SportsWrath

16 and 0

BlueInCanada

I hated the idea when I first heard he was hired. Was totally baffled. The more I hear from him though the more I’m intrigued.

Imagine how great it will be if he really pulls off all the things he talks about. We have a damn 38 year old Belichick. 

On 2/26/2020 at 6:06 AM, JayD said:

I hated the idea when I first heard he was hired. Was totally baffled. The more I hear from him though the more I’m intrigued.

Imagine how great it will be if he really pulls off all the things he talks about. We have a damn 38 year old Belichick. 

A 38 year old Tom Coughlin

On 2/29/2020 at 7:08 PM, Pdouble said:

Here’s to hoping so.   It would be cool to have a coach for 30 years. 

Id prefer a 38 year old Bellichick - although I wont complain for a TC. But the way he talks - the kind of clarity with which he speaks without a single stammer or stutter or taking time to think of the best answer etc - it almost looks like it is rehearsed but it isnt. Im excited to see the football acumen that Judge Dredd brings to the table.

I really like everything he's said and done so far but like Gorilla said, I wonder what'll happen if and when they start out 0-4.  Dude is definitely very smart and intense but you can take it too far... players tune that out, and the media will eat you alive if they think you're coming across as a dick.  

He also went on the record this week saying that when he does go back to MA to spend time with his family, he's taking a train so that he can work on the train and also working at home.  Burnout is a real thing (I have to tell it to my mentees all the time).  I'm a little worried he might end up as a Ray Rhodes/Jim Harbaugh type where the game ends up too big for him. 

Nothing to panic about now though, and like I said... overall I love him. 

I expect the first half of the season to be rough. 0-4 is certainly a possibility. This is gonna take time. 

I think best we can hope for is improvement towards the end of the year, and hopefully hit the ground running next year. 

15 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I really like everything he's said and done so far but like Gorilla said, I wonder what'll happen if and when they start out 0-4.  Dude is definitely very smart and intense but you can take it too far... players tune that out, and the media will eat you alive if they think you're coming across as a dick.  

He also went on the record this week saying that when he does go back to MA to spend time with his family, he's taking a train so that he can work on the train and also working at home.  Burnout is a real thing (I have to tell it to my mentees all the time).  I'm a little worried he might end up as a Ray Rhodes/Jim Harbaugh type where the game ends up too big for him. 

Nothing to panic about now though, and like I said... overall I love him. 

As long as he can keep his message and stay strong with his vision I think the team will respond to it.

It's why the team liked Shurmur despite his meek attitude the guy stayed true to what he was trying to do despite the losses.

I fully expect a 5 or 6 win season next year.

At best maybe 8 and 8.

In my heart though it's 16-0.