SportsWrath

Jones "re-aggravated" hamstring and also an ankle sprain.

BlueInCanada

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

BREAKING NEWS:  When you play injured players, they re-aggravate their injuries. 

Maybe Judge really is a young Coughlin.  

It's human nature.    The desire to win not just by the coaches but also by players, makes them want to go out there so bad.   This is not just pro-players... It's just us humans.  I recall shoveling snow and ice from a basketball in Brooklyn in freezing weather... recall going back to play football after a horrific hamstring tear (only to fuck it all up and end up needing way more time to recover had I waited another week)... there's a burning desire to play... an addiction of sort.   

The hope is Judge and DJ learn from this.... DJ needs to take action to prevent such injuries (being more flexible to be exact).    I told the story of me in the Giants Training Camp in Albany... saw one of my favorite players of all time.. the Great Amani Toomer.   I noticed him slimmer than usual... he gracefully walked up to me and struck a conversation that took a lot longer than I expected (the dude is a humble person and a class act).   I asked like I've  known him for years and he told me that he had to change his training regimen to keep up with the game.   It wasn't exactly yoga but some kind of Brazilian exercise that made him more flexible etc.    

But to your point, those are professionals not amatures.. so maybe the should have known  better. 

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

BREAKING NEWS:  When you play injured players, they re-aggravate their injuries. 

Maybe Judge really is a young Coughlin.  

NFL Players play football, the coach has to decide which players put the team in the best place to win.    You could sit a player for a sore hamstring for 2 weeks and then he gets leg wipped to a broken leg the first snap he is in the game.   Jones did not look good in his comeback game, I doubt McCoy would have looked better in any way.

DJ is no Eli...   almost no-one is an Eli with his ability to play every week.     The team needs a competent backup, not a long shot rookie nor a never was veteran who cannot take the offense and make it work.