissue tear for that matter), you need to let it heal completely first.   Yoga (stretching to be more specific) is a great way to hope your body minimize such injuries.   It's best to take from those real experts and those who've been there and done that.   

original_265216878.png

8 minutes ago, Nas said:

When you have a hamstring injury (or any tissue tear for that matter), you need to let it heal completely first.   Yoga (stretching to be more specific) is a great way to hope your body minimize such injuries.   It's best to take from those real experts and those who've been there and done that.   

original_265216878.png

Did Jones do Yoga though? 

35 minutes ago, Nas said:

original_265216878.png

Lol, but again - was it reaggravated? I haven't seen that anywhere but this thread header.

What I have seen is, now he has a sprained ankle. 

Either way.... Probably bad karma to flex on being right about an injury.

2 hours ago, Nas said:

original_265216878.png

Now look what you've done, Nas is right.  We all shall pay.

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Lol, but again - was it reaggravated? I haven't seen that anywhere but this thread header.

What I have seen is, now he has a sprained ankle. 

Either way.... Probably bad karma to flex on being right about an injury.

Wasn’t flexing.   I’m driving the point home to make sure we all learn.   I actually mean that.

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Did Jones do Yoga though? 

Not the point.   Hamstring injuries are very tricky.   It’s better to let a player sit out longer so that you’re overly cautious with the injury.

I had a weird feeling DJ wasn’t ready to come back.  Mainly from knowing how hamstring injuries can be so frustrating for a person dying to get back on the field...

I’m not sure how this whole whoopla transpired but I stated that yoga (stretching really) is a measure to help prevent such injuries not necessarily to speed the healing process.  Moreover, stretching an injured hammy can have the opposite effect... it could aggravate the injury.

I will also mention that this was explained to me personally by Amani Toomer in Albany during the 2002 training camp.  I’d noted he was much slimmer than usual and he graciously went to explain how he had to change his training to deal with the realities of wear and tear but also getting older.    

13 hours ago, Nas said:

Wasn’t flexing.   I’m driving the point home to make sure we all learn.   I actually mean that.

LOL, what is it you think anybody learned except you think your personal opinion is more valuable than a doctor's?

And I'll openly concede the team may be full of shit, but literally nothing except this thread header (as far as I've seen at least) says anything about the hamstring being made worse by playing on Sunday. 

25 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

LOL, what is it you think anybody learned except you think your personal opinion is more valuable than a doctor's?

And I'll openly concede the team may be full of shit, but literally nothing except this thread header (as far as I've seen at least) says anything about the hamstring being made worse by playing on Sunday. 

Brother, we all saw DJ hobbled last week... he was limited.   My opinion is based on doctor’s advice.   I'm not sure whose doctor's advice you're referring to here... we're debating on this message board whether DJ was rushed back which may have caused him to either reaggrviate the injury... we know he was pretty ineffective during the game.   

1 hour ago, Nas said:

Brother, we all saw DJ hobbled last week... he was limited.   My opinion is based on doctor’s advice.   I'm not sure whose doctor's advice you're referring to here... we're debating on this message board whether DJ was rushed back which may have caused him to either reaggrviate the injury... we know he was pretty ineffective during the game.   

LOL, I think the silly part is on the balance we all have the same opinion - stretching helps, except when it doesn't, LOL!

Actually I thought he was moving pretty well last week, until he got bruised up and sprained later in the game. And I'm not going to speculate that he wouldn't have had the same injuries whether or not his hammy was acting up. I think he got injured -more injured than the hamstring - on a routine in the pocket hit that could happen to any QB. 

Speaking strictly in hypotheticals, because I obviously haven't talked to team doctors, much less seen the MRI or would even know what I'm looking at, but if the docs say the player isn't at risk of aggravating the injury further, and the player wants to go, then I'm letting him play. Especially when its the QB. 

1 minute ago, CrazedDogs said:

LOL, I think the silly part is on the balance we all have the same opinion - stretching helps, except when it doesn't, LOL!

Actually I thought he was moving pretty well last week, until he got bruised up and sprained later in the game. And I'm not going to speculate that he wouldn't have had the same injuries whether or not his hammy was acting up. I think he got injured -more injured than the hamstring - on a routine in the pocket hit that could happen to any QB. 

Speaking strictly in hypotheticals, because I obviously haven't talked to team doctors, much less seen the MRI or would even know what I'm looking at, but if the docs say the player isn't at risk of aggravating the injury further, and the player wants to go, then I'm letting him play. Especially when its the QB. 

lol... basically.   I know I didn't say it... I felt he was being rushed.   But that's neither here or there.   The reason I thought he was limited was because he didn't run like he usually does... something was up.     One can make the argument that his inability to escape might've exposed him to injury... But here we are.