SportsWrath

60 games are better than none

On 6/24/2020 at 3:37 PM, mastershake said:

I bet they don't even have a season. Too many players, coaches, and staff will get COVID-19 over the next several weeks (many already have) and they will call it off.

Yeah..I was thinking the same thing too.....what happens when 50% of a team is in quarantine...how are those forfeits calculated.

I think they should have done  a tournament. ....5 game series with in your division....last year's division champ gets a first round bye.....and a seven game WS with league winners.

They could knock that out in about a month..beat the clock on COVID.....and call it good for the year.

The betting and interest on something like that might rival the NCAA Bball Tourney.

C. Wagon

On 6/24/2020 at 4:37 PM, mastershake said:

I bet they don't even have a season. Too many players, coaches, and staff will get COVID-19 over the next several weeks (many already have) and they will call it off.

I know several players already have it, and apparently it has run through the Rangers front office pretty bad.  I think they'll play about a month and it will get canceled.

This pandemic is such bullshit.

I live in Chinatown. I'm middle aged with a plethora of health problems and I haven't gotten so much as a runny nose.

The people who are dying from it would die from the flu too. It's sad and unfortunate, but that's life. 

And if it's inevitable that the entire human race is going to die from this shit, we might as well go out living our lives to fullest while we can. 

I know everything I said is ignorant,but I'm fed up

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 10:58 PM, Tempest said:

Mets have a decent shot at achieving something.  Yankees tend to be slow starters but this is usually when they are at their best.  Should be interesting.

If the Mets end up winning it all, this will obviously be the most legit of any season in the history of baseball

• 2 months later...

The best first baseman not named Paul or Freddie won the ml home run crown. And he shared time with ford and a revolving door at dh.

Less at bats than all other qualifiers too. And he made like 200k this season

Luke, no undershirt and 3 buttons undone, voit.  Between him and le machine, the Yankees have 2 of the best bargains in baseball. Though DJ is due for a significant increase in pay come this offseason. Hopefully the Yankees retain him. Id give him 4 years 100 mil with an option/buyout.

But some team might go longer and more....if that happens...sadly, you let him walk. Give DJ the cano treatment...heres our best offer..take it or leave it

The cardinals must be happy with the trade too though...they have goldy at first and gallaegos turned out to be a dominant late inning reliever for them. Shreve is serviceable too. Though he left st. Louis after the trade

• 2 months later...
On 6/29/2020 at 11:24 AM, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

This pandemic is such bullshit.

I live in Chinatown. I'm middle aged with a plethora of health problems and I haven't gotten so much as a runny nose.

The people who are dying from it would die from the flu too. It's sad and unfortunate, but that's life. 

And if it's inevitable that the entire human race is going to die from this shit, we might as well go out living our lives to fullest while we can. 

I know everything I said is ignorant,but I'm fed up

Live in China town?!?  Is 69 still open?  For all you clowns in here. It’s a old restaurant that usually open for the late party people at 3-4am.  

As for baseball, something is better than nothing. They are also probably planning on getting that vaccine in 6 months.  Anyways yea, I think a lot of players will be covid. Lot of baseball players are Latino and we know they love partying and get together for any reasons.  I’m surprised there’s so little crack down in the Bronx.  They making the Jews look bad.